You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 59>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 4:25pm
And he's the most sellable asset per this thread in the Derby fans forum: https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/38796-will-derby-cash-in-on-bird-and-knight/#comments

Consensus is that they're facing a fire sale and will get below a fair price for their players as a result. £5m comes up a good few times in the thread.

When I see a figure that low I can see how a bigger club might want to take a quick look at him. If a side can manage his appearances correctly (at that club and out on loans) then you will surely never make a loss on £5m. And it differs to, say, Collins going to Burnley. The outlay there was over double that amount and might one say there's a little more risk involved again in terms of young defenders? 

Someone like Leicester, for example, would surely be tempted to a far greater extent than if he were £10m or whatever he would have gone for in normal circumstances. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 06 Dec 2021 at 4:30pm
Sponsored Links

AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 12:02pm
Knight is class. With a bit of luck he could go right to the top
It's not me it's you:-)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:24am
West Ham the latest to be linked to Knight. Seems like he will be able to skip the relegation contenders and yo-yo clubs here if he wants to and go straight to a more established Premier League team. Would be best staying away from the big guns for now and going somewhere where he will play week in week out.
chunk View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:33am
Would he get a shot at WHU?Who would he be vying with? Lanzini? Bowen?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 11:02am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

West Ham the latest to be linked to Knight. Seems like he will be able to skip the relegation contenders and yo-yo clubs here if he wants to and go straight to a more established Premier League team. Would be best staying away from the big guns for now and going somewhere where he will play week in week out.

He's played a lot of football already compared to the average young Irish player. If he was to get a move to a big gun it wouldn't be the worse thing if he was a squad player but getting to work with a top coach and getting game time off the bench.

Not that I think it would happen but United "supposedly" linked with McGinn for 50m, but could throw 5m at Derby for Knight who I think will develop to the same level as McGinn if not better. Knight gets to work in a top class environment and would still be 24 if he was to leave after three years. Around the same age McGinn was when he moved to Villa.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 11:35am
I think Knight would be well able to get decent game time with at least a dozen EPL teams as things stand. I'd be surprised if he bothered moving to another championship team at this stage, unless maybe someone like Fulham or Bournemouth who are odds on for promotion. Even then I think he's ready for better than that. There are a lot of mediocre midfielders kicking around the EPL that he is better than.

Obviously he should avoid the top teams, but I'd question whether there is genuine interest in him at that level anyway.

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 Dec 2021 at 11:36am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:28pm
You take your chance when it comes, he will either sink or swim, but I think he has the chutzpah to make it in the EPL.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:33pm
The West Ham link does make sense to a degree he would really suit the current West Ham side. Also they ain't teeming with depth in midfield he is versatile so can slot in anywhere. They will be in Europe too next year I have a feeling so he will get gametime with so many matches for them to play and not a huge squad. 

Leeds would be another great move for him.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

The West Ham link does make sense to a degree he would really suit the current West Ham side. Also they ain't teeming with depth in midfield he is versatile so can slot in anywhere. They will be in Europe too next year I have a feeling so he will get gametime with so many matches for them to play and not a huge squad. 

Leeds would be another great move for him.

Good shout re Leeds especially given the news Kalvin Phillips may be out for a couple of months. I know they dont play in the same position, but it does leave Leeds light on numbers in midfield and Jason's high octane style would probably suit a Bielsa team.
Idah Dream!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 1:59pm
Likely he will leave for a cut price deal due to Derby's financial problems but I wonder could that count against him. If a club splashes 20m on a player you know they intend on giving him a fair chance to impress. If they are only paying 5m is there a risk that he will be viewed as a punt until a shinier object comes along? 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Likely he will leave for a cut price deal due to Derby's financial problems but I wonder could that count against him. If a club splashes 20m on a player you know they intend on giving him a fair chance to impress. If they are only paying 5m is there a risk that he will be viewed as a punt until a shinier object comes along? 

Better not go to The Magpies so.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 08 Dec 2021 at 4:32pm
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 4:19pm
still expected to be sold next week? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 4:29pm
Apparently there are still three or four EPL teams interested in him, including Leeds and West Ham. Derby's preferred bidder to take the club out of administration fell through, so the odds are that he will move on I'd say.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 1:59pm
Watched Derby yesterday didn't stand out some nice touches ......Ebosele on the other hand has come on leaps and bounds, big future for him
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 11:02pm
Brilliant again tonight. Up and down the wing . Ran his socks off. Very intelligent player. Nearly scored. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 11:29am
interesting he sees himself as a 8. Kenny should be retiring Hendricks and making this fella the lynch pin of this team. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

interesting he sees himself as a 8. Kenny should be retiring Hendricks and making this fella the lynch pin of this team. 

Hendrick has been very good recently. As Jamie McGrath has shown, there's room for an 8 1/2 type player and Hendrick. I can see Knight and Hendrick and Cullen and two more making up our front 5 before the back 6. In fact, I would say that Hendrick has proved himself over a period of time and more recently for Ireland that his club situation is not that important. Cullen is excelling for club and country. Knight is performing for Derby and has made a recent large contribution for Ireland against Luxembourg. I would guess that, if fit, they will be 3 of the first names on the teamsheet for Kenny. Duffy, Egan and Bazunu being another 3. Coleman and Doherty probably start but I don't know where. And then we need either a left wing back or a right sided centre back, depending on where Coleman and Doherty are positioned. Robinson is probably the last starter. 

So, I'm saying Bazunu, Coleman, Doherty, Egan, Duffy, Cullen, Hendrick, Knight and Robinson are starters, in my view and based on recent evidence. That leaves two positions - one being either a right sided centre half or left wing back and the other being an attacking midfielder or centre forward. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 02 Jan 2022 at 12:21pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 12:25pm
There should be no lynch pins esp during covid 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 59>
  Share Topic