You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 59>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 5:55pm
should be a starter going forward i think, great impact last night
Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Has to be a starter for me, he can play the McGrath role but with more quality and has a much higher ceiling as a player. Fantastic impact. 
To me he is more of a replacement for the likes of Hendrick who didnt even turn up.
Wow. Didn't catch the 2nd goal I take it 
slow hand clap for jeff then, he finally created a chance after years of nothing.

Knight came on and created three chances in just 20 minutes.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 12:04am

Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Has to be a starter for me, he can play the McGrath role but with more quality and has a much higher ceiling as a player. Fantastic impact. 
To me he is more of a replacement for the likes of Hendrick who didnt even turn up.
Wow. Didn't catch the 2nd goal I take it 
slow hand clap for jeff then, he finally created a chance after years of nothing.

Knight came on and created three chances in just 20 minutes.
So he a created a chance? But you just said he didn't turn up?

He's been excellent the last 5 or 6 games.
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

On a side note I just seen Jason post a generic "Great way to finish the campaign" post on his Instagram but I love all the comments from the rest of the lads acknowledging his impact.

McClean, Robinson, Cullen, McGrath, O'Dowda, Christie, Ogbene, Kelleher, Bazunu, Taylor, Coventry, Kilkenny, Connell, Smallbone etc..

A hell of lot more likes from lads at u17s to senior and post retirement.

Its encouraging for younger players to see / hear.

Im not big social media user or poster but its big part of younger generations.

It was like seeing Coleman having words in Ogbene's ear during the game every time he done something good. Duffy and Egan the same with Omobamidele, Collins, Bazunu and Kelleher in previous games.

Theres a sense of real comradery in this bunch that can go a long way in the development of players like Knight.

That was class from Coleman. Coleman went to shake his hand and could have done it before the other player came to Ogbene but he waited. Put his arm around Ogbene and looked him in the eye. A real captain moment and it was great to see. Compare that to the English lads, all in it for themselves no matter what they say about their faux team spirit nonsense. The team spirit and togetherness in this Ireland squad at the moment is very evident.

A good few of the older lads did the same thing to Knight in some photos I’ve seen today. Arm around him pointing at him giving him a gee up.

Edited by bundy - 16 Nov 2021 at 12:15am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 12:33am
our system needs Cullen and Hendrick. I think we just need Knight in there too.

For me, there are pretty much 9 names that make the team sheet each time they are available

Baz
Coleman—???—Duffy—Egan—Doherty
Hendrick—Cullen
Knight—Robinson—???

The only two blanks are how we intend to play. O’Shea probably has the other spot in back line if fit or Andrew O, but of course he might also use Coleman there.
The other attacker for me is maybe Connolly if he gets head together but if not Ogbene.
I do like McGrath a lot as well but I think he is more competing with Knight and we need to have that one pacy player. 

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 12:41am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

On a side note I just seen Jason post a generic "Great way to finish the campaign" post on his Instagram but I love all the comments from the rest of the lads acknowledging his impact.

McClean, Robinson, Cullen, McGrath, O'Dowda, Christie, Ogbene, Kelleher, Bazunu, Taylor, Coventry, Kilkenny, Connell, Smallbone etc..

It was like seeing Coleman having words in Ogbene's ear during the game every time he done something good. Duffy and Egan the same with Omobamidele, Collins, Bazunu and Kelleher in previous games.

Theres a sense of real comradery in this bunch that can go a long way in the development of players like Knight.

That was class from Coleman. Coleman went to shake his hand and could have done it before the other player came to Ogbene but he waited. Put his arm around Ogbene and looked him in the eye. A real captain moment and it was great to see. Compare that to the English lads, all in it for themselves no matter what they say about their faux team spirit nonsense. The team spirit and togetherness in this Ireland squad at the moment is very evident.

A good few of the older lads did the same thing to Knight in some photos I’ve seen today. Arm around him pointing at him giving him a gee up.
Strange comment 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 2:36am

What a bizzare point to make. Firstly who cares what another countries players do. Secondly you're making assumptions on England then in the next sentence do the exact same just by looking at a few photos of Ireland players. 

Edit - only seeing your post now Greendodger making the same point

Edited by Artie Ziff - 16 Nov 2021 at 2:38am
It would damage this forums' reputation
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:24am
Heimatklange "slow hand clap for jeff then, he finally created a chance after years of nothing."

Come on man, that belittling attitude grates in a thread talking about comradrie.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 4:42am

Coleman is always at stuff like that in fairness to him. First time I noticed it was when I re-watched the Italy game in Lille. McCarthy makes a diving header to clear it at the near post and Coleman is straight over to him. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:58am
I don't know if Coleman can put a foot wrong as captain. He always seems to deliver the big moments at the right time. Remember last season when he chased after Kieran Gibbs-  "No you won't do it again. Hard man." Or the press conference in March when he backed Shane Duffy who was at his lowest ebb and Duffy followed up by retweeting footage of it. The duels with Ronaldo the other night against Portugal too. 

And these examples are more obvious than the subtle things he does like the word in the ear that he is always giving  I spotted that with Ogbene too. Claas. He just always seems to do something to help those around him in a selfless and inspirational manner. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 16 Nov 2021 at 6:59am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:05am
Another 9 point deduction for Derby today, so they're 21 points from safety now. Hopefully Knight can get out of there in January and get a good move for himself either to the Premier League or a team in the mix for promotion from the Championship.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Another 9 point deduction for Derby today, so they're 21 points from safety now. Hopefully Knight can get out of there in January and get a good move for himself either to the Premier League or a team in the mix for promotion from the Championship.

Yeah just looking at that, looks like Derby will be planning for life in league 1 going forward. I would expect some teams go in for knight in January and Derby will probably be keen to cash in. Will be interesting.

I’d doubt he’ll move in January.....derby have after all been very good to him,and him to them...but I’d imagine he’ll stay and fight to try keep them up(however impossible that is)and leave the club on good terms.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:58am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Yeah just looking at that, looks like Derby will be planning for life in league 1 going forward. I would expect some teams go in for knight in January and Derby will probably be keen to cash in. Will be interesting.

I’d doubt he’ll move in January.....derby have after all been very good to him,and him to them...but I’d imagine he’ll stay and fight to try keep them up(however impossible that is)and leave the club on good terms.

If they get a 6m or above offer I imagine they will take it

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Nov 2021 at 10:58am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 11:02am
I suspect if they get a decent offer Knight is moved on in Jan. I feel sorry for Derby they and Rooney have been good to young Irish players. 

If or when they do go down I strongly suspect both Knight and Ebosele will get transfers so at least we don't lose 2 lads in that sense.

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Nov 2021 at 11:02am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 11:33am
Funny that they have a young Irish lad at Derby called "Cashin" which is exactly what Derby will be doing with Knight/Ebosele :)

On a serious note, hopefully they can both get moves to clubs where they will play, in fact it might be best for Ebosele to stay put and play L1 football next year, he's still only 19. Knight needs to move on, but not to a PL bench. Louie Watson and Cashin might get some game time next season in L1 also.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 12:03pm

I know what you mean, but I think if they get a decent fee for him in January that would be considered leaving on good terms. They will move into League 1 preparation mode now, there is no prospect of them staying up from here, so better to cash in now on the likes of Knight who definitely won't be going down with them.

Also, there is a section of the Derby support that don't actually rate Knight that highly. They've always had a preference for an English lad who is the same age and plays a similar position, Louis Sibley, even though Knight has clearly been miles ahead of him for the last two years.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 12:16pm

I know what you mean, but I think if they get a decent fee for him in January that would be considered leaving on good terms. They will move into League 1 preparation mode now, there is no prospect of them staying up from here, so better to cash in now on the likes of Knight who definitely won't be going down with them.

Also, there is a section of the Derby support that don't actually rate Knight that highly. They've always had a preference for an English lad who is the same age and plays a similar position, Louis Sibley, even though Knight has clearly been miles ahead of him for the last two years.

Who is this section really not rate him highly that's bizarre?  Sibley is promising as well tbf but Knight I'd have had slightly ahead of him. 

If one is English they will just rate him higher anyways generally being English is considered a talent a lot for the time see the free pass Maguire got for ages for playing poorly for United vs the abuse Lindelof got. 

It may well be why we rate Knight a lot higher too as he's Irish. Human nature. 

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Nov 2021 at 12:16pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 1:46pm

Lots of talk before the season started that Burnley were in for him then he picked up an injury and it cooled .

Watch this space i would say for a move in Jan as £7 to 10 million would do it .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 59>
  Share Topic