Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 59>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 8:14pm
No chance
Sponsored Links

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:24pm
Seems like Palace and West Ham interested too. Still only 19 with 53 championship appearances and 8 goals from midfield not bad going at all.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

No chance
Paul O'Hehir now reporting that West Ham and Palace are both in for him in this window.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:39pm
Hopefully he stays where he is for now.
Jack Grealish was never harmed by a few seasons in the Championship. 
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:02pm
he should stay put, get game time, experience play week in week out till the summer of 2022. Massive prospect but dont rush. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:11pm
Derby wont let him go for cheap anyway. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:13pm
not the worst thing to stay with Derby until the summer and see how things shake out. A lot of the teams he could go to might be back in the Championship in a few months or have a new manager that will be ultra-defensive 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:39pm
Is he going to get into the west ham or palace 1st team. Dont see it. Stay with Ronney son.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Is he going to get into the west ham or palace 1st team. Dont see it. Stay with Ronney son.

Definitely. Would be crazy to leave Derby at this stage of his career. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 12:39am
Noble is retiring soon I suspect and Rice maybe off. I’d just be more worried under Moyes 19/20yo kid if West Ham hit a bad run he mightn’t see games for 6 months. Palace too plenty aging midfielders he’d have no bother getting gamtime. 

More so the step up in class he’s talented but it maybe no harm just to stay at Derby another while more experience where he will play every week.

Also some of this teams mentioned maybe back in the bloody Championship in 6-18 months time. He may also get interest further afield across Europe if he keeps going. 

I’d certainly wait until the summer his star is only going to rise not fall the way he’s going anyways. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Jan 2021 at 12:40am
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 9:45am
Cullen had to leave WH for want of gametime and Coventry is not getting a look in.
Do we think Knight is so much better than those that he wouldn't be a squad-player?

For me he is better but I'd have him stay where he is as he's one of very few bright spots for us for now, playing regularly and playing well.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 10:35am
I think Knight is better than Cullen and certainly better than Coventry. He is good enough to get a lot of game time with the teams he is being linked to - maybe not an automatic starter right away at West Ham, but he'd play a decent amount of first team football I think. He's be very close to starting right away for Palace or Burnley. Both teams are in need of squad rebuilds and he fits the bill in that respect. Palace have a lot of players out of contract in the summer and Burnley have a very shallow squad and there might be a takeover in progress there at the moment.

However he is also only 19 and in a great position at Derby, playing week in week out in a team that seems to be building their midfield around him more and more as time goes on. So there's certainly no rush in terms of him looking for a move out of there.

The reality though is that if Derby accept a bid he will be off so I would not be surprised if he is a premier division player by the end of the window.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 10:36am
More talk about linked to the Clarets , watch this space .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Are the new board likely to stick with Dyche?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Are the new board likely to stick with Dyche?
I would say yes is the answer to that question as they made it known that they want him . They say they have funds for new players in Jan so we will see how much they want to spend .
Most Burnley Fans seem happy with the Yanks again very early to see how it gos as they want to take us up a level as one director said " we want to be everyone's favorite underdog " what that means is anyone's idea .

Time will tell how this pans out and we will know the end of Jan how much money they have to spend .

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 11:26am
favourite underdog sounds like.they want a new style of football 
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

favourite underdog sounds like.they want a new style of football 

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO , not the side to side and backwards game please Wink
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Cullen had to leave WH for want of gametime and Coventry is not getting a look in.
Do we think Knight is so much better than those that he wouldn't be a squad-player?

For me he is better but I'd have him stay where he is as he's one of very few bright spots for us for now, playing regularly and playing well.
Cullen had to drop down to league one to get regular game time in loan with Charlton before he got a proper run in the championship once they got promoted. Shows that no team in the championship at the time we’re willing to take a chance on him. Knight is by far a better player than Cullen was at that stage of his career and at the minute too in my opinion. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 59>
  Share Topic