You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 59>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Scores today. I have a feeling this guy is going to be one of our best players in a couple of seasons. 

Good. Hope it shut the millwall scumbags up

I suspect you're referencing the booing for the black lives matter take a knee movement. It certainly lacked any class from the fans and was sad to see. Though I'm not sure how helpful it is labelling them scumbags though.

Personally I think we should keep racism and politics out of football.

Same as B88: call a scumbag a scumbag. I don’t really care if it offends them or not.

Not sure what your situation is, Left Foot, but many of these are the same people who would call you a thick paddy and sing no surrender. 

They very likely would declan, I've lived in London for 30 years and have heard it a lot in the 90s. If I was to call them scumbags at no point would any of them suddenly see the error of their ways,  they would most likely double down on it. So its just not useful 

Its a complex issue and we need to tackle it but taking a knee or calling them scumbags isn't going to return results.

Political activism should not have a place in sport whether you agree with it or not. in my opinion anyway 
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 8:11pm
needless to say I disagree, left foot. You don’t change their minds by saying nothing either. After 30 years you should probably know that a lot of those attitudes are ingrained. 

Same with politics or activism. Silence is a political act also.

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Scores today. I have a feeling this guy is going to be one of our best players in a couple of seasons. 

Good. Hope it shut the millwall scumbags up

I suspect you're referencing the booing for the black lives matter take a knee movement. It certainly lacked any class from the fans and was sad to see. Though I'm not sure how helpful it is labelling them scumbags though.

Personally I think we should keep racism and politics out of football.

They are scum! Simple as that.
They are. But they aren’t alone!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:18pm
The way the British media go on you'd think racism is only a problem in the US. As Les Ferdinand said, it's an empty gesture until changes are made at a boardroom level. The US are more proactive at least; how long is it since the Rooney Rule was introduced over there? Meanwhile, several black former players have spoken of how difficult it remains to get managerial or boardroom jobs at professional clubs in Britain. The continued racist abuse directed James McClean shows how stubborn and in denial they are about problems in their own backyard, not to mention lads like Alan McCormack and Paul McShane being called "pikeys" by other players during matches. And of course, there are the several incidences of fans being caught making monkey gestures towards black players live on TV last season.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:49pm
To be fair, it would take a unique level of stupidity to insult McClean, McCormack or McShane thus and not expect to be robustly corrected, so to speak.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 6:08pm
Derby playing 4-3-3 with knight playing on the right side of the midfield three. Might be playing there for ireland too so good to see he's performing at club level in that position
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:12pm
Scores today 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:16pm
Derby look really good, seen a good few of their games since Rooney took and infairness they're extremely well organized.

Tidy finish from Knight, has a lot of potential and his attitude seems to be first class. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:22pm
Jason deserved his man of the match tonight he played very well.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:31pm
I think I've probably posted similar previously on this thread but if Knight avoids major injuries he's going to be an absolutely massive player for us.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think I've probably posted similar previously on this thread but if Knight avoids major injuries he's going to be an absolutely massive player for us.

+1 on that. Only 19 but a very mature footballer doing well in a physical and competitive championship.

Not afraid to chip in with goals and assists either, won't be long for the premier league.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:13pm
Didnt see tonight’s game but looking at social media the love he gets on there is mental pretty much a fan favourite already at 19. 

One poster suggested that the reviews he’s getting off media outlets are mixed but overall to my eye they have been positive too got another man of the match performance tonight.

Hopefully he stays fit and can keep getting a run until the end of the season with them the way he’s supposably playing that should be a formality. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:20pm
Derby fans absolutely love the kid, nothing mixed about it. They think he has jumped to the top of the pile in a solid group of academy players coming through that have stepped up last 2 years, they are afraid of not being able to hold on to him now.

Edited by Nialler - 29 Dec 2020 at 8:20pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:35pm
Yeah, if you look at the Derby Twitter page they love the guy, suggesting they should 'stop the count' on their player of the season.

He has some engine on him too, covers some ground in games .
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 9:01pm
Seemingly so a fan favourite pretty much and lots of references about his engine. 

Context is needed maybe in they have been poor this year. they have played well since Rooney took them over better than recent results suggest. They played Wycombe off the pitch a few weeks ago from what I see but somehow came off only with a draw. Almost a case of it finally clicking and the floodgates opened for them tonight. 

I wouldn’t be upset to see Knight stay there another 2/3 years even if it meant he gets games every week and develops. If he keeps that level up hel get more and more interest as he develops more no fear of that.

Louie Watson also came off the bench tonight which was great to see. Don’t know much about him only he’s Irish so that’s a positive. 

Edited by kevin100 - 29 Dec 2020 at 9:04pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 11:38pm
Id be delighted if he was our next really good midfielder. Im a fan of Jeff's but we need someone who can just take the a game and impose themselves someway. We just dont have that at the minute. If Moulmby could go away and get gametime and Knight coming through you have 2 good aggressive type players that could be a decent foundation to work around.

Edited by doherty - 29 Dec 2020 at 11:38pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 5:23pm
Molumby Smallbone Cullen (24 still young) Ronan Coventry Connell Taylor at Peterborough Hodge and their others too we have a lot of good young midfielders with potential.

Knight and Molumby lead the way but a big reason Knights currently the high flyer of our young midfielders is he’s getting games every week where let’s say a lot of the others aren’t. Taylor is very much getting handy on the scene too another young lad getting plenty games at a much lower level but is still improving mad.

Molumby Smallbone Coventry Connell in particular are at ages where they need to be playing men’s football regularly. 

Coventry and Connell in particular it’s mystifying if not infuriating still seeing them play underage football (Coventry did break his foot last month and may have been in West Ham’s plans they do lack midfield depth). 

Molumby and Smallbone were in and around thier first teams plans fair enough I can stretch myself to understand why they didn’t go elsewhere for games. 

Hodge is a few years younger so wouldn’t judge him too harshly yet.

We have plenty talent it’s just again a lot of them are at the ages where learning their trade/getting reference experience is vital and they ain’t getting it.

Edited by kevin100 - 30 Dec 2020 at 5:26pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 7:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 59>
  Share Topic