FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 59>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 5:42am
Should run his contract down IMO. He's already stuck there this season as it is, with no one from the leagues above willing to take a chance. Big risk of him being stuck at the club longer term if he signs a new contract.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

His brother is his agent I think. 

Listen I think he will be OK. His whole career is ahead of him. There might not be great offers on the table.  I'd nearly stay at Derby than go to someone like Birmingham in the championship. Like I mentioned previously, teams in the championship are not splashing the cash after covid. No team in the prem are interested at this moment. So he hasn't got too many options.
The most frustrating thing is they are playing him at RB

Best thing for him is just wait it out till January. If any of the rumours of interest in Germany is true then they can approach him with contract offers. Derby won't want to lose him for peanuts so teams in England could get him handy enough in January.

Derby don't wanna sell players cause they've a small enough squad and are only allowed sign free transfers and players on loan. They'll likely get decent compensation if he joins another English club next summer on a free but could do an Ebosele. They might have to sell him come January rather than risk him going abroad for peanuts.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 2:14pm
His brother is his agent I think. 

Listen I think he will be OK. His whole career is ahead of him. There might not be great offers on the table.  I'd nearly stay at Derby than go to someone like Birmingham in the championship. Like I mentioned previously, teams in the championship are not splashing the cash after covid. No team in the prem are interested at this moment. So he hasn't got too many options.
The most frustrating thing is they are playing him at RB
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 1:43pm
More stupidity than admirable imo. Unless he has it put in his contract that he can leave if an offer of £2m or something is made.

He's got no agent listed so could be a family member he has representing him like Collins does.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 1:23pm
If the loyalty is only to ensure that Derby get a reasonable fee for him and he's been assured he will be allowed leave should a decent offer arrive, then the contract renewal is admirable. I am surprised however that his agent hasnt been able to muster interest, if nothing else the lad has a great engine and attitude - I'd love to see him go to a club who might try and improve the technical aspects of his game. 

He is absolutely a cut above League One level and I'm not sure a further year at Derby, even assuming they have a successful year, which they should, will be any good for his development. 

Having said that, if they go up, which is likely, then we could be looking at the captain of a Championship club going places with a L1 winners medal in his back pocket, so who knows. There's no guarantees that a move to a lower end PL club right now would leave him in a better place.
Idah Dream!
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 12:59am
if this doesn't have a release clause i really dont understand it from his perspective (if true)
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 7:32pm
Yeah loyalty is going to affect his career. Derby happy to use him as a workhorse to plug any hole they have and clearly don't care about his development. You aren't telling me that no champ team wouldn't pick him up on a free next summer and offer him good game time in central midfield.

If he's happy as a league one right back fair enough. He will probably still be one of our first options for a while. But if we get a few more midfielders coming through he could find himself out of favour in a few years.

Edited by SC92 - 29 Aug 2022 at 7:33pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 7:29pm
He's stalling his own career if so. It's like a worse version of Coleman not making the most of his form at Everton when he was the best right back in the league.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 7:27pm
Only being mentioned by one clickbait twitter page tbf.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 7:11pm
Set to sign a 2 year deal with Derby apparently 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 7:03pm
We have enough cover at RB, what we really.dont have is attacking creative midfielders. That where we need knight to be playing 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 7:01pm
Still playing RB and I doubt they'll bring in another RB since he's playing well there. Half a season there won't be the end of the world and might be a plus for the international team with him now showing he can do a job at RWB like Browne showed he could back in June
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Good to see. Is he still at right back?

According to the different line ups I seen he is. 
Looks like he is staying at Derby until the next transfer window too.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 6:04pm
Good to see. Is he still at right back?
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 10:37pm
Knight's goal around the 1.35 minute mark
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 10:50pm
Can't see him moving until January. When all the talk was Derby needed to sell to raise funds to see the season out they held off on selling Knight.

They'd probably get about £2m in compensation if he moves to an English. They'd be in no rush to sell him cheap just yet and clubs can wait a few months and try get him for £2m in Jan than £5m now.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Still staying at Derby? 

There's 2 and a half weeks till the window closes, Derby don't look that great even league 1. 

He might stay till January to see where Derby are in the league with a view to be back in the championship next year.

Cant remember when he signed his last Derby contract

contract up at end of this season per transfermarkt
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Still staying at Derby? 

There's 2 and a half weeks till the window closes, Derby don't look that great even league 1. 

He might stay till January to see where Derby are in the league with a view to be back in the championship next year.

Cant remember when he signed his last Derby contract
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 59>
  Share Topic