Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 11:16am
Ryan’s best position is as an attacking midfielder on the left or through the middle . He’s had to play left back due to injuries and is now playing lwb and has done brilliantly this season . 
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Been a bit of hype about Manning recently but based on the games I've seen him in he isn't anywhere close to being an international standard left back. Maybe he's better further up the field but he's not playing there this season so impossible to judge.

I'd say Masterson will be back playing LOI in a year or two. Was big for his age as a youth so looked good at his age group but the likes of O'Shea and Collins have pushed well ahead of him now. It's a shame because he looked like a talent but he's very unlikely to make the grade as a senior professional. 

You clearly don't have a clue about Masterson so; he was never a physically dominant defender, always stood out for his skill. If anything, it's his physicality that needs to be improved.

No that's not right, he was very big for his age in his early teens. However these things often even out as players develop and others have caught up with him and passed him out physically as he got older. So for that reason the second part of your comment is actually correct - because he has since fallen behind he really does now need to develop physically to catch up again if he's to have a chance of making it. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:41pm
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:03pm
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-duo-reject-initial-offers-but-look-likely-to-sign-new-deals

Wonder how genuine the interest from the PL is. If it’s real, not sure why he’s extend with QPR
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-duo-reject-initial-offers-but-look-likely-to-sign-new-deals

Wonder how genuine the interest from the PL is. If it’s real, not sure why he’s extend with QPR

Why not?

He's only 23 and playing week in week out in The Championship which will get him international recognition (one will think when Kenny takes over)!

The Premiership shouldn't be the holy grail for young professionals, graft hard at a lower level and become a top player in your respective division and then make the jump when you're ready is the right way to do it.

I think Manning has a bit to go and improve areas of his game to go and make the step up and slot into a starting 11 in the Premiership imo.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:45pm
Ryan is no fool got a very good head on him stayed in Ireland did his leaving and has enough points to do anything he wants if he wants a career outside of soccer when he’s finished.

He’s been in Qpr for 5 yrs and has played over 90 championship games counting his loan spell at Rotherham last season and has played every minute of every game this season with Qpr.  This is a big decision for him and he knows that hence why he’s taking his time.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 11:06am

Ryan is no fool got a very good head on him stayed in Ireland did his leaving and has enough points to do anything he wants if he wants a career outside of soccer when he’s finished.

He’s been in Qpr for 5 yrs and has played over 90 championship games counting his loan spell at Rotherham last season and has played every minute of every game this season with Qpr.  This is a big decision for him and he knows that hence why he’s taking his time.

A bit of a naive way of looking at the points system in Ireland. A lot more than just doing the leaving and suddenly you can do anything you want career wise . 

AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 11:44am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Pay rise - And should he move up a level he can look for a further pay rise.

Pro football is all about money in the here and now. One bad injury and its over...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 3:36pm
Dropped to the bench for qpr for the first time this season. Lack of form, rested  or a move looming?

Edited by Left foot - 01 Jan 2020 at 3:36pm
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 3:39pm
Reports this morning suggested he's rejected a contract offer 

Edited by Andrew00 - 01 Jan 2020 at 3:41pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

Reports this morning suggested he's rejected a contract offer 

Maybe he will go to Wolves after all 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 3:53pm
Groin strain as gufct was a bit too rough :)
AKA pedantic kunt
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Groin strain as gufct was a bit too rough :)

A bit over enthusiastic you mean
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:06pm
rumour has it signing for Southampton in the near future.only game he hasn’t started in 30.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:12pm
He's played every minute of this season with the exception of today. 

I've only watched him play a few times and he's good with the ball but playing left back I wasnt convinced he was that good? 

He does put quality on his passes and has a good few assists to his name, is he looking to play midfield in the long term?

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:19pm
he can play the 10 role as anywhere across the middle good in the air too got a lot of goals for gufc.

Edited by gufct - 01 Jan 2020 at 4:20pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:26pm

rumour has it signing for Southampton in the near future.only game he hasn’t started in 30.

Where did you hear that 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 33>
  Share Topic