You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Éire v Switzerland 05.09.19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 56>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:17pm
Robinson off with an injury? Anyone see what happened?
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:20pm
f**k sake.

Hamstring injury. That’s him out for Swiss game anyway. 

Edited by Maccatacca - 18 Aug 2019 at 3:23pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:36pm
Gives Obafemi and Troy more of a chance of sticking around if that is the case.

We are cursed for injuries. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:39pm
Didn't look too bad going off. Wouldn't rule him out yet.

Nasty challenge on McCarthy as well, he was down injured for a minute but looks OK now. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Let's be honest, Robinson being out would just mean McClean or Brady (or some other pragmatic) choice moves into contention. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:48pm
i wouldnt call that being pragmatic. Maybe realistic.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Let's be honest, Robinson being out would just mean McClean or Brady (or some other pragmatic) choice moves into contention. 

Spot on 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:59pm
If John Egan can keep up the level of performances shown over the first two games then he should come in for Keogh I think. 

johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:59pm
Robinson walking around the pitch fine after the game, if that means anything
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

If John Egan can keep up the level of performances shown over the first two games then he should come in for Keogh I think. 

Ya PL defender over a championship defender. Makes sense.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:09pm
We've obviously got problems with fitness and some players not getting regular game time.

But on the flip side Shaqiri hasn't played a minute of football yet this season, lets hope that continues for the next 3 weeks.

Good to see James McCarthy back on the pitch today, seemed he was full of energy and put himself about a good bit.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:35pm

We've obviously got problems with fitness and some players not getting regular game time.

But on the flip side Shaqiri hasn't played a minute of football yet this season, lets hope that continues for the next 3 weeks.

Good to see James McCarthy back on the pitch today, seemed he was full of energy and put himself about a good bit.

On a positive note - I think McCarthy has enough about him to displace Adros Townsend to be honest.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Tbf to Keogh he's done absolutely nothing wrong for us since Mick came in. He's also got a couple of other edges over Egan; the first being that he plays in a back 4 rather than 5 which is how we play, and the second being that he's more comfortable on the ball which is necessary when you've got Duffy beside you.
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Tbf to Keogh he's done absolutely nothing wrong for us since Mick came in. He's also got a couple of other edges over Egan; the first being that he plays in a back 4 rather than 5 which is how we play, and the second being that he's more comfortable on the ball which is necessary when you've got Duffy beside you.

True. I'm not sure why but I always feel like there is a mistake in Keogh, even though I don't think he's ever really had any major f**k-ups.

Egan has looked decent so far this season, if he can keep it up he'll give Mick a difficult choice to make.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 5:59pm
A few more difficult decisions to make for Mick would be very welcome indeed.

Edited by Left foot - 18 Aug 2019 at 5:59pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 6:46pm
Robinson's injury 'not serious' according to his own Instagram.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 7:17pm
Would it be beyond the pale to consider all the republic of Sheffield players to start for Ireland vs the swiss if they continue to deliver as they have in the last two games?

I think mcgoldrick will start for sure, very likely robinson (as his injury might not be so bad) will get the nod too.

Steven's and Egan have been solid so far, and both first teamers in the premier league.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 9:00pm
I don't think Egan will start. I'd say it will be Duffy and Keogh.

Robinson, would have had a good chance to start considering Brady is injured.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 56>
  Share Topic