You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fans games, Georgia game, details Page 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 4:13pm
Bollocks, wasn't planning to take any green jerseys over with me
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Sponsored Links

King Neymar View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 8:04pm
Georgia game is at 5pm on Oct 11 at the national team training pitch, will post the address in a bit when get on the laptop.

Swiss game is at 4pm and is a 15min walk (or can get the bus) from the main stadium. Cans and fans welcome. Need to get the full address but we've a choice of grass or astro so asked for the grass pitch. I'm assuming from the description Stade de la Fontenette could be the actual site as from Google maps it has an astro and grass pitch. 
He loves the kids, he brings the gear, thinks he's Mother Theresa this year.....
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Bollocks, wasn't planning to take any green jerseys over with me
Aren't you lucky I reminded you 
He loves the kids, he brings the gear, thinks he's Mother Theresa this year.....
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by King Neymar King Neymar wrote:

Just heard back from the Swiss, game is provisionally set for 4pm near to the stadium, waiting on full confirmation of ko time and location but that's what their plan is currently.

Regards kit, no won't be any in Tbilisi as I've a few connections to take and not paying 120 or whatever it will be for the 3 flights to put a bag in the hold so just green jersey, white shorts, green socks if possible but at least ensure the jersey is green. 

If Drog wants to bring the kit for the Swiss game then perfect. 

Don't mind throwing in a few quid to pay for kit to be brought over to Georgia.

Or we could ask our lovely friends in abbotstown if they will bring it on the team charter.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 9:22pm
is it the place we played Georgia previously neymar? No harm asking the fai... might be more open to being sound to the fans now!
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 7:48am
This could be a game to savour, can ye pop up the location of where its being played lads?

May be worth popping out to see some of the old heads strut their stuff again.. Podge, GuF10 and BoyZ Clap

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:09am

Georgia game is at 5pm on Oct 11 at the national team training pitch, will post the address in a bit when get on the laptop.

Swiss game is at 4pm and is a 15min walk (or can get the bus) from the main stadium. Cans and fans welcome. Need to get the full address but we've a choice of grass or astro so asked for the grass pitch. I'm assuming from the description Stade de la Fontenette could be the actual site as from Google maps it has an astro and grass pitch. 

Will the Georgia game be on an astro pitch?

Would it not be better to play the Swiss game on the astro as will have to bring proper boots otherwise?
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:10am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

This could be a game to savour, can ye pop up the location of where its being played lads?

May be worth popping out to see some of the old heads strut their stuff again.. Podge, GuF10 and BoyZ Clap

You not coming out of retirement?

We need a winger with good diving skills to win a penalty or 2!
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:03pm
Got a +1 for Switz fans game
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:16pm
I'd be up for this as well now that the provisional date & ko time are known. 

Just thinking actually, @King Neymar - would you be as well to set up separate threads for lists of players for each game?  Having everything for both games in 1 thread is just going to get messy imo.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:07pm
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Vake-Saburtalo,+Tbilisi,+Georgia/@41.8083259,44.7688598,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4044723a1f33e85f:0x1f87d993055e82b1!8m2!3d41.7686342!4d44.7403282
This is the location of the pitch.

Note, if you google Vake-Saburtalo football pitch it takes you too an old disused stadium so make sure you are heading to the above link, its beside a university and I'll post the exact address in a bit.

Taxi from freedom square should be 15 Lari but the plan will be to meet up around the Hangar Bar area for 3pm and then get everyone in a taxi by 3.30pm as although google says 25mins we know by now rush hour traffic in Tbilisi can be nuts so leaving at 3.30pm should have us all their by 4.15 at the worst hopefully. Taxi's will be ordered for us (players and fans) after the game etc
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Will the Georgia game be on an astro pitch?

Would it not be better to play the Swiss game on the astro as will have to bring proper boots otherwise?

Georgia game will be played on grass but I usually just wear the astro's on their grass pitch as the ground is usually rock hard anyway.
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:14pm
Also, as stated the Georgia game will be bring your own kit unless someone can get it over there and get it back home in one piece and take full responsibility for costs etc to replace any of it if it goes missing.
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:18pm
1, Boy Z
2, Guf
3, Bronze
4, MJD
5 Walls
6 Greenarmy
7 Linzark
8 AKOT 
9 Craiglen
10 Jamie 
11 Moeszlak
12. Colm
13 Anon
14 Anon

Interested but not yet confirmed
Podge
MisterT
Anon

Solid enough team so far, folk can still put their name down but will need confirmation by Monday if you are definitely playing or not.

Edited by King Neymar - 01 Oct 2019 at 8:22pm
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:36pm

1, Boy Z
2, Guf
3, Bronze
4, MJD
5 Walls
6 Greenarmy
7 Linzark
8 AKOT 
9 Craiglen
10 Jamie 
11 Moeszlak
12. Colm
13 Anon
14 Anon

Podge
MisterT
Anon

Solid enough team so far, folk can still put their name down but will need confirmation by Monday if you are definitely playing or not.

Think I'll give it a miss lads, only getting in late Thursday night/Friday AM and I want to have a bit of time around Tbilisi.  Plus I'm 42, unfit and useless. Big smile
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

1, Boy Z
2, Guf
3, Bronze
4, MJD
5 Walls
6 Greenarmy
7 Linzark
8 AKOT 
9 Craiglen
10 Jamie 
11 Moeszlak
12. Colm
13 Anon
14 Anon

Podge
MisterT
Anon

Think I'll give it a miss lads, only getting in late Thursday night/Friday AM and I want to have a bit of time around Tbilisi.  Plus I'm 42, unfit and useless. Big smile
Yes you tick all the boxes for selection 😂
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:48pm
Am thinking I also tick all the boxes for selection for this one!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 3:26pm

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Vake-Saburtalo,+Tbilisi,+Georgia/@41.8083259,44.7688598,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4044723a1f33e85f:0x1f87d993055e82b1!8m2!3d41.7686342!4d44.7403282
This is the location of the pitch.

Note, if you google Vake-Saburtalo football pitch it takes you too an old disused stadium so make sure you are heading to the above link, its beside a university and I'll post the exact address in a bit.

Taxi from freedom square should be 15 Lari but the plan will be to meet up around the Hangar Bar area for 3pm and then get everyone in a taxi by 3.30pm as although google says 25mins we know by now rush hour traffic in Tbilisi can be nuts so leaving at 3.30pm should have us all their by 4.15 at the worst hopefully. Taxi's will be ordered for us (players and fans) after the game etc

That map just links through to a massive area KN

Edited by nvidic - 02 Oct 2019 at 3:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic