You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe Hodge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 9:11pm
Frustrating he’s pulled his hammy a few minutes ago. More annoying in the sense Wolves might feel completely compelled to sign a midfielder now. Unfortunate he misses the U21 games but we have a few options to help cover for him not least Adeeko who has emerged for Wigan.

They might have winged it with Lemina,Gomes,Traore,Hodge which would have potentially led to gametime. 
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 9:12pm
Joe Hodge the new Richie Partritge. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 9:58pm
What is it with the EIRE boys?  Its like they are made of glass.  Do Engerlands jungsters get injured so much?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 11:46pm
Unfortunate for Hodge and for our U21s, maybe Lawal will be moved in to midfield and Negru brought in. Alternatively Adeeko in as a straight swap. Hopefully it's not a bad one.
Idah Dream!
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 7:25pm
In the Wolves squad for tonight. Is this his first comeback since the injury?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 10:19pm
First I’ve seen of it. Good that he’s back. Outstanding young midfielder who has had a lot of unfortunate injury problems.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 12:12am

Hodge looking to head out on loan this window

Meanwhile his U-21 teammate Joe Hodge admits he needs to get out of Wolves, on loan, to see his career go further. Hodge has played just once for Wolves this season, back in August and like Coventry was frustrated to be an unused sub in last week’s FA Cup third round action.

"I need to get myself back on my feet as things have not fallen my way due to injuries," said Hodge, who is under contract at Molineux until 2027..

“I want to go out on loan. I am speaking to people and I am waiting to see what comes up and what options I have. I want to play as high as I can. I definitely want to get out there as soon as soon as I can. Obviously I want to play football and hopefully something will happen."

Edited by Bandwagon - 12 Jan 2024 at 12:13am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Hodge looking to head out on loan this window

Meanwhile his U-21 teammate Joe Hodge admits he needs to get out of Wolves, on loan, to see his career go further. Hodge has played just once for Wolves this season, back in August and like Coventry was frustrated to be an unused sub in last week’s FA Cup third round action.

"I need to get myself back on my feet as things have not fallen my way due to injuries," said Hodge, who is under contract at Molineux until 2027..

“I want to go out on loan. I am speaking to people and I am waiting to see what comes up and what options I have. I want to play as high as I can. I definitely want to get out there as soon as soon as I can. Obviously I want to play football and hopefully something will happen."

That’s the attitude all of our players should have.  Never understand players who like sitting on the bench at a high level but never play.  Esp the younger players. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 10:07am
Hodge comes across as a proper professional.
Would love him to make it at the highest level and has shown glimpses of his abilities between lengthy injuries.
Could be the story of his career, which would be a shame.
I'm holding out hope he can get some momentum going, both for club and for us.

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 10:32am
Can't believe he's only 21, seems like he's been around for a long time.

Has to go on loan to the Championship or L1 and get half a season of football under his belt, something he hasn't had in his career due to injuries. Still have high hopes for him
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 6:34pm
Starts tonight vs Brentford along with Doherty presumably at LWB.

Edited by SC92 - 16 Jan 2024 at 6:34pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Nathan Fraser on the bench for Wolves also.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Surely Doherty or Semedo are playing there?
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 8:38pm
He means Doherty is at left wing back 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 8:42pm
Completely missed that LOL

How’s Hodge getting on?
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 4:42am
I didn't find any reports that talked about Hodge's game directly but I'd say he played okay. Was subbed on 70 minutes.
Here's a bit from a local Birmingham paper:

Wolves were in complete control of the game after the opening 10 minutes. They dominated possession and were looking for a way through a stubborn Brentford defence.

The report says the same thing about Wolves being in control later in the game, so the midfield must have been playing alright.

Edited by Bukowski - 17 Jan 2024 at 4:42am
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Psalms9210 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psalms9210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 12:25pm
Player ratings from the Express and Starfor Doherty and Hodge:

Matt Doherty - 7

Doherty may have been Wolves' best player in the first half but was sacrificed in the second half to bring Neto on. He looked set for a big performance and got into very good attacking areas.

Joe Hodge - 7

Considering his long lay-off, Hodge held his own. He looked after the ball well, played simple but effective passes and broke forward into spaces.

foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 9:20pm
The little i have seen of Hodge he looks a far better midfielder than Cullen . He can actually get turned on the ball and play a forward pass which is more than Cullen can do .

The only problem i see with him is his size . Hodge is only 5'6 and is very weak .

The way it is unless your a Scholes or a Silva you wont get game time in the premier league if your a small guy.

I hope Hodge gets a loan to the championship where he can get some game time to develop his game .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940>
  Share Topic