You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions league 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 60>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 6:16am
City will struggle tonight IMO, far from a given that they'll go through.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 6:34am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

PSG had the chances to score 4 or 5 tonight

Very wasteful

worthy winners over the two legs 

Neymar should have scored just before Bayern did.

Over the two legs, Bayern were the better team IMO. They had more of the ball and created the better chances.
PSG were just more clinical. 

It’s very hard to call a winner for this champions league. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:27am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

City will struggle tonight IMO, far from a given that they'll go through.

+1
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:41am
I did think PSG closed the game out very well as BM ran out of ideas in the end .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I did think PSG closed the game out very well as BM ran out of ideas in the end .

Far too much tippy tappy 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Far too much tippy tappy 😀😀😀
Ahhhhhhh but with players who know how to play Tippy Tappy is a major plus Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 12:29pm
Psg should have won last night just like Bayern did last week. 
Pochettino is using the players he has as a counter attacking team and giving up lots of chances, he has far better players than to play like that though. But they are into the semi finals all the same and with Mbappe's pace they might just get away with it.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 12:30pm
An early Liverpool would make the tie interesting but I can't remember the last time they have scored early in a game. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 1:51pm
Under normal circumstances I’d fancy Liverpool to do it tonight. There’s something about Anfield on European nights. So many times they’ve turned around these types of scenarios. I just cannot see it happening tonight. That emotional factor that drives Liverpool won’t be there.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 2:02pm
Agreed
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 2:30pm
Unfortunately I also feel the same. We will go out on a whimper tonight I feel in what has been a write off year since covid started. 

Since football without fans restarted it has been such a big let down (not helped by Liverpool and Ireland's terrible form!). even Liverpool lifting the title in an empty stadium didnt feel me with much joy, haven't rematch it since (compared with looking back over Barcelona and spurs matches a few times in between).

Can't wait until fans are back
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 4:17pm
Yeah, will make for much better television then.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yeah, will make for much better television then.

Now you mention it...

(From September 2017)
"La Liga have handed out a fine to Celta Vigo for their low attendances at the start of the season.

The club have recorded crowds of just 16,961 and 17,384 in their first two home matches so far at Balaídos Stadium, which has a 29,000 capacity.

The league rules that clubs have to fill a minimum requirement of 70 per cent of their grounds. As their numbers have fallen below that line, the authorities have decided to punish them.

The regulations came into effect this season that demanded sections of grounds which appear prominently on television must be fully populated by fans."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/20/celta-vigo-fined-la-liga-low-attendances/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/19/la-liga-clubs-to-be-fined-if-empty-seats-appear-on-television/

I guess the rationale is that if local supporters of a club can't be bothered to go to the match, why should people elsewhere bother with it on TV, at least if they have to pay for the privilege?

Edited by Territorial - 14 Apr 2021 at 5:00pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:23pm
Don't think City will struggle that much tonight. I expect them to go through with at least one away goal. 

The lack of crowd for Liverpool is a huge factor but it would be silly to write them off. Madrid may need to score an away goal just to give them more of a cushion.

I think whoever scores first in both games tonight will probably go through. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:38pm
Good performance by City tonight. With the league won they have a great chance of winning this now. 

They can rest players before the semi finals which PSG can’t. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:39pm
De Bruyne is different class!

Foden and Bellingham excellent too, they should both start for England.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:42pm
Better from Liverpool but again just lacking that cutting edge we have seen in previous seasons. With real sitting in now, can't see us scoring. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Apr 2021 at 9:43pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:43pm
Yeah hadn't seen much f Bellingham but he looks very impressive. Can't believe he's only 17. 

City were lucky with the penalty, but in truth never really looked to be going out. They were knocking on the door even before that.

Looking forward to City/PSG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 60>
  Share Topic