You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions league 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 60>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 11:40am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

From Liverpool perspective this would be my order of preference:

Porto
Real
PSG
Dortmund
Bayern
Chelsea
City 

LOL

What was so funny about that. Happy with real. Actually draw couldn't have gone any better really

The fact you would be happier to play Bayern or PSG over Chelsea.

Ok that wasn't clear. I just don't fancy the English sides at this stage given liverpool's current form and Chelsea and city's current form. We have done well against European sides
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 11:44am
Would say Chelsea have a great chance of getting to the final 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 11:46am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Would say Chelsea have a great chance of getting to the final 

I wonder are the English pundits still of the opinion that Lampard should have got more time?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 11:47am
Man City v Bayern over 2 legs would be a great match up. 

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He clipped him with both legs, one outside the box and one on the line. Think the rule is if the foul continues into the box its still a penalty
Although i'm not watching the game and wouldn't deny that Real are getting the decisions

Real playing at that ground makes matches during the pandemic look even more like training games IMO

Unbelievable that UEFA will allow European games to be played at a training ground, considering the lengths they go to force other clubs out of their home venues, if there is so much as a light bulb missing.

The foul was in the box, so the penalty decision was correct. The red card in the first leg was correct. Atalanta can't complain about the decisions against them. They reached the quarter finals last year, Leipzig reached the semis. Neither will make it that far this year as they didn't win their group, and you usually don't get past this round when you don't. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Man City v Bayern over 2 legs would be a great match up. 
Yes looking forward to this, if it happens.

Pep has unfinished business with Munich in CL.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:52am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:40am
Down to the business end of the competition and they want to make a league where there'll be loads of dead rubber games before it gets to the knock outs. The current format has it's flaws but the new proposals are sh*te  
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:34am
Fancy Liverpool tonight, 8/5

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:15pm
it’s a pity both games are on the same time, would like to watch both of them. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Down to the business end of the competition and they want to make a league where there'll be loads of dead rubber games before it gets to the knock outs. The current format has it's flaws but the new proposals are sh*te  
Agree. If the new proposals go through, I won’t watch it anymore. I’d hope there’ll be some sort of fans boycott throughout Europe. The group stage in its current format is not half as bad as some people make out.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

it’s a pity both games are on the same time, would like to watch both of them. 

I'll be watching Brentford v Birmingham ("proper football" lol), which kicks off at 7 pm.

Though I might tune in to the 2nd half of whichever of the 2 x CL games looks most promising.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Fancy Liverpool tonight, 8/5

Varane is out with covid and no Ramos either. A Liverpool win is what I'd back as well  
It would damage this forums' reputation
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Absolutely. Modern top level football is dying in interest for me, this will completely kill it!  Wouldn't bother with the matches tonight if I was in Dublin, absolutely nothing to do in the home house in Donegal so might stick it on
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 6:57pm
I didn't realise this was on tonight, but I just had a look who was left in it and only Porto are a surprise. The group stage might not be as bad as I think, but there's no point when you know who gets through. I didn't even bother watching Celtic the last time they qualified. Football is about romance and the chance of the unpredictable and that has been totally removed from the worst named trophy in sport. It is absolutely mental that these teams don't think they have carved the sport up enough, but it is all about greed and no interest in the game at all.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:03pm
would echo all those sentiments about the new format but the knockout stages just can’t be ignored especially this stage ,have been some absolutely cracking ties the last few years .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

would echo all those sentiments about the new format but the knockout stages just can’t be ignored especially this stage ,have been some absolutely cracking ties the last few years .
Soulless though. I just can't get excited about football like that. I was bored rigid the last CL game I want, which I think was Liverpool vs Barcelona and the wankfest that followed it.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:41pm
Shocking referee decision to give a foul against Bellingham.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 60>
  Share Topic