You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019/2020 English League Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 2:55pm
Strange Liverpool only got one penalty  in the 90 mins, especially that they were behind 
Sponsored Links

jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Strange Liverpool only got one penalty  in the 90 mins, especially that they were behind 

OK, I'll bite.

It was hard to tell after 3 replays whether it was a pen or not, but I support Arsenal myself, we got an offside goal, and a handball minutes before the pen was actually given. 

Decisions were kinder to Arsenal than Liverpool.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 4:36pm
quotes from Tommy Doyle after his debut on Tuesday night 

"At the end, Shane Long spoke to me. He said ' Do you have any Irish in you?' because of my last name, Doyle.

To hear that from someone who has been in the game a massive time, and got a load of international caps - it means something to me!"

Long doing a bit of recruiting 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 5:26pm
Or chatting up, it can be used both ways.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Would you like a bit more Irish in you ?
As Phil Lynnott used to say to the girls.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Would you like a bit more Irish in you ?
As Phil Lynnott used to say to the girls.

Cool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:11pm
Sky are showing the Oxford v Man City live quarter final on Wednesday December 18.

They will also be showing the Aston Villa v Liverpool tie but there is no date for that yet?

Edited by Double Maxim - 05 Nov 2019 at 3:11pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 8:51pm
I see Liverpool have been told they have to play the League Cup QF the same week as the World Club Championship in the middle east.

Tuesday 7:45 V Aston Villa
Wednesday 5:30 V TBC in Qatar

Interesting to see how this plays out
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 2:37pm
Hah. Jokeshop. How will that play with this rule?

"Each Club shall play its full available strength in and during all Cup Competition matches, unless some satisfactory reason is given. The Board will from time to time issue a policy as to what constitutes 'full available strength'. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Management Committee shall have power to impose such penalties as they shall think fit."

Hmmm. Seriously though, will they play a really weak team in the League Cup or will they play two half strength teams? Hard to know. Also, I wonder will Klopp be at both games, and what happens to the players who stay behind and play the League Cup game, whether they fly out to Qatar or not.

All very messy.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:51pm
I will be shocked if it isn't essentially the real reserves plus the under 18s playing against Villa. It was a huge mistake to win that penalty shootout against Arsenal. Klopp badly wanted out of the league cup I presume. The thought of having to play 2 possibly very demanding semi finals as well of the back of a huge Christmas period was something he badly wanted avoid.

They are effectively letting Liverpool throw the game while keeping them in the competition. It's a sh*t show for the league cup but it's a great outcome for Liverpool. I'd be surprised if Klopp is there, but maybe he will stay around to keep the pretence up that this game means anything to Liverpool.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 11:10pm
I think he will stick with the same league cup side (I.e. the youths and people like Kieta, Milner, lallana and origi). Then these senior senior players would travel for the final. It’s probably some sh*t team in the semi anyway and don’t need the full team. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think he will stick with the same league cup side (I.e. the youths and people like Kieta, Milner, lallana and origi). Then these senior senior players would travel for the final. It’s probably some sh*t team in the semi anyway and don’t need the full team. 

Would genuinely be shocked if any of those senior players are left behind for the league cup. I think the strongest 18-20 players will definitely travel to Qatar and play no part in the league cup game.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:25am
Below is the team that played the last League Cup game, and the United League Game. There's only 6 that will be missing from the last League Cup team. Probably Kelleher who will end up staying home. Maybe Gomez

League Cup Team (V Arsenal) Kelleher, Williams, Gomez, van den Berg, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Keita, Elliott, Brewster, Origi
Subs: Adrian, Jones, Kane, Larouci, Chirivella, Clarkson, Kourmetio

First Team (V Man U): Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Firmino, Origi.
Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I will be shocked if it isn't essentially the real reserves plus the under 18s playing against Villa. It was a huge mistake to win that penalty shootout against Arsenal. Klopp badly wanted out of the league cup I presume. The thought of having to play 2 possibly very demanding semi finals as well of the back of a huge Christmas period was something he badly wanted avoid.

They are effectively letting Liverpool throw the game while keeping them in the competition. It's a sh*t show for the league cup but it's a great outcome for Liverpool. I'd be surprised if Klopp is there, but maybe he will stay around to keep the pretence up that this game means anything to Liverpool.

It's a great opportunity to give fringe, reserve and youth players an opportunity to play senior football.

And it still makes no difference with 2 games in 2 days as he will continue to play fringe, reserve and youth players against Villa with the senior players playing the other game.

So saying Klopp doesn't want to win the game or wanted out is incorrect.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:59am
Klopp had no interest in winning the game last week against Arsenal I believe

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

It's a great opportunity to give fringe, reserve and youth players an opportunity to play senior football.

And it still makes no difference with 2 games in 2 days as he will continue to play fringe, reserve and youth players against Villa with the senior players playing the other game.

So saying Klopp doesn't want to win the game or wanted out is incorrect.

Don't disagree that it's a great chance to give fringe and younger players a chance to play. With the World Club Cup this season, the timing of the QF and SF of the league cup are absolutely disastrous. The last thing Klopp wants is to face those 2 semi final games on in January on the back of a ridiculous December schedule with fixtures and travel. He would have been more than happy to go out vs Arsenal I believe.

On the squad selection for the League Cup game, I will be amazed if the likes of Gomez plays the Villa game. Brewster, Jones, Elliot, and lads with even less first team exposure will make up the team. The World Club Cup is the focus then, most definitely not the league cup. Liverpool are effectively being allowed to throw the league cup game and that's what they'll rightly do by playing a kids selection.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 7:12pm
I thought you got fined  for playing weakened sides in cup games

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 Nov 2019 at 7:12pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I thought you got fined  for playing weakened sides in cup games

They'd be fining almost every side then though wouldn't they? From top of the PL to bottom of League 2, teams are consistently playing weaker teams in the League Cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic