Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57053
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 2:02am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2019/2020 English League Cup
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: 2019/2020 English League Cup
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 1:28pm
The First Round draw is taking place this Thursday at 19.00 in a Morrison's store in London.
More reasons?
Wink 

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 7:21pm
Leicester to win it.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Leicester to win it.

MON doing a tremendous job there

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Leicester to win it.

MON doing a tremendous job there

Has a chance of getting the Celtic job at some stage I reckon

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:36pm
Wimbledon drawn against the Franchise in Round 1 Shocked

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:48pm

First-round draw in full

Northern section

• Tranmere Rovers v Hull City
  • Grimsby Town v Doncaster Rovers
  • Wigan Athletic v Stoke City
  • Port Vale v Burton Albion
  • Nottingham Forest v Fleetwood Town
  • Bradford City v Preston North End
  • Blackpool v Macclesfield Town
  • Blackburn Rovers v Oldham Athletic
  • Mansfield Town v Morecambe
  • Accrington Stanley v Sunderland
  • S****horpe United v Derby County
  • Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers
  • Huddersfield Town v Lincoln City
  • Middlesbrough v Crewe Alexandra
  • Shrewsbury Town v Rotherham United
  • Sheffield Wednesday v Bury
  • Salford City v Leeds United
  • Barnsley v Carlisle United

Southern section

• Colchester United v Swindon Town
  • AFC Wimbledon v Milton Keynes Dons
  • Oxford United v Peterborough United
  • QPR v Bristol City
  • Plymouth Argyle v Leyton Orient
  • Wycombe Wanderers v Reading
  • Charlton Athletic v Forest Green Rovers
  • Gillingham v Newport County
  • Stevenage v Southend United
  • Luton Town v Ipswich Town
  • Walsall v Crawley Town
  • Bristol Rovers v Cheltenham Town
  • Brentford v Cambridge United
  • Coventry City v Exeter City
  • Swansea City v Northampton Town
  • West Bromwich Albion v Millwall
  • Portsmouth v Birmingham City

Ties to played week commencing 12 August

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wimbledon drawn against the Franchise in Round 1 Shocked

Mon the Wombles.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 6:21am

League Cup games live on sky

Tuesday 6th August 2019

Portsmouth v Birmingham City
League Cup 1st Round
19:45
Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
Tuesday 13 th August 2019

Salford City v Leeds United
League Cup 1st Round
19:45
Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 7:41pm
Come on Brum.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:25pm
Richie Towell starts for Salford in the live sky game v Leeds.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:42am
Cambridge have a squad of about 12 players and still ‘rested’ a half dozen last night, in their third game of the season, to play Brentford’s second team. At least it was only a fiver in for those that travelled, but when you have teams doing that it is time to call it a day. Nobody wants to play in the cups so scrap them. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:48am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Cambridge have a squad of about 12 players and still ‘rested’ a half dozen last night, in their third game of the season, to play Brentford’s second team. At least it was only a fiver in for those that travelled, but when you have teams doing that it is time to call it a day. Nobody wants to play in the cups so scrap them. 
At least for bigger squads it gives fringe players and young lads a valuable run out. Probably a better chance to get a run to the latter stages compared to the Fa cup. It has merit even if its not the most exciting for fans

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:54am
Just have one cup and insist on six changes at least from the previous league game and charge no more than a tenner in. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: killer kilbane
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:03am
As regards the FA Cup the winners should be guaranteed champions league instead of fourth in the league 

-------------
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
can't fault either of the last two suggestions.  Are you saying no more than 6 changes PM or have I taken you up wrong?

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

can't fault either of the last two suggestions.  Are you saying no more than 6 changes PM or have I taken you up wrong?
Other way. If it is going to be made meaningless it should be formally meaningless. Completely scrap the FA Cup too.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:43pm

Other way. If it is going to be made meaningless it should be formally meaningless. Completely scrap the FA Cup too.

Don't see the point in that.  Let teams take it seriously if they want.  No one is forcing anyone to attend

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:46pm
To be honest,  I am getting closer and closer to not seeing the point in football and that hurts. The game really annoys me now, nearly everything about it.

-------------

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:51pm

Don't see the point in that.  Let teams take it seriously if they want.  No one is forcing anyone to attend

De-values the prestige of the competitions. Both English cups are at an all time low

The League Cup is generally dead since it went to Carabao and on the debut season they managed to tweet the draw before it was taken place - Not suspicious at all!

And the FA cup suffers from fixture congestion from the festive period, no teams want to play strong sides when you’ve just had 5 games in 11 days so the competition depends on a fairytale run or a pie eating fat man on the bench

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:51pm

To be honest,  I am getting closer and closer to not seeing the point in football and that hurts. The game really annoys me now, nearly everything about it.

Top level football is grim alright and that's without getting down to the problems of lower league clubs.  My watching of EPL and especially Champions League has severely diminished in the last few years.  Used to enjoy the lower league football when in England. Good to be able to support the Harps now im back in Ireland.  The sums involved in top level football and the corruption from the leaders both worldwide and domestically makes you wonder what's the point sometimes alright

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:05pm
The FA Cup can easily be fixed as I said already by making it Champions league spot. As for the league Cup I suppose it serves a purpose if only for the smaller clubs to get the opertunity to go to the likes of Old Trafford and give themselves a chance. Also an opertunity to win silverware 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:06pm
I enjoy the community spirit at Cambridge and local non-league here, but seeing Cambridge make six changes to play Brentford reserves is yet another nail in the coffin. Why bother? Is the league that important that nothing else matters than being mid-table in the fourth division? 
I know they won, but where is the satisfaction when the opposition are concentrating on finishing somewhere between 10th and 16th themselves.

I do miss the LOI, but it never felt the same after City died. We also had some monumental weirdos in the support. I know I am an odd **** and we live in a world where you are considered one if you care about LOI/ English lower and non-league football, but it sometimes felt like being at a Wiggum family reunion, with the exception of a few, a couple of whom post on ere occasionally.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

The FA Cup can easily be fixed as I said already by making it Champions league spot. As for the league Cup I suppose it serves a purpose if only for the smaller clubs to get the opertunity to go to the likes of Old Trafford and give themselves a chance. Also an opertunity to win silverware 
An opportunity for who? One of the conglomerates at the top of the tree who don’t really give a f**k about it!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:18pm

With the seeding system in place so that lower league clubs can't be drawn against each other in the 2nd round it's a big ask of them to even get past the 2nd round.

And that they've just already played 3 games in 10 days, most don't give a f**k about the 1st round never mind the 2nd round as PM described Cambridge's lineup.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:19pm
Was thinking more the likes of Birmingham, Bradford and Cardiff who all made the final in the last ten years. You are spot ob big clubs couldn't care less bout it

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:24pm

I enjoy the community spirit at Cambridge and local non-league here, but seeing Cambridge make six changes to play Brentford reserves is yet another nail in the coffin. Why bother? Is the league that important that nothing else matters than being mid-table in the fourth division? 
I know they won, but where is the satisfaction when the opposition are concentrating on finishing somewhere between 10th and 16th themselves.

I do miss the LOI, but it never felt the same after City died. We also had some monumental weirdos in the support. I know I am an odd **** and we live in a world where you are considered one if you care about LOI/ English lower and non-league football, but it sometimes felt like being at a Wiggum family reunion, with the exception of a few, a couple of whom post on ere occasionally.

Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this. 

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:45pm
It appears that some of them are on the BoM these days!

-------------

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:53pm

"You are Victor Meldrew and I claim my five pounds!" (Or should that be "Maldrew"?)

Anyhow, some people enjoy lower- or non-league football because it's closer to the game's roots and not money-obsessed etc.

Others enjoy top-level football because the standard of skill, athleticism and tactical excellence etc is better than it's ever been.

Some people (like me) can enjoy both, each for its respective appeal.

While some people are never happy unless they're moaning about some bloody thing.

Back to you, Vic...

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:03pm

I think you'll find that Brentford's horizons are considerably higher than that, this season at least.

For example, they broke their transfer record three(?) times already this window, whilst holding onto 2 of their 3 star players in the face of PL interest (Benrahma and Watkins) and extracting top dollar from Brighton for Maupay, after turning down a record bid (both ways) from Sheff U.

If nothing else, they'll have a shiny new £100m stadium to move into next season, which they'd just love to host PL football in.

Of course, they're still fairly long odds-against getting up this season, but it certainly won't be for want of trying.

Which concentration on the league at least partly explains their fielding a reserve team last night.

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:04pm
Is this just an English thing or does this happen in the other big leagues - Spain/Italy/Germany etc

I think the cups should remain but with a few changes -

Absolutely no replays - the tie gets decided on the night
The lower placed team always plays at home
Only the final at Wembley 
No VAR

-------------

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:41am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

With the seeding system in place so that lower league clubs can't be drawn against each other in the 2nd round it's a big ask of them to even get past the 2nd round.

And that they've just already played 3 games in 10 days, most don't give a f**k about the 1st round never mind the 2nd round as PM described Cambridge's lineup.

2nd round isn't seeded

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

2nd round isn't seeded

2nd round has been seeded since the first very year of its existence ffs LOL

Rule has been more relaxed from this season onwards though to include the geographical location of the clubs. In other words trying to draw more local derbies to make people 'interested'

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:26am
how have Grimsby drawn Macclesfield then?

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:29am
I take it you absolutely ignored the last part of the post

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 12:07am
First post

"With the seeding system in place so that lower league clubs can't be drawn against each other in the 2nd round"

second post

"its been relaxed from this season onwards"

which is it?

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:30am
Easy win for West Ham tonight or will Newport some of their FA cup form?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:58am
The BBC documentary on Newport was quite enjoyable. It isn’t lovely to see their progress when they were staring oblivion in the face not that long ago. In saying that, no club should be reliant on cup draws or runs to be financially viable.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:04pm
Stoke are 2 0 up at Leeds.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:25pm
2 1 now and all Leeds now according to Clinton Morrison.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:46pm
Crawley have put Norwich out though the Canaries made eleven changes.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 8:33pm
Swansea need to start taking this cup seriously. Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 8:34pm
A tough night in Swansea! That won't do the younger lads much good.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:19pm
Bruno Andrade  race equaliser for Lincoln to make it 2 2 v Everton quality goal.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Bruno Andrade  race equaliser for Lincoln to make it 2 2 v Everton quality goal.
Gimps choked.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:06am
Kind draw for all the big teams....
Means the C teams will be out.

-------------

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:30am
Pompey v Saints tie of the round busy night for the cops akin to hoops/Dublin OriginalsBig smile

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Pompey v Saints tie of the round busy night for the cops akin to hoops/Dublin OriginalsBig smile
Sky have picked it as one of their live games.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 7:38am
Should be a tasty game on the coast tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 1:51pm
Will we have any upsets tonight??

Maybe Saints or Everton to be knocked out.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 1:57pm
The excitement is really getting to me...

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 9:43pm

Leicester to win it.
Not a bad shout they won 4 0 tonight.

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Will we have any upsets tonight??

Maybe Saints or Everton to be knocked out.

We might get one tonight. Think United will beat Rochdale

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:58pm
No championship teams in the last 16 for first time ever

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No championship teams in the last 16 for first time ever
Unbelievable Jeff.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 8:05am
How old is the Championship though? They keep changing the f**king names! 

Just saw the West Ham score! LOLLOL Someone’s getting a sl*gging in work today.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 8:08am

Does it include the old second division too?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 8:14am
That’s the confusion with these ridiculous names! Back to the four divisions and share the money equally...

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:46am

Does it include the old second division too?

I'm not sure
Colin Murray just said it on the highlights show last night on Quest.
He said championship

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 8:06am
EPL investigating whether Liverpool fielded an ineligible player against MK Dons on Wednesday night.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 8:15am

EPL investigating whether Liverpool fielded an ineligible player against MK Dons on Wednesday night.

Did they play a first team player?? That not allowed anymore.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 9:31am
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:15pm
Liverpool still in the League Cup they have been fined £200,000.

-------------

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:37pm
Is that more than the prize money for winning it ?

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:38pm
I'd say Liverpool are raging they weren't thrown out of it

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Is that more than the prize money for winning it ?

Double it, I think!

-------------

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:44pm
So for the rest of the competition 
'Sponsored by Liverpool'

Posted By: AonSceal19
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:50pm
Sky Sports probably threatened the Football League not to kick them out 😂. Liverpool vs Arsenal is good for the viewing figures in a drab competition which rarely garners high figures. I do agree Liverpool probably are sickened they weren’t thrown out😂. France are scrapping the League Cup after this season. England should follow suit.

-------------
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 2:23pm
The league admitted that Liverpool had submitted the request but it hadn't been completed by the league. Surely that's the league's fault and Liverpool being fined is incredibly harsh.

Would have been more than happy for them to be kicked out and Arsenal to lose to someone else but don't get the logic behind it.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 11:02am
In case you haven't read the live tv thread on here.

Both the matches below are live on sky on Wed night

Liverpool v Arsenal
League Cup 4th Round
19:30
Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Chelsea v Man Utd
League Cup 4th Round
20:05
Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 11:21pm
I still think Leicester will win the League Cup.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 12:23am
Phil Foden and Tommy Doyle in central midfield tonight for City, two lifelong fans
Doyle’s grandfathers are Glyn Pardoe and Mike Doyle 

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:27am

Phil Foden and Tommy Doyle in central midfield tonight for City, two lifelong fans
Doyle’s grandfathers are Glyn Pardoe and Mike Doyle 
Tommy Doyle played for Man City U21s against Sunderland in the Checkatrade cup last season he looked a good player.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:51am

I still think Leicester will win the League Cup.

I think City will make it 3 in a row which would be 5 in 7 years.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:25pm
Some game at Anfield 5 5 now penalty shoot out.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:35pm
Some strike from Rashford that.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 10:33pm
it’s time Martinelli got a few league starts for arsenal
Looks some prospect 

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 10:43pm
The Arsenal keeper had probably a worse 90 minutes than Kelleher 

Arsenal couldn’t even beat a Liverpool kids team who probably weren’t bothered if they got knocked out 

Continues to be a better competition than the FA Cup IMO

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 6:20am
League Cup highlights on Quest at 7.00 am this morning.

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 6:31am

Id agree to be honest. 
This round averaged 4 goals per game Clap

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 7:38am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Id agree to be honest. 

Correct, plus the league cup games don't take up a weekend fixture.

Get rid of the FA Cup.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 7:55am

Id agree to be honest. 

Get rid of the FA Cup.
Get rid of both. 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:08am
Quarter final league cup draw.

• Oxford United v Manchester City
  • Manchester United v Colchester
  • Aston Villa v Liverpool
  • Everton v Leicester City

• -------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:20am
    Possible Manchester and Liverpool derbies in semi finals
    Looks a fix 

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:21am

Possible Manchester and Liverpool derbies in semi finals
    Looks a fix 

Must have got the SFA to do it.

Big smile

-------------

Posted By: ncafc87
    Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:26am

Id agree to be honest. 

Get rid of the FA Cup.

Wacko

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:41am
    The midweek games under the lights are far better than FA cup weekends.  Always a groan when I hear its FA Cup 3rd round weekend.

It used to be good but is well past its sell by date. Like A Question of Sport.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 10:04am
    Klopp threatening to pull Liverpool out of the League Cup if the EFL cannot give them an appropriate date for the Villa game

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
    Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 10:52am

Klopp threatening to pull Liverpool out of the League Cup if the EFL cannot give them an appropriate date for the Villa game
    Villa game will have to be the night that the semi final first leg was planned.

Then they've 2 choices:
    1. Make the semi final a one-off
    2. Play the semi final first leg on the following midweek (15th Jan), and hope the winner of Liverpool/Villa don't need a replay in the FA Cup 3rd round

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:43pm
    Originally posted by ncafc87 ncafc87 wrote:

Id agree to be honest. 

Get rid of the FA Cup.

Wacko

The f**ks your problem?

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:04pm
    Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Villa game will have to be the night that the semi final first leg was planned.

Then they've 2 choices:
    1. Make the semi final a one-off
    2. Play the semi final first leg on the following midweek (15th Jan), and hope the winner of Liverpool/Villa don't need a replay in the FA Cup 3rd round

The second choice is probably better. If it comes to it, they even have the midweek set aside for fourth round replays to fit it in (4/5 February) seeing as the final isn't til 1 March.

-------------

Posted By: TRV
    Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 2:55pm
    Strange Liverpool only got one penalty  in the 90 mins, especially that they were behind 

Posted By: jamie2905
    Date Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 3:15pm
    Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Strange Liverpool only got one penalty  in the 90 mins, especially that they were behind 

OK, I'll bite.

It was hard to tell after 3 replays whether it was a pen or not, but I support Arsenal myself, we got an offside goal, and a handball minutes before the pen was actually given. 

Decisions were kinder to Arsenal than Liverpool.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 4:36pm
    quotes from Tommy Doyle after his debut on Tuesday night 

"At the end, Shane Long spoke to me. He said ' Do you have any Irish in you?' because of my last name, Doyle.

To hear that from someone who has been in the game a massive time, and got a load of international caps - it means something to me!"

Long doing a bit of recruiting 

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 5:26pm
    Or chatting up, it can be used both ways.

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
    Date Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 5:35pm

Would you like a bit more Irish in you ?
    As Phil Lynnott used to say to the girls.

-------------
    "Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 5:38pm
    Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Would you like a bit more Irish in you ?
    As Phil Lynnott used to say to the girls.

Cool

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:11pm
    Sky are showing the Oxford v Man City live quarter final on Wednesday December 18.

They will also be showing the Aston Villa v Liverpool tie but there is no date for that yet?

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
    Date Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 8:51pm
    I see Liverpool have been told they have to play the League Cup QF the same week as the World Club Championship in the middle east.

Tuesday 7:45 V Aston Villa
    Wednesday 5:30 V TBC in Qatar

Interesting to see how this plays out

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 2:37pm
    Hah. Jokeshop. How will that play with this rule?

"Each Club shall play its full available strength in and during all Cup Competition matches, unless some satisfactory reason is given. The Board will from time to time issue a policy as to what constitutes 'full available strength'. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Management Committee shall have power to impose such penalties as they shall think fit."

Hmmm. Seriously though, will they play a really weak team in the League Cup or will they play two half strength teams? Hard to know. Also, I wonder will Klopp be at both games, and what happens to the players who stay behind and play the League Cup game, whether they fly out to Qatar or not.

All very messy.

-------------

Posted By: Hans Moleman
    Date Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:51pm
    I will be shocked if it isn't essentially the real reserves plus the under 18s playing against Villa. It was a huge mistake to win that penalty shootout against Arsenal. Klopp badly wanted out of the league cup I presume. The thought of having to play 2 possibly very demanding semi finals as well of the back of a huge Christmas period was something he badly wanted avoid.

They are effectively letting Liverpool throw the game while keeping them in the competition. It's a sh*t show for the league cup but it's a great outcome for Liverpool. I'd be surprised if Klopp is there, but maybe he will stay around to keep the pretence up that this game means anything to Liverpool.

-------------
    "I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
    Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net