You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

European Elections 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:43pm
2 votes for Diarmuid O Flynn for me and will give Wallace No.2 

f**k them green ****s. they all sit centre of right 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

2 votes for Diarmuid O Flynn for me and will give Wallace No.2 

Diarmuid O'Flynn is anti-choice and pro-Gemma O'Doherty

Two good reasons not to vote for him
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:55pm
McHugh’s betting odds were slashed, but if Gilroy’s were too I wouldn’t read much into it.

I also feel that for a GP member to make the required leap you’d need an unprecedented voting change in a region where the Greens generally struggle to make an impact and often don’t don’t stand candidates.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:56pm

What’s it with this desire on this forum to out left the left?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

What’s it with this desire on this forum to out left the left?
Because a lot of parties and politicians have a history of posing a certain way to gain support when the reality is often quite different.
The Irish 'new Labour Party being a fantastic example. I think it is a little harsh on the Greens, but I can certainly understand how someone could feel that way given their history.

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 6:59pm
To hell with the Green Party, they done nothing when in power. Labour always sell out to FG.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:37am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

To hell with the Green Party, they done nothing when in power. Labour always sell out to FG.

The junior coalition party rarely does much when in power to be fair.

In Europe the Greens can be more effective as they would form part of the Greens-European Free Alliance group. I think the group currently only comprises of about 7% of the European Parliament but presently Ireland's contribution to the group is 0.0%, so we can't really complain too much about how poor the government is on environmental issues.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:53am
Gannon 1, Cuffe 2 for me 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 9:06am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Gannon 1, Cuffe 2 for me 
Clap
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 9:13am
Haven’t read up too much about the Divorce amendment today.
Can someone please tell me which way the Iona Institute want us to vote......and I’ll vote the opposite way.
Haven’t seen their Maria Steen at all.......she was such a roaring success for the marriage and abortion referendums/a
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 11:49am
first vote of the day done. 

Diarmuid O'Flynn No.1
Mick Wallace No.2

and Yes to Mayor and Divorce. 

Will pop down after work again with my polling card this time and probably head to Waterford to vote again with another polling card in my name. great little country this! 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 12:28am
We are Green
We are Green
We are fookin' dynamite

La la la la la la la la la la la
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:52am
Fantastic prospects for the GP tomorrow. Given the history of the party which struggled to gain any traction outside of Dublin this is a remarkable achievement. Poll seems to suggest 4% margin of error, but that at least assures Cuffe.

Even better if it displaces the likes of Ming and some Shinners.

Edited by Het-field - 25 May 2019 at 3:54am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:03am
TD Maria Bailey (the lady who fell off a swing and is looking for €60,000 compensation) ran a 10km race, three weeks after her fall.
In a time of 54 minutes.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:10am
Can anyone point me to an easy example of how PR STV works.
I used to think that all the No.1’s were counted, then all the ballot papers were put back in and all the No.2’s were counted, and so on.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:31am

Fantastic prospects for the GP tomorrow. Given the history of the party which struggled to gain any traction outside of Dublin this is a remarkable achievement. Poll seems to suggest 4% margin of error, but that at least assures Cuffe.

Seems to a trend across Europe - part of the push against the climate change deniers on the right / Trump as much as a vote for the Green Party.
People also observing what their kids are learning in school.
Hopefully bring green deal topics more to the forefront.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:39am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Can anyone point me to an easy example of how PR STV works.
I used to think that all the No.1’s were counted, then all the ballot papers were put back in and all the No.2’s were counted, and so on.

They'll mix the ballot papers first before counting. 

Say you need 1000 to get elected and the first in the pool gets 1200 votes, they'll disregard the first 1000 and then distribute the #2s, if they're there, from the other 200. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Seems to a trend across Europe - part of the push against the climate change deniers on the right / Trump as much as a vote for the Green Party.
People also observing what their kids are learning in school.
Hopefully bring green deal topics more to the forefront.

I give out about kids attitudes these days and how they are so mollycoddled now but my experience since going back teaching is how much they care now about environmental issues when a few years ago they didn't give a fiddlers. Refreshing to see!if I could get them more interested in English and Irish now id be on to a winner!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic