You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

European Elections 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Is Durkan going to get a seat in Dublin for FG?

Nope.

Fitzgerald and Andrews will take 2 of the seats. The other 2 including the 4th Brexit releated seat will go to 2 of Boylan, Cuffe, Daly and White

The latest polls have Fitzgerald at 17%, Boylan at 13%, Andrews at 12%, Cuffe at 11%, Daly at 9%, Durkan at 8% and White at 5%, with the remainder being the likes of PBP, Social Democrats and the assorted nutters like Kelly and Gilroy all polling below 5%.

With transfers from the left leaning candidates eliminated early likely to favour Daly and to a lesser extent Boylan, Cuffe is fighting an uphill battle for fourth spot, never mind third. There is a chance he could defeat Andrews but on polling last week with the Times, Andrews was on 18% and Cuffe on 9%, so it's hard to say. I really don't think White has a strong chance, on those numbers. I'd guess it will be Fitzgerald, Boylan, Andrews (I think he's more likely to poll around 15%) and the fourth seat to Daly/Cuffe.

Incidentally, there will only be one count, based on it being a four member constituency, not two counts. The quota will thus be 20%+1 in Dublin, not 25%+1. There had been some talk that the count could be split in two, due to the extra Brexit seat, but they've decided to go with one count only. I'm not sure the difference it will make but that's the way it's going to be counted.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Nope.

Fitzgerald and Andrews will take 2 of the seats. The other 2 including the 4th Brexit releated seat will go to 2 of Boylan, Cuffe, Daly and White

The latest polls have Fitzgerald at 17%, Boylan at 13%, Andrews at 12%, Cuffe at 11%, Daly at 9%, Durkan at 8% and White at 5%, with the remainder being the likes of PBP, Social Democrats and the assorted nutters like Kelly and Gilroy all polling below 5%.

With transfers from the left leaning candidates eliminated early likely to favour Daly and to a lesser extent Boylan, Cuffe is fighting an uphill battle for fourth spot, never mind third. There is a chance he could defeat Andrews but on polling last week with the Times, Andrews was on 18% and Cuffe on 9%, so it's hard to say. I really don't think White has a strong chance, on those numbers. I'd guess it will be Fitzgerald, Boylan, Andrews (I think he's more likely to poll around 15%) and the fourth seat to Daly/Cuffe.

Incidentally, there will only be one count, based on it being a four member constituency, not two counts. The quota will thus be 20%+1 in Dublin, not 25%+1. There had been some talk that the count could be split in two, due to the extra Brexit seat, but they've decided to go with one count only. I'm not sure the difference it will make but that's the way it's going to be counted.

I'm not so sure. Given SF tend not to be hugely transfer friendly I think Andrews might sneak the 2nd seat ahead of her if he's ahead on 1st preferences. 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 May 2019 at 1:20pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:21pm

Nope.

I expect Greens to be very transfer friendly and that will secure the second seat for Cuffe

I think both Andrews and Boylan will not do well on transfers 

I could foresee a three way battle for the last two seats between Andrews, Boylan and Daly

I will be giving my number 2 vote to Gary Gannon

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:53pm
I’d agree Cuffe should make the cut. Gannon will poll best of the also rans (ie those currently polling around 5% or lower)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:27pm
Gannon was reasonably impressive the other night, as was Alice Mary Higgins.

I still don't think either will get a seat, of course.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:48pm
In most constituencies there are seats that are simply not up for grabs. That’s where the transfers at the foot of the results will make all the difference. I hope Cuffe is transfer friendly enough to secure a seat, and my preference is for the other pro-EU parties to pick up the rest. The problem is, the Dublin ballot is full of eurocritic-eurosceptic- europhobic candidates who might well push somebody over the line as such voters might lend their vote in order to ensure a eurosceptic is elected, or indeed people who just aren’t aware their candidate is a eurosceptic. Another and different interesting facet is whether somebody like Alice Mary Higgins could pull off a Nessa Childers style surprise, as a transfer friendly independent. This could equally benefit Claire Daly, who could squeeze the third seat.

NW I think is reasonably easy to call for the first three seats, as McGuinness will probably get her seat back, as will Ming and Carthy. After that it is up to FF to transfer properly amongst each other. Casey’s vote could be interesting, as that side of the country has happily voted for conservative independents before, and FF are just not assured.  although I can’t help but feel Harkin’s Seat is available for a pro-EU moderate, which could give rise to the unlikely situation of FG returning two MEPs, but that is also contingent on transfers.

The South will see Kelly and Ni Riada returned, and FF should take something. Kelly’s transfers down, and the lowest FG candidate’s up could also make it a happy hunting ground for FG here too. Mick Wallace is also in play for this one, and perhaps Labour and Green transfers might help him, along with a swath of transfers which may come from home turf.

I’m not factoring in the “Brexit seats”. In reality, they don’t yet exist.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:49pm

Gannon was reasonably impressive the other night, as was Alice Mary Higgins.

I still don't think either will get a seat, of course.

Gannon wont. I would like to see if the political force that elected Childers in 2014 could work for Higgins.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:05pm
Daly will get the last seat. she will have a massive transfer allocation. She will pull another Joe Higgins and gain a seat for the left Clap
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:11pm
Video doing the rounds of Casey with a soap box type set up today 

'some people say I'm racist, OF COURSE I'm a racist'
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Video doing the rounds of Casey with a soap box type set up today 

'some people say I'm racist, OF COURSE I'm a racist'
That was yesterday

It's probably the first time in his life he's told the truth about anything
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:27pm
SNP for me. Hope to see Alyn Smith, Christian Allard and Aileen McLeod elected Thumbs Up

I'd never heard of that Peter Casey chap before so looked him up on wikipedia, seems an interesting sort of right wing lunatic .....
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

SNP for me. Hope to see Alyn Smith, Christian Allard and Aileen McLeod elected Thumbs Up

The SNP winning big would be a good thing. The more unequivocally pro-remain the winners are, the better. The Tories are making a mess, Labour have no position and have failed on Brexit, and the bulk of the fringe are leave.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

I'd never heard of that Peter Casey chap before so looked him up on wikipedia, seems an interesting sort of right wing lunatic .....
He's not in any way interesting
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:53am
Ben Gilroy has came from 150/1 into 10/1 with pp to get elected. Does he have a squeak? Gonna back saoirse mchugh in midlands at 4/1
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:56am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Gonna back saoirse mchugh in midlands at 4/1

i asked all my family to vote for her , i like her style 

i'll vote green myself here in germany 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:04am

Ben Gilroy has came from 150/1 into 10/1 with pp to get elected. Does he have a squeak? Gonna back saoirse mchugh in midlands at 4/1

Wouldn't take much to move a market like that I'd have thought
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:10am

Wouldn't take much to move a market like that I'd have thought

Bating sh*t with a hurl has done him wonders
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:39pm
McHugh for me 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic