You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 35>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 11:54pm
Southgate better f**k off now 
Sponsored Links

eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 1:43am
would have loved him at Arsenal, if Spurs were scouting him he couldn’t have been that far from being good enough. Hopefully he’s another Van Dijk inspired Celtic signing rather than a Tomas Gravesen
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 1:45am
The next Roy Keane i the making. Center midfield
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Southgate has every right to chase this player, in the same we have been chasing players born outside of Ireland.

It's up to the player if he wants to play, if he doesn't then so be it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Southgate has every right to chase this player, in the same we have been chasing players born outside of Ireland.

Connell won' be switching, no chance.

I imagine Mick will cap him in one of the Autumn games
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Connell won' be switching, no chance.

If he had any intentions of switching, joining Celtic really wouldn't have been a move he would've made. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 11:46pm
Fair point there Banjaxed. Hopefully Celtic play him in midfield, just because that's where our need is greater. Seems like a good move anyway, with a bit of luck he'll get plenty game time under Lennon. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 2:53pm
I've only seen the few clips, most of which ended up in a nice YouTube video made by a disappointed but reasonable Bolton fan just after he signed for Celtic. My posts hyping him up on here a couple of months ago were all pretty much based on those same clips. 

This evidence aside, I think I'm even more confident about Luca based on how salty the majority of Bolton fans are (well, those bothering to post about it online). The Bolton fans were really impressed by his contributions though, best player on the pitch etc etc. Hope he does well for Celtic, it will be interesting to see if he's in the U19 Euros or Celtic's CL Preliminaries. A nice dilemma to have
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:23pm
Not in the under 19 squad 

Is he considering his international future??? England bound in the case 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:41pm

Not in the under 19 squad 

Is he considering his international future??? England bound in the case 

Morto for you. 

Celtic (like most of the teams that have our best players) have told us to go fook yourself, they're staying here with their club. 

Luca Connell will don the green (of Ireland) foe years to come. 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:18pm
He was training with the first team when Celtic were on sky sports news during the week so been left out of the squad was expected.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:55pm
Celtic's season has already started, soon as he signed he was out of that squad.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:48pm
Referencing about trying to get capped for Ireland if he does well at Celtic. Looks like we are good

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Referencing about trying to get capped for Ireland if he does well at Celtic. Looks like we are good

The minute he signed for Celtic he committed to Ireland. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:07pm
Here is my prediction. Luca Connell gets a cap or two in the future and this thread will die a death. 

Have a read of these threads and you can clearly see a pattern players who don't play for us get way more attention then the ones that do. You can draw your own conclusions

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Here is my prediction. Luca Connell gets a cap or two in the future and this thread will die a death. 

Have a read of these threads and you can clearly see a pattern players who don't play for us get way more attention then the ones that do. You can draw your own conclusions

Either way I don't really see they're being much of a future for either of those players beyond Mick McCarthy's regime.

I feel sorry for Sean but I think he may have missed the boat. unless there's an absolute dramatic improvement in his performances (i.e goals) I think he may start to just fall down the pecking order and may even struggle to get into an Ireland squad after McCarthy is gone. 

Scott Hogan I think is probably one Obafemi goal away from not getting in the squad at all to be honest. His Irish future is bleak.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:28pm
Starts today, game seems to be passing him by so far.

Then again it’s his first start

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 10:21am
Is he good? Type of player is he? Will he play week in week out?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 35>
  Share Topic