FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 35>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:39pm
Sponsored Links

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

https://streamable.com/97jdhx  ;

Highlights reel of him in the friendly match. Looking like a player with a point to make and well able to

Link not working. Could you check and repost pleasw
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 7:34pm
https://streamable.com/97jdhx  ;

Highlights reel of him in the friendly match. Looking like a player with a point to make and well able to

Edited by Scissors Kick - 30 Jul 2020 at 7:41pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Afolabi and O'Connor both got released for free by their English Premier league clubs so it would be unlikely they could expect to walk in to the Celtic first team squad given they would likely be top ten EPL standard.
Afolabi turned down a new contract from Southampton, O'Connor was signed for an undisclosed fee.

No point in letting the truth get in the way of a nice bit of spin!
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:34am

Afolabi and O'Connor both got released for free by their English Premier league clubs so it would be unlikely they could expect to walk in to the Celtic first team squad given they would likely be top ten EPL standard.

If that Celtic squad had been in the Premier League this past season they'd have been relegated. Might have finished ahead of Norwich but that's it. They have, at most, six or seven EPL standard players in their squad.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:34am

Afolabi turned down a new contract from Southampton, O'Connor was signed for an undisclosed fee.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:25am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:31am
If they don’t then what harm. Like you say still only 19/20 at the end of the loan spell and at least they played the percentages. Far better chance at getting game time at Gillingham Shrewsbury or Burton I certainly doubt Connell O’Connor and Afolabi would have any difficulty getting close to if not regular game time with those sort of clubs. At that age even Legaue 2 would do once your on loan playing men’s football. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:57am
Agree with Horse on that one, connell can fight for a place as he probably the strongest of all the players but players like oconnell haven't even been given a squad number for next year. They might be wasting another year at Celtic
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:39am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

What you mean by predictably. Is it the fact Neil Lennon seems obsessed with these fancy foreigners or the fact he was his  3m pound signing so he will want to praise him instead? Just genuinely curious as I don’t follow Scottish football a great deal. I do know that those Irish lads need to f**k off on loan to the Championship or League 1 even would be fine just get bloody rolling. 

Why?

The lads are only gone 19. Why not try and fight for your place, or what happens if they drop down to L1 and they don't get their game there, as there is somebody better?

Plenty of time for these lads to develop.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

What you mean by predictably. Is it the fact Neil Lennon seems obsessed with these fancy foreigners or the fact he was his  3m pound signing so he will want to praise him instead? Just genuinely curious as I don’t follow Scottish football a great deal. I do know that those Irish lads need to f**k off on loan to the Championship or League 1 even would be fine just get bloody rolling. 

Lennon has an agent friend with links to Israeli football. That's why you often see him bringing in players from Israel and other obscure leagues. He did the same thing at Hibs and at Celtic the first time he was there.

It's no coincidence that Lennon is praising Soro and not Connell even though Connell looked much better on Monday. Soro is Lennon's man so if Brown isn't able to play as many games this year or McGregor gets injured you can be sure that it will be Soro that gets any first team opportunity going. He needs to justify the few million he spent on him. I don't think Lennon had any direct involvement in the Connell signing.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 11:28pm
Agreed I reckon Barnsley would be a right bet to go back up in the off chance they actually lose the appeal. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 11:27pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 9:57am
The Wigan appeal is scheduled for this Friday ( 31 July ) so we'll know the outcome soon but win or lose, it's going to be an expensive exercise for them as the appellant club has to cover the legal costs for both sides. Seems very unfair but Wigan could be out of pocket by around half a million and still get relegated.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Could Barnsley still go down if Wigan win their appeal ? Sunderland would be the better option anyway. Bigger club, bigger support and will surely go up this time. He would do well there.

Wigan have no shout of winning their appeal. Barnsley will be a pretty good side next year and actually play a great brand of football. Sunderland is a headcase club in 2020
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 8:55am
Could Barnsley still go down if Wigan win their appeal ? Sunderland would be the better option anyway. Bigger club, bigger support and will surely go up this time. He would do well there.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Bolton press are saying Luca is going to choose to go to Sunderland on loan.

Barnsley also interested in him.

Barnsley would be a great loan. they will do well next year. Eitherway all those lads need to leave Celtic quickly.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 12:00am
He won't. Predictably Lennon was raving about the other central midfielder Soro after the game. Not a mention of Connell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 35>
  Share Topic