You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 44>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

But even with a good record, why wouldn’t you apply for tickets? What’s the downside?

Say alot with good records didn't bother because they don't want to be stuck paying close to €500 (excluding cat 3s here as will be extremely hard to get them) without the guarantee that ireland will be playing. Be hard to shift a €125 ticket for a game in dublin that doesn't involve ireland
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:07am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Didn't bother applying. 
Will take my chances with the associations allocation if we qualify. If not will probably pick up a ticket handy enough for any of the dublin games depending on who's playing 

Not if Ireland are playing
nor England 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:28am
Was going to apply for CAT1's for the 3 Dublin games for me and my wife but just realized if successful  that it will cost over a grand. Fck that.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

But even with a good record, why wouldn’t you apply for tickets? What’s the downside?

Say alot with good records didn't bother because they don't want to be stuck paying close to €500 (excluding cat 3s here as will be extremely hard to get them) without the guarantee that ireland will be playing. Be hard to shift a €125 ticket for a game in dublin that doesn't involve ireland

Exactly that and don't want to be stuck with a dublin ticket if we're in spain for example.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 1:33pm

I imagine it's gonna be pretty easy to offload a ticket for a Euro match. Probably plenty of people will travel without a ticket, either hoping to get one here or just for the carnival experience of the tournament, and it should be no problem to send one on.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 3:15pm

That makes sense, I’d still apply for the €50 tickets though, that’s what I was thinking has no downside.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 3:25pm
Unless Ireland qualify, play Spain in Bilbao, you apply for tickets for all that game, UEFA match your details, and then you can't get tickets for the game in Bilbao because you have tickets for the other game on the same day in Dublin.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Unless Ireland qualify, play Spain in Bilbao, you apply for tickets for all that game, UEFA match your details, and then you can't get tickets for the game in Bilbao because you have tickets for the other game on the same day in Dublin.

There's nothing to stop an applicant creating a new account with a new or different email address and even a different postal address to get around any cross-referencing. They now accept multiple payment methods whereas in the past it was just the credit card they accepted...this too makes it easier to get around any cross-referencing.

What this lackadaisical approach will do I fear is increase touting on a massive scale.

Edited by colemanY2K - 02 Jul 2019 at 3:46pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

There's nothing to stop an applicant creating a new account with a new or different email address and even a different postal address to get around any cross-referencing. They now accept multiple payment methods whereas in the past it was just the credit card they accepted...this too makes it easier to get around any cross-referencing.

What this lackadaisical approach will do I fear is increase touting on a massive scale.

A passport number is required.  Presumably they could use this for cross-referencing purposes?
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 8:03pm

Any idea on what game would be away in Bilbao if we were to qualify?  Or is it done on the basis of a draw? Haven't applied yet and was put off by the idea that they might cross reference them with the FAI if I was to apply through the FAI. Although it would be handy if you could resell them on the portal if you managed to get 3 Dublin tickets in ordee to get a ticket for Bilbao but that won't be till March/April, and assuming we make the playoffs we wouldn't know till around then about the allocations
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Any idea on what game would be away in Bilbao if we were to qualify?  Or is it done on the basis of a draw? Haven't applied yet and was put off by the idea that they might cross reference them with the FAI if I was to apply through the FAI. Although it would be handy if you could resell them on the portal if you managed to get 3 Dublin tickets in ordee to get a ticket for Bilbao but that won't be till March/April, and assuming we make the playoffs we wouldn't know till around then about the allocations

If it's like 2016 if we qualify you apply though uefa portal. Applications then are cross checked by FAI against passport numbers and FAI account numbers. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 11:29pm

Correct for the UEFA general public portals.  If you are successful in this phase you cannot buy a ticket in a later phase for a different game on the same day.  This seems to apply even if you sell the ticket back.   
This wasn't the case in 2012 or 2016 if you mean the general public UEFA portal and the UEFA portal for national teams.  Although you apply through UEFA with an FAI code it is a separate portal and you were allowed to at least hold games that could have involved us.  I checked it and it appears to be an anomaly.  

I believe it will be very difficult to offload tickets if we don't qualify.  It will of course depend on the games but not too many countries that can end up here in the group stages that would have a demand higher than their allocation.  Poland, Wales and Northern Ireland come to mind.  Demand for the Rof16 game will remain very high unless England cannot be involved.      
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 11:42pm
Can you refuse the tickets if you are successful on the UEFA portal??  I dont want to be lumbered with CAT A tickets for games if EIRE do not qualify.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 12:49am
Yeah but I imagine the payment request will be in August; you'll not have much option if you apply now, are awarded tickets in a month, and have to pay by the end of August.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Can you refuse the tickets if you are successful on the UEFA portal??  I dont want to be lumbered with CAT A tickets for games if EIRE do not qualify.

You can try to resell them on the portal but Cat A will be hard to shift giving the eye watering prices.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

In short yes, you can refuse the tickets. What you can't do is pick and choose which games you want or don't want after getting the successful email. Whatever tickets you are successful in acquiring have to be paid for in one go or refused in one go. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 9:03am
Can't believer they don't ask for credit card details at the point of application. Apart from email, there's nothing to filter out duplicate applications.

Passport numbers are just for show obviously (otherwise they'd ask for one for each ticket)
A home address can be changes with a few typos.

Seems like such an easy way to deter professional resellers
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Can't believer they don't ask for credit card details at the point of application. Apart from email, there's nothing to filter out duplicate applications.
Passport numbers are just for show obviously (otherwise they'd ask for one for each ticket)
A home address can be changes with a few typos.

Seems like such an easy way to deter professional resellers

Joe Duffy's phone will be hopping next summer. The touts are going to have a field day if Ireland qualify.

Edited by colemanY2K - 03 Jul 2019 at 11:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 44>
  Share Topic