Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57005
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 7:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc
Posted By: cildaratown
Subject: Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:50pm
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/newsid=2604909.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/newsid=2604909.html

Final is almost €1000 euro for cat 1

Replies:
Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:54pm
The fckin dole will be broke on mersyside

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:55pm
The people's game.Clap

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:03pm
Didn't bother with the public sale in 2016 just waited until we got our allocation.

Might take in a few games this time though seeing as we'll have little travel if we qualify 

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:56pm
Not sure if I'll bother with the public phase either.

The main thing is that it is not clear which game will be in Spain if we both qualify & if we are away. At the minute, it could literally be any of the games.

The game on 19 June is the only one worth applying for from our group, as the one in Bilbao in the second round is on 20 June.

The last thing you want is to have a ticket for the game in Dublin if we are playing Spain in Bilbao on the same day, as UEFA will not allow you to buy a ticket for two games on the same day.

I might change my mind and apply for final tickets during this phase all the same, even with those mad prices.

-------------

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The main thing is that it is not clear which game will be in Spain if we both qualify & if we are away. At the minute, it could literally be any of the games.

The game on 19 June is the only one worth applying for from our group, as the one in Bilbao in the second round is on 20 June.

The last thing you want is to have a ticket for the game in Dublin if we are playing Spain in Bilbao on the same day, as UEFA will not allow you to buy a ticket for two games on the same day.

I might change my mind and apply for final tickets during this phase all the same, even with those mad prices.
Could always sell it on the portal if it comes to that? Think I’ll apply anyway for the Dublin games as would still like to go to the games if we don’t qualify.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:17pm

So there's no point in using the public sale to get tickets for the Dublin games then ?

I'll probably just applying through the FAI if we get there anyway. Probably be plenty of tickets available through that allocation 

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

So there's no point in using the public sale to get tickets for the Dublin games then ?

I'll probably just applying through the FAI if we get there anyway. Probably be plenty of tickets available through that allocation 

I'd imagine fai will get allocated between 5-10 thousand for this if we qualify. Anyone with a decent record will get sorted through them like what happened in 2016.

Anyone that had little or no away record be worthwhile trying to get tickets through the public sale as will be no chance of them getting 1s from fai. People will think having a season ticket will see them getting tickets but can't see that happening

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I'd imagine fai will get allocated between 5-10 thousand for this if we qualify. Anyone with a decent record will get sorted through them like what happened in 2016.

Anyone that had little or no away record be worthwhile trying to get tickets through the public sale as will be no chance of them getting 1s from fai. People will think having a season ticket will see them getting tickets but can't see that happening
Yeah I agree can't see a season ticket having much effect on its own. It's an away tournament technically so it'll be season ticket and away record.  

Just have to qualify first LOL

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:00pm
A season ticket will be very far from being enough. You'll definitely need a good away record if we do qualify.

I suppose it is possible to apply for tickets for all the Dublin games which is 50/50 to host all our games if we qualify automatically, will definitely have two Ireland games if we qualify and, even if we are away to Spain in Bilbao, there'll be 1/3 chance that you can get the ticket for the Bilbao game without having to sell the Dublin game ticket, if we are away to Spain in the middle game.

And if we don't qualify, then at least you'll have tickets for all three group games in Dublin.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:20pm

A season ticket will be very far from being enough. You'll definitely need a good away record if we do qualify.

I suppose it is possible to apply for tickets for all the Dublin games which is 50/50 to host all our games if we qualify automatically, will definitely have two Ireland games if we qualify and, even if we are away to Spain in Bilbao, there'll be 1/3 chance that you can get the ticket for the Bilbao game without having to sell the Dublin game ticket, if we are away to Spain in the middle game.

And if we don't qualify, then at least you'll have tickets for all three group games in Dublin.

Will probably come back and look at it again after the Denmark game because that will probably give us a fair idea of what our chances might be like.

Either way your probably going to have season ticket holders who only go to home games being left disappointed by the FAI allocation if we qualify.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:23pm
thinking of applying for the 4 dublin games, the semis, and the final. Although pretty unlikely that if we qualify and get out of the group we’d play in that 4th Dublin game. 

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:08pm
Regarding allocation for Euro 2016 what was the story in terms of requirement? I was living abroad so relied on the portal. Was it ST plus away matches or what was the deal

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Regarding allocation for Euro 2016 what was the story in terms of requirement? I was living abroad so relied on the portal. Was it ST plus away matches or what was the deal
I only applied for tickets for the Belgium game and I got them. Two season tickets, think I’d one away in the last two years before that. Had the season ticket since 2012.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:37pm
Apologies if answered, but if we qualify and then draw to play Spain in Dublin, does that mean all 3 group games would be at home?

Would there also be a potential last 16 game in Dublin?

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:54pm
€125 for a cat 2 ticket for Dublin geoupnstages - holy jaysus

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:34pm
We cannot play in Dublin in the Rof16.

If Spain and ourselves qualify directly then we draw lots for the home game.  

If either Spain or ourselves qualify via the playoffs then the team that qualifies directly has home advantage.  

If one of us fails to qualify then the other has 3 home games.  

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:38pm
Cheers. So essentially 3 potential games in Dublin.

Draw in Copenhagen and we are on our way

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

If we qualify we are guaranteed to be in 2 of the first 3 games in Dublin with a possibility of being in all 3.  The 4th game (Rof16) will involve the winners of England's group and the runners up in Germany's group.   

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

If we qualify we are guaranteed to be in 2 of the first 3 games in Dublin with a possibility of being in all 3.  The 4th game (Rof16) will involve the winners of England's group and the runners up in Germany's group.   

Was having a look at potential games in the last 16 and venues last night. Still a bit disappointed with the format, and fact wr have no choice but to go in a group with Spain.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:24pm
What's the best thing to do here, apply for the Dublin games or hope we get there and apply through the FAI allocation?

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:26pm

What's the best thing to do here, apply for the Dublin games or hope we get there and apply through the FAI allocation?

different answer for different people.  

1)  It depends on what you think your chances will be from the FAI's allocation if we qualify.

2) It depends on whether you would go anyway or only want to see us.

I think tickets will be very easy if we don't make it.  If we do......

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:37pm

1)  It depends on what you think your chances will be from the FAI's allocation if we qualify.

Yeah my chances would be quite high. Not worried about that, the away record is quite good and come the end of the campaign should be at 7 or the last 9.

Been thinking about that 2nd point before. Would really depend on the game if I'd go but again have to decide in the next few weeks weather to apply or not.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:31am

[QUOTE=wanderer]What's the best thing to do here, apply for the Dublin games or hope we get there and apply through the FAI allocation?

Yeah my chances would be quite high. Not worried about that, the away record is quite good and come the end of the campaign should be at 7 or the last 9.

Been thinking about that 2nd point before. Would really depend on the game if I'd go but again have to decide in the next few weeks weather to apply or not.
[/QUOTE

If we don't make it I don't see tickets being too difficult unless there is a well supported team drawn here.  Poland, Northern Ireland and Wales would fill it.  England would for the Rof16.  Not too many others I can think of.  Portugal v Croatia might be a great game but would struggle to fill the Aviva.  

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:10am
If we don’t make it tickets will be easy to get if you are willing to pay close to €200 a ticket once fees are included.

Absolute rip off 

Group stage and round of 16
Category 3: €50 
Category 2: €125 
Category 1: €185 

-------------

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

If we don’t make it tickets will be easy to get if you are willing to pay close to €200 a ticket once fees are included.

Absolute rip off 

Some jump between cat 3 and cat 2 

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:50am

Absolute rip off 

There are no fees on top.  however really expensive.

Even for Portugal v Croatia in Dublin 185 euros for the back row of the East Stand near the corner flag is an awful price.  35 euro for a normal home game.  Same price if Kosovo v Slovakia.     

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:43pm

Absolute rip off 

Even for Portugal v Croatia in Dublin 185 euros for the back row of the East Stand near the corner flag is an awful price.  35 euro for a normal home game.  Same price if Kosovo v Slovakia.     

I’d be amazed if there was any issue for tickets for group stage if we don’t qualify. 

Even if we do; tickets won’t be as hard got as one may think. We wouldn’t sell out the home leg of a World Cup playoff at those prices.

Are premium tickets a separate category again?

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Absolute rip off 

I’d be amazed if there was any issue for tickets for group stage if we don’t qualify. 

Even if we do; tickets won’t be as hard got as one may think. We wouldn’t sell out the home leg of a World Cup playoff at those prices.

Are premium tickets a separate category again?
If you're referring to the Premium level in LR, then I doubt it - if my experience at Euro 2016 was anything to go by:

I was at 2 games at Stade de France, Ireland v Sweden & Germany v Poland, both Cat 1.  For the Ireland game I was in the lower tier where facilities where the usual bog-standard ones that you'd expect for general admission but for the Germany game I was in the middle tier, which looked very much like their premium level for non-tournament matches, from the posh-looking corridor linking each section right down to the arm rests (including drink holder) in the seats which you certainly didn't get in the lower tier.  I even managed to get a free tournament programme after that game. LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:29am
Premium are just sold as normal tickets.  you could get a cat 3 in the south premium.  Reality is though that many will be used for the hospitality tickets.  

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:45am

Premium are just sold as normal tickets.  you could get a cat 3 in the south premium.  Reality is though that many will be used for the hospitality tickets.  
I would have thought Level 4 would be used for the hospitality tickets?

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:22am
Should we qualify what do we reckon the requirement will be for tickets from the FAI? What was it at Euro 2012/16?

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:10pm

Should we qualify what do we reckon the requirement will be for tickets from the FAI? What was it at Euro 2012/16?

It'll be run like a regular away game so I imagine it will be a season ticket plus 'x' number of the last aways in order to get a ticket. 

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I would have thought Level 4 would be used for the hospitality tickets?

There are various hospitality packages.  Many are just an expensive normal seat.  

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It'll be run like a regular away game so I imagine it will be a season ticket plus 'x' number of the last aways in order to get a ticket. 

Have you heard this from a good source or is it a guess?

I don't know and have been trying to find out how it will be done.  My best guess is that it isn't decided yet. 

It may well be as you suggest.  However there is a school of thought that season ticket holders should be looked after as well.  So you could offer one game to a season ticket holder particularly if we were lucky enough to have three at home.  

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:01pm

I don't know and have been trying to find out how it will be done.  My best guess is that it isn't decided yet. 

It may well be as you suggest.  However there is a school of thought that season ticket holders should be looked after as well.  So you could offer one game to a season ticket holder particularly if we were lucky enough to have three at home.  

It's technically an away tournament so should be run like every other tournament has been, season ticket and x amount of aways.
You can't cater for every FAI season ticket holder who only goes to home games, it just wouldn't be possible. 

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:08pm
agreed, and all away fans will generally have a ST too. So if you went off ST’s then you’d need to rank them and use away games so you would be in the same place

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:14pm
How many season tickets are there? A friend of mine got two tickets for Paris and Lille in the last euros with out any history with the FAI, so it’s hard to know what the qualification will be.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

How many season tickets are there? A friend of mine got two tickets for Paris and Lille in the last euros with out any history with the FAI, so it’s hard to know what the qualification will be.

He might not have needed a history given we had decent allocations for those games and all away regulars would have been sorted so it works it's way down through the rest of the season ticket holders then.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:30pm

It's technically an away tournament so should be run like every other tournament has been, season ticket and x amount of aways.
You can't cater for every FAI season ticket holder who only goes to home games, it just wouldn't be possible. 
I would say a lot of season ticket holders should get sorted anyway. For the last Euros I only had 2 season tickets previously and applied for Cat 1 in all games and was successful. Have a much better record now 7 out of the last 9 aways and the season tickets so will be safe enough but hopefully we get a decent allocation so the tickets fall into the right hands. We will probably have 15000/16000 season ticket holders and I’d imagine our allocation would be about 10,000 for the games at home so some season ticket holders will be lucky.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I would say a lot of season ticket holders should get sorted anyway. For the last Euros I only had 2 season tickets previously and applied for Cat 1 in all games and was successful. Have a much better record now 7 out of the last 9 aways and the season tickets so will be safe enough but hopefully we get a decent allocation so the tickets fall into the right hands. We will probably have 15000/16000 season ticket holders and I’d imagine our allocation would be about 10,000 for the games at home so some season ticket holders will be lucky.
Yup agree there, all supporters with an away record are fine. Like I said you can't cater for every season ticket holder and like you said some will be lucky. You'd imagine some sort of ballot would be held for season ticket holders.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:38pm
Will it be Dublin-Bilbao-Dublin or what order will the matches be?

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:46pm

Will it be Dublin-Bilbao-Dublin or what order will the matches be?

That wont be none till the draw is made

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:54pm
thought it was already known that if Spain top their group and we're second in ours (or through via playoffs) we've Spain away and it's Dublin-Bilbao-Dublin.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

thought it was already known that if Spain top their group and we're second in ours (or through via playoffs) we've Spain away and it's Dublin-Bilbao-Dublin.

It’s a while since I read it but I think finishing first or second has no relevance. It’s automatic qualification over qualification via playoff if I remember right or understood it in the first place.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:10pm
You could be right, I'm not 100%. I'd rather play Spain in Bilbao than Dublin anyway. Wouldn't imagine too many locals will be that pushed about supporting Spain and we'll lose regardless of where it's played.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You could be right, I'm not 100%. I'd rather play Spain in Bilbao than Dublin anyway. Wouldn't imagine too many locals will be that pushed about supporting Spain and we'll lose regardless of where it's played.

When I lived over there it was the 2014 World Cup and they set off fireworks everytime the Dutch scored against them. SO not a big local support but "Spain" is only down the road.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:22pm
The Aviva is 51,700 so break it down trough allocation (this is guess work)
10,000 pre tournament draw tickets
15,000 to each set of football associations 
10,000 to sponsors 
Now between the raffle in August for tickets and trough the FAI after the draw is made every season ticket holder should be sorted, the only thing is an over subscription for the €50 tickets and not enough for the higher priced tickets. Personally I’ll be applying for the higher priced ones as we don’t have any travel expenses and Ireland playing in a major tournament on home soil will be a one in a life time experience.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:25pm

10,000 to sponsors 
Now between the raffle in August for tickets and trough the FAI after the draw is made every season ticket holder should be sorted, the only thing is an over subscription for the €50 tickets and not enough for the higher priced tickets. Personally I’ll be applying for the higher priced ones as we don’t have any travel expenses and Ireland playing in a major tournament on home soil will be a one in a life time experience.

And of that 15000 probably 10,000 will go to actual fans

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:26pm

10,000 to sponsors 

And of that 15000 probably 10,000 will go to actual fans
65% after abbey and football family get their cut.

EDIT: Actually would abbey be entitled to tickets, i cant remember what way 2016 worked, but they aren't a UEFA agent.

Posted By: Lansdown Roar
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:32pm
Think I'll give cat 2 a go

-------------
They've only gone and done it

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:34pm
So if Spain win their group and we qualify thru the playoffs, we'd be away to Spain the second game and not the first or last? Shame it's the Friday game that would be away.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:37pm
What tickets are you applying for? Want to give the Dublin games a go and then perhaps the semi / final in Wembley

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:48pm

The FAI decide how to allocate the FAI's allocation.  There is an argument (I don't agree with it) that all season ticket holders should get one game each.  This is a historic home tournament.  

We could still be playing in Bilbao on any of the 3 matchdays.  Likewise Spain could be in Dublin on any of these days. 

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:53pm
At what stage do the "Follow My Team" tickets become available to apply for? When all qualified teams are known I presume

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:00pm

The FAI decide how to allocate the FAI's allocation.  There is an argument (I don't agree with it) that all season ticket holders should get one game each.  This is a historic home tournament.  

We could still be playing in Bilbao on any of the 3 matchdays.  Likewise Spain could be in Dublin on any of these days. 
You don’t agree that season ticket holders should be entitled to a ticket? Why? surely the most loyal fans should be looked after.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:01pm

Yes i understand that the FAI allocate the tickets. I'm saying if they follow the way they've done every other game and 2016 then it's season ticket holders with away record and then other season ticket holders which I'm assuming is done by ballot. 

I also don't agree that each season ticket holder should get one each. That would be grossly unfair on anyone who's travelled across Europe and to every home game.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

At what stage do the "Follow My Team" tickets become available to apply for? When all qualified teams are known I presume
Yeah when teams qualify. Think it's December and then after the playoffs for the others 

Posted By: cullenswood
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:02pm

You don’t agree that season ticket holders should be entitled to a ticket? Why? surely the most loyal fans should be looked after.

Careful now, there are different level of loyal didn't you know??!

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:04pm

I think he means that each season ticket holder would be given just 1 game each if we were to qualify which would be unfair on those who have excellent away records and they were treated the same as someone who's been to say 2 or 3 home games 

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:18pm
Ok, I presume all away regulars will be sorted for all three games, what is there about 2,000 supporters who will have 2 or more away games this campaign. I presume the vast majority of them will have season tickets either trough their supporters club or independently so they should be sorted for all the home games but when it comes to just season ticket holders and there is an over subscription for the games you should be entitled to one ticket for at least one of the games. 

Posted By: Tyronebhoy
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:50pm

Sorta my thinking too. Applied for all four in Dublin (Cat C), though ticked box to accept higher category. If France 2016 anything to go by, no way will I get all four. Got one I applied for there, turned out to be Wales v Slovakia in Bordeaux, which I was going to anyway whether we qualified or not, so it worked out handily after we did qualify. If we qualify for 2020 I'd be confident of getting tickets for all our group games (and anymore games if we get outta group) due to season ticket and away record, so if there's any clashes for any tickets I get in the ballot I'll try and resell them at face value. I seem to remember a resale portal for 2016, so assuming it will be same this time round.

-------------
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Sorta my thinking too. Applied for all four in Dublin (Cat C), though ticked box to accept higher category. If France 2016 anything to go by, no way will I get all four. Got one I applied for there, turned out to be Wales v Slovakia in Bordeaux, which I was going to anyway whether we qualified or not, so it worked out handily after we did qualify. If we qualify for 2020 I'd be confident of getting tickets for all our group games (and anymore games if we get outta group) due to season ticket and away record, so if there's any clashes for any tickets I get in the ballot I'll try and resell them at face value. I seem to remember a resale portal for 2016, so assuming it will be same this time round.

I'd be wary of that bit. For Euro 2016 you couldn't buy tickets for more than one game per day. Not sure if the same rule applies this time around but if it does and you get tickets for the Dublin game in this ballot and then we end up in Bilbao on that day you won't get one for the away game.

Posted By: Tyronebhoy
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

I'd be wary of that bit. For Euro 2016 you couldn't buy tickets for more than one game per day. Not sure if the same rule applies this time around but if it does and you get tickets for the Dublin game in this ballot and then we end up in Bilbao on that day you won't get one for the away game.

It does, aye. Worth the gamble, I think. No mission of getting all four in the ballot, I'd imagine. Case of crossing that bridge if I come to it Thumbs Up

-------------
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:51pm
The only one in Bilbao to apply for from our group is the one that's not on the same day as a match in Dublin. That's the middle one... and that leaves you open to us being in Bilbao for the first game, which would mean you go from Dublin to Bilbao to Dublin to Bilbao to Dublin, and that's before the group stage is even over!

I might leave it at applying for semi final and final tickets only, at this stage.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:54pm
You could always apply for the knockout game in Dublin: the only way we'll be playing on the same day is if we win the group. Which will likely have Spain in it. No chance.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:04pm

You could always apply for the knockout game in Dublin: the only way we'll be playing on the same day is if we win the group. Which will likely have Spain in it. No chance.
Yeah think I'll do the same and just go for the knockout game in Dublin and go through fai allocation if we qualify 

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:08pm
If you are successful in the raffle but then Ireland qualify, can you select to 'follow my team' and what do you do with the tickets you got through the raffle, put them back into the portal?
Similar, if our second game is in Bilbao but you had been successful for the Dublin game but now you are heading to Bilbao instead (ticketless even), are you able to sell the ticket for the Dublin game or do you return them or how would it work?

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:15pm
Yeah, loads of us bought tickets the last time for a random game in Bordeaux thinking we wouldn't qualify, just sold them on the uefa portal then when we did 

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:20pm

The only one in Bilbao to apply for from our group is the one that's not on the same day as a match in Dublin. That's the middle one... and that leaves you open to us being in Bilbao for the first game, which would mean you go from Dublin to Bilbao to Dublin to Bilbao to Dublin, and that's before the group stage is even over!

I might leave it at applying for semi final and final tickets only, at this stage.

Gotcha - do this just to cover bases to make sure we potentially have tickets to all Irish matches. But if we are away to Spain it isn't set in stone that it will be the second match of the group. 

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Gotcha - do this just to cover bases to make sure we potentially have tickets to all Irish matches. But if we are away to Spain it isn't set in stone that it will be the second match of the group. 

Personally I'm not going to bother doing this. You'll spend a couple of hundred on games we might not be in and if they aren't appealing games then you'll have a hard job shifting them unless of course you plan on going regardless.

If you've any sort of away record it looks like getting tickets through our own allocation might be the best way.

I'll probably just go with follow my team just incase we do get out of the group and to avoid the scramble for tickets.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

I know! My point is that that is the only game you can actually apply for certain that you'll not be screwed over as a result.

If you hold tickets for games on the same day as Ireland games, no matter how good your record, UEFA won't let you buy tickets for an Ireland match on the same day.

That being the case, the safest match to apply for is probably the second one, the Dublin game on its own, rather than the Bilbao one. If we are in Bilbao the following day, so be it. If we aren't, and are at home, all the better.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:54pm
One other key thing: if you are applying for the last group stage game in Dublin, remember it will be at the same time as the one in Bilbao. God forbid we were playing Spain there then: you'd never shift those tickets. Whoever is playing here then would obviously not be a seeded team, so not a big draw for neutrals, even less if we are playing at the same time.

-------------

Posted By: hoofy
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:27pm

One other key thing: if you are applying for the last group stage game in Dublin, remember it will be at the same time as the one in Bilbao. God forbid we were playing Spain there then: you'd never shift those tickets. Whoever is playing here then would obviously not be a seeded team, so not a big draw for neutrals, even less if we are playing at the same time.
I really can't see UEFA putting any of the host nations at a major competitive disadvantage by playing their final group game away to another host nation

Also on your point UEFA will want to fill these stadiums as best as possible so it would be stupid to schedule on Matchday 3 a game at the Aviva kicking off at the same time as Ireland are playing in Bilbao, or having a dead rubber at Hampden while Scotland are playing England at Wembley etc.

I would be confident that away games for any host nations will be scheduled for Matchdays 1 or 2

Posted By: Mr_T
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:09pm
Read back this thread and am totally lost as to what to do now!! Thumbs UpBig smile

Not had time to look at the UEFA application thing, i hope to get to Georgia as well as having been in Denmark and have season tickets so hopefully I'll be ok to get FAI allocation, but feels risky not to apply here too?  

But date clashes and rule about not getting tickets for 2 games the same day has my brain fried at this stage.

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:09am
The way the random draw is structured, there is nothing to stop anybody applying for tickets to games on every day as you don't make any commitment to pay now, is that right?

This is going to massively inflate the draw numbers - I can actually see a lot not being taken up in this round (assuming they do the draw once only) with people firing in all sorts of random applications now and deciding later not to take them up when they have to pay. Might not be the case for Dublin but definitely other cities

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:15am

I applied for tickets earlier today.  Hope I didn't make a big mistake.  Did the 15h June game in Dublin, 20th June in Dublin and 24th June in Bilbao I think.  Ticked the box for all categories. 

Hope I wont be lumbered with a huge bill for games I dont need.  Is there a sell them back to UEFA system in operation if your team doesn't qualify?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

The way the random draw is structured, there is nothing to stop anybody applying for tickets to games on every day as you don't make any commitment to pay now, is that right?

This is going to massively inflate the draw numbers - I can actually see a lot not being taken up in this round (assuming they do the draw once only) with people firing in all sorts of random applications now and deciding later not to take them up when they have to pay. Might not be the case for Dublin but definitely other cities

I thought that but my reading is if you apply for every game, if successful you pay for everything in one go or nothing. You can’t cherry pick, so doing your plan could leave you with a huge bill. The application process generates a total charge for each application.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:10am
Applied for 2 Cat 3 tickets for all the Dublin games.

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Read back this thread and am totally lost as to what to do now!! Thumbs UpBig smile

Not had time to look at the UEFA application thing, i hope to get to Georgia as well as having been in Denmark and have season tickets so hopefully I'll be ok to get FAI allocation, but feels risky not to apply here too?  

But date clashes and rule about not getting tickets for 2 games the same day has my brain fried at this stage.

Join Scabsoff88. you don't need a record but you just need to be in the clique. tickets sorted  

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Applied for 2 Cat 3 tickets for all the Dublin games.

I think that’s the best option.

Will have a pop at the cheap ones for the final too.

-------------

Posted By: Lansdown Roar
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:51am
Would there be any difference between applying for cat 2 or 3 in terms of increased chances? Was thinking less people might apply for cat 2

-------------
They've only gone and done it

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Would there be any difference between applying for cat 2 or 3 in terms of increased chances? Was thinking less people might apply for cat 2

Your best chance will be CAT1 which has the large majority of seats.

Then 2

Then 3

Simples 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:34pm

Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Your best chance will be CAT1 which has the large majority of seats.

Then 2

Then 3

Simples 

Definitely but the cost of Cat 1s is ridiculous.  I think they'd be impossible to offload if we didn't make it.  

Applying for Cat 2 is not so bad and does increase chances over Cat 3.  

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:43pm
As someone said earlier, even if Ireland do qualify, selling half the Aviva at €185 a ticket, We barely sell out for playoffs/Germany at home at €70 a pop. 

Buying €185 (or even €125) tickets when we've about a 30% chance of us being there, not for me.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

As someone said earlier, even if Ireland do qualify, selling half the Aviva at €185 a ticket, We barely sell out for playoffs/Germany at home at €70 a pop. 

Buying €185 (or even €125) tickets when we've about a 30% chance of us being there, not for me.
Can you not remember people paying €300 in Bordeaux? A lot probably haven’t been to a game since but the Euros puts some people mad

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Can you not remember people paying €300 in Bordeaux? A lot probably haven’t been to a game since but the Euros puts some people mad
Was that when we were guaranteed to play there? If Ireland had already qualified people would pay it. Nobody is going to pay that to watch a random match in the slim hope we qualify.
Most would rather pay nothing now and double in the eventuality that we do.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

I thought that but my reading is if you apply for every game, if successful you pay for everything in one go or nothing. You can’t cherry pick, so doing your plan could leave you with a huge bill. The application process generates a total charge for each application.

Yeah you pay straight away if successful, from other posts though if we qualify and aren't in Dublin on a given day and you have a ticket for a game in Dublin then you can get a ticket for our game say in Bilbao, I could be wrong but that's my understanding.

Just going to wait for the follow my team / fai allocation if we get through.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 4:57pm

There was massive demand for Denmark home in 2017.

I believe selling out the Aviva at €185 (most of the tickets as everything between the corner flags) will be no problem if we are there.  However if we don't make it Poland, Northern Ireland and Wales just about are the only ones.  The Rof16 game should sellout to England fans.  

Poland are on course to be a top seed so cannot draw Spain who also seem likely to be one.  There is a good chance we could end up in the same playoff as Wales and Northern Ireland which would help demand for Dublin as the winners would most likely be drawn here.

If applying for any tickets be prepared to use them or forfeit the money.  Most games in 2012 in Ukraine were on the portal for the first half of 2012 non stop.  No chance to get your money back.
I expect many games to be like that and then massive demand for others.    

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 5:02pm
f**k it anyway I went balls deep and applied for 3 x CAT 1 tickets for the Dublin matches. I only have 3 aways from the 9 listed on the previous page  so don't feel confident I'll get sorted with FAI allocation. Will worry about the Bilbao match in November/December ballot. 

Regardless I'm still going to the matches in the unlikely event we don't qualify. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: hoofy
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:35pm

I think alot of applicants are unaware that if you get your chosen games and you want to go ahead and purchase that you have to financially commit to all the games you applied for and not a selection of the games you applied for

Everyone should only apply for what you are willing to afford under the risk that we won't qualify. I'm just applying for Cat 3 for all the 4 Dublin games and for Fans First for the final despite the odds being low I will get any, no way I am committing to paying €125 or €180 for tickets to games at the Aviva that could end up being Hungary vs Bosnia

Posted By: CaroG
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:55pm
I'm thinking of applying for one Category 3 ticket for all of the Dublin games as if we didn't qualify might go to a few games. If successful in this application and if we qualify, would I still get a ticket via FAI and portal such as follow my team later on? Or would the fact that I got one originally from Uefa come against me? Would just rather be in a section with regular away trippers.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:56pm
If you get offered tickets can you turn them down?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by CaroG CaroG wrote:

I'm thinking of applying for one Category 3 ticket for all of the Dublin games as if we didn't qualify might go to a few games. If successful in this application and if we qualify, would I still get a ticket via FAI and portal such as follow my team later on? Or would the fact that I got one originally from Uefa come against me? Would just rather be in a section with regular away trippers.
You won't get one as far as I can tell. You'll already have a ticket against you so won't get another one 

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:18pm
Exactly... if you have tickets for matches on the same day as Ireland ones, you won't get any other tickets.

-------------

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:53pm
is the application for tickets on UEFA.com only open for certain times during the day(office hours?)went on there now to apply and can't see any platform to apply.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:00pm
I had an application in for tickets trough uefa but have decided to delete it after reading all this. I have a fairly Ok away record so I’ll take my chances with the FAI!!

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 9:48am
For 2012 & 2016 the FAI accounts were separate from your UEFA one.  I had the Warsaw semi final through UEFA and FMT to the final from the FAI which could have included the Warsaw SF. In 2016 I had the Lyon Rof16 game which ended up being the France match.  I also had a ticket via FMT.

I actually checked with the FAI and was told it was OK.  

It is certainly true that if you are allocated a Dublin ticket from UEFA you will not be able to buy a Bilbao ticket that day.  Even if you subsequently sell your Dublin ticket back via the portal I think you are often blocked (not certain here).  

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 10:16am

For 2012 & 2016 the FAI accounts were separate from your UEFA one.  I had the Warsaw semi final through UEFA and FMT to the final from the FAI which could have included the Warsaw SF. In 2016 I had the Lyon Rof16 game which ended up being the France match.  I also had a ticket via FMT.

I actually checked with the FAI and was told it was OK.  

It is certainly true that if you are allocated a Dublin ticket from UEFA you will not be able to buy a Bilbao ticket that day.  Even if you subsequently sell your Dublin ticket back via the portal I think you are often blocked (not certain here).  
So if I want to apply for tickets for the three Dublin games in the open ballot, I could open an account in my wifes or one of my parents names and use their Credit Card. Then if I'm successful in that and we qualify, just apply for the Bilbao game on it's own under my own FAI account and hope I can shift the ticket for the Dublin game I won't be using.

If we don't qualify, I'd still go to the matches in Dublin except for an England RO16 game.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 10:26am
That could work... the only thing is that you have to supply details for every ticket applicant and give addresses & passport numbers.

When I've done it in the past, I've always used different addresses where possible and mixed up the passport number with a single typo, so no automated checks show it as the same person. e.g. if your passport number is PG3729502, put it in as PG37295O2, and no one will ever notice that the letter "O" is used instead of the number "0". If your passport has a 0 or 1 in it, change it to O or l (lower case "L") and you'll bypass all automated checks.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net