You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 44>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:53pm
At what stage do the "Follow My Team" tickets become available to apply for? When all qualified teams are known I presume
Sponsored Links

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Should we qualify what do we reckon the requirement will be for tickets from the FAI? What was it at Euro 2012/16?

It'll be run like a regular away game so I imagine it will be a season ticket plus 'x' number of the last aways in order to get a ticket. 

Have you heard this from a good source or is it a guess?

I don't know and have been trying to find out how it will be done.  My best guess is that it isn't decided yet. 

It may well be as you suggest.  However there is a school of thought that season ticket holders should be looked after as well.  So you could offer one game to a season ticket holder particularly if we were lucky enough to have three at home.  

It's technically an away tournament so should be run like every other tournament has been, season ticket and x amount of aways.
You can't cater for every FAI season ticket holder who only goes to home games, it just wouldn't be possible. 

The FAI decide how to allocate the FAI's allocation.  There is an argument (I don't agree with it) that all season ticket holders should get one game each.  This is a historic home tournament.  

We could still be playing in Bilbao on any of the 3 matchdays.  Likewise Spain could be in Dublin on any of these days. 
You don’t agree that season ticket holders should be entitled to a ticket? Why? surely the most loyal fans should be looked after.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:01pm

Should we qualify what do we reckon the requirement will be for tickets from the FAI? What was it at Euro 2012/16?

It'll be run like a regular away game so I imagine it will be a season ticket plus 'x' number of the last aways in order to get a ticket. 

I don't know and have been trying to find out how it will be done.  My best guess is that it isn't decided yet. 

It may well be as you suggest.  However there is a school of thought that season ticket holders should be looked after as well.  So you could offer one game to a season ticket holder particularly if we were lucky enough to have three at home.  

It's technically an away tournament so should be run like every other tournament has been, season ticket and x amount of aways.
You can't cater for every FAI season ticket holder who only goes to home games, it just wouldn't be possible. 

The FAI decide how to allocate the FAI's allocation.  There is an argument (I don't agree with it) that all season ticket holders should get one game each.  This is a historic home tournament.  

We could still be playing in Bilbao on any of the 3 matchdays.  Likewise Spain could be in Dublin on any of these days. 
Yes i understand that the FAI allocate the tickets. I'm saying if they follow the way they've done every other game and 2016 then it's season ticket holders with away record and then other season ticket holders which I'm assuming is done by ballot. 

I also don't agree that each season ticket holder should get one each. That would be grossly unfair on anyone who's travelled across Europe and to every home game.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

At what stage do the "Follow My Team" tickets become available to apply for? When all qualified teams are known I presume
Yeah when teams qualify. Think it's December and then after the playoffs for the others 
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

You don’t agree that season ticket holders should be entitled to a ticket? Why? surely the most loyal fans should be looked after.

Careful now, there are different level of loyal didn't you know??!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

I think he means that each season ticket holder would be given just 1 game each if we were to qualify which would be unfair on those who have excellent away records and they were treated the same as someone who's been to say 2 or 3 home games 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:18pm
Ok, I presume all away regulars will be sorted for all three games, what is there about 2,000 supporters who will have 2 or more away games this campaign. I presume the vast majority of them will have season tickets either trough their supporters club or independently so they should be sorted for all the home games but when it comes to just season ticket holders and there is an over subscription for the games you should be entitled to one ticket for at least one of the games. 
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

A season ticket will be very far from being enough. You'll definitely need a good away record if we do qualify.

I suppose it is possible to apply for tickets for all the Dublin games which is 50/50 to host all our games if we qualify automatically, will definitely have two Ireland games if we qualify and, even if we are away to Spain in Bilbao, there'll be 1/3 chance that you can get the ticket for the Bilbao game without having to sell the Dublin game ticket, if we are away to Spain in the middle game.

And if we don't qualify, then at least you'll have tickets for all three group games in Dublin.

Sorta my thinking too. Applied for all four in Dublin (Cat C), though ticked box to accept higher category. If France 2016 anything to go by, no way will I get all four. Got one I applied for there, turned out to be Wales v Slovakia in Bordeaux, which I was going to anyway whether we qualified or not, so it worked out handily after we did qualify. If we qualify for 2020 I'd be confident of getting tickets for all our group games (and anymore games if we get outta group) due to season ticket and away record, so if there's any clashes for any tickets I get in the ballot I'll try and resell them at face value. I seem to remember a resale portal for 2016, so assuming it will be same this time round.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

A season ticket will be very far from being enough. You'll definitely need a good away record if we do qualify.

I suppose it is possible to apply for tickets for all the Dublin games which is 50/50 to host all our games if we qualify automatically, will definitely have two Ireland games if we qualify and, even if we are away to Spain in Bilbao, there'll be 1/3 chance that you can get the ticket for the Bilbao game without having to sell the Dublin game ticket, if we are away to Spain in the middle game.

And if we don't qualify, then at least you'll have tickets for all three group games in Dublin.

Sorta my thinking too. Applied for all four in Dublin (Cat C), though ticked box to accept higher category. If France 2016 anything to go by, no way will I get all four. Got one I applied for there, turned out to be Wales v Slovakia in Bordeaux, which I was going to anyway whether we qualified or not, so it worked out handily after we did qualify. If we qualify for 2020 I'd be confident of getting tickets for all our group games (and anymore games if we get outta group) due to season ticket and away record, so if there's any clashes for any tickets I get in the ballot I'll try and resell them at face value. I seem to remember a resale portal for 2016, so assuming it will be same this time round.

I'd be wary of that bit. For Euro 2016 you couldn't buy tickets for more than one game per day. Not sure if the same rule applies this time around but if it does and you get tickets for the Dublin game in this ballot and then we end up in Bilbao on that day you won't get one for the away game.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

I'd be wary of that bit. For Euro 2016 you couldn't buy tickets for more than one game per day. Not sure if the same rule applies this time around but if it does and you get tickets for the Dublin game in this ballot and then we end up in Bilbao on that day you won't get one for the away game.

It does, aye. Worth the gamble, I think. No mission of getting all four in the ballot, I'd imagine. Case of crossing that bridge if I come to it Thumbs Up
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:51pm
The only one in Bilbao to apply for from our group is the one that's not on the same day as a match in Dublin. That's the middle one... and that leaves you open to us being in Bilbao for the first game, which would mean you go from Dublin to Bilbao to Dublin to Bilbao to Dublin, and that's before the group stage is even over!

I might leave it at applying for semi final and final tickets only, at this stage.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 12 Jun 2019 at 6:52pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:54pm
You could always apply for the knockout game in Dublin: the only way we'll be playing on the same day is if we win the group. Which will likely have Spain in it. No chance.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:04pm

You could always apply for the knockout game in Dublin: the only way we'll be playing on the same day is if we win the group. Which will likely have Spain in it. No chance.
Yeah think I'll do the same and just go for the knockout game in Dublin and go through fai allocation if we qualify 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:08pm
If you are successful in the raffle but then Ireland qualify, can you select to 'follow my team' and what do you do with the tickets you got through the raffle, put them back into the portal?
Similar, if our second game is in Bilbao but you had been successful for the Dublin game but now you are heading to Bilbao instead (ticketless even), are you able to sell the ticket for the Dublin game or do you return them or how would it work?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:15pm
Yeah, loads of us bought tickets the last time for a random game in Bordeaux thinking we wouldn't qualify, just sold them on the uefa portal then when we did 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:20pm

The only one in Bilbao to apply for from our group is the one that's not on the same day as a match in Dublin. That's the middle one... and that leaves you open to us being in Bilbao for the first game, which would mean you go from Dublin to Bilbao to Dublin to Bilbao to Dublin, and that's before the group stage is even over!

I might leave it at applying for semi final and final tickets only, at this stage.

Gotcha - do this just to cover bases to make sure we potentially have tickets to all Irish matches. But if we are away to Spain it isn't set in stone that it will be the second match of the group. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Gotcha - do this just to cover bases to make sure we potentially have tickets to all Irish matches. But if we are away to Spain it isn't set in stone that it will be the second match of the group. 

Personally I'm not going to bother doing this. You'll spend a couple of hundred on games we might not be in and if they aren't appealing games then you'll have a hard job shifting them unless of course you plan on going regardless.

If you've any sort of away record it looks like getting tickets through our own allocation might be the best way.

I'll probably just go with follow my team just incase we do get out of the group and to avoid the scramble for tickets.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

I know! My point is that that is the only game you can actually apply for certain that you'll not be screwed over as a result.

If you hold tickets for games on the same day as Ireland games, no matter how good your record, UEFA won't let you buy tickets for an Ireland match on the same day.

That being the case, the safest match to apply for is probably the second one, the Dublin game on its own, rather than the Bilbao one. If we are in Bilbao the following day, so be it. If we aren't, and are at home, all the better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 44>
  Share Topic