Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 46>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Villa a super club?
I mean Utd and Chelsea and Spurs. And Villa have been champions of Europe without the need of a cheque book to buy it..

Ah that old chestnut, 

The bitter footballing romantics of yesteryear will never die. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:03pm

Villa a super club?
I mean Utd and Chelsea and Spurs. And Villa have been champions of Europe without the need of a cheque book to buy it..

You’re joking me?
Sandwiched between Liverpool and Hamburg..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Villa a super club?

Ah that old chestnut, 

Eventually they will and you'll be left with the Jack Rodwells of this world...which do you prefer ?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:06pm
We all know that. Doesn’t make them a “super club” currently imo 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:07pm

Villa a super club?

Ah that old chestnut, 

Eventually they will and you'll be left with the Jack Rodwells of this world...which do you prefer ?

There’ll always be Rodwells, always has been 
Just like there’ll always be good players 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:08pm

We all know that. Doesn’t make them a “super club” currently imo 
I was referring to Utd, Chelsea and Spurs..As I said before
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:12pm
Anyone know what Martin Tyler was smoking tonight when he went on a rant about the Sadio Mane red card about 3 years ago at the Etihad, in relation to Ederson colliding with Garcia this evening?
The two incidents were nothing like each other 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:12pm

Villa a super club?

Ah that old chestnut, 

I've learned to accept that modern football has being going down this route for over 20 years now, year on year clubs and leagues are getting more and more obsessed with money, you either like it or lump it.

I certainly won't delve too deep into thinking that Chelsea's fans would care any less than what Aston Villa's fans think after their European Cup win just because one team was backed by billionaire and another team wasn't. 

Edited by Green Devil - 17 Jun 2020 at 11:17pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:23pm

Villa a super club?

Ah that old chestnut, 

I've learned to accept that modern football has being going down this route for over 20 years now, year on year clubs and leagues are getting more and more obsessed with money, you either like it or lump it.

I certainly don't delve too deep into thinking that Chelsea's fans would care any less than what Aston Villa's fans think after their European Cup win just because one team was backed by billionaire and another team wasn't. 
Each to their own, but I prefer it when football was generally decided by ability on the pitch rather than by a billionaires cheque book. Before you point out that football is still decided on the pitch, you know what I mean. Look at Leeds, Parma at al. Call me bitter if you must, but I come from a time of different standards. 

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:41pm
You're fully entitled to your opinion and of course I understand where you're coming from also Thumbs Up

I mean if you take a glance back to the powerhouses of European Football 40 years ago, you will still find Juventus, Real, Barca, Liverpool, Bayern etc to name but a few still dominating or being big players in their leagues as well as in Europe.

For me football is all about evolving and moving with the times so in turn why can't other clubs look to break up "the natural order" ? I think it's good to see PSG, Chelsea, City etc now popping up and challenging the old guard per say.

Anyhow, we've moved way off topic here 

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The 10 city fans on the screen make this City's biggest home crowd of the season
Jesus that is the most overdone joke at this stageEmbarrassed Paddy Power love using it. Their social media has gone to the dogs this last year
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:55am

I mean if you take a glance back to the powerhouses of European Football 40 years ago, you will still find Juventus, Real, Barca, Liverpool, Bayern etc to name but a few still dominating or being big players in their leagues as well as in Europe.
Dynamo Kiev
Dinamo Tbilisi
Anderlecht
Malmo
Gothenborg
St. Etienne
Red Star Belgrade
Benfica
Leeds LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 7:42am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

The 10 city fans on the screen make this City's biggest home crowd of the season
Jesus that is the most overdone joke at this stageEmbarrassed Paddy Power love using it. Their social media has gone to the dogs this last year

Some funny ****s waited all lockdown to craic that most obvious of jokes 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Green Devil<b> Green Devil wrote:

Luiz isn't capable of playing in a traditional back 4, I mean history time and time again backs that argument up.

He looked somewhat decent in a back 5 under Conte at Chelsea, mainly because there was always an extra player either side of him in the centre.

I've no sympathy for any team/manager that persists with him as one of two centre halves. 

True dat

He is not going to learn now and never will.
He has to play in a back 3 or holding midfielder.

He obviously can bring the ball out of defence and great passer of the ball but doesn’t have have the brain to defend.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 10:01am

Sh*te joke alright but I assume it got the usual ten thousand or so likes from Man Utd and Liverpool supporters - which is why they did it and why they will continue to do it.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:18pm

As funny as the lads tweeting I backed "Black lives matter" first goal.

Gary Lineker was nailed on to use that one.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:26pm
Well lads running a premier league last man standing starting Friday, half the money raised going to the charity ABetterLifeForLivie, anyone interested drop me a pm Thumbs Up
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Dynamo Kiev
Dinamo Tbilisi
Anderlecht
Malmo
Gothenborg
St. Etienne
Red Star Belgrade
Benfica
Leeds LOL
Seen that Tbilisi team in Anfield in 1979. Along with Saachis Milan team and Peps Barca team, they are the best club team i ever seen. Although they lost that game 2-1 to the best English team ever, they were incredible to watch. They won the second leg of the tie comfortably 3-0, before being controversial being eliminated in the QF. They went on to win the ECWC in 1981 hammering West Ham at Upton Park on the way. Myself and my dad went to see them against Waterford in Kilcohan Park in the first round and they kept the ball for practically the whole match. I read a couple of articles from journalists who were at Anfield that night and the common theme is that they were an amazing team that didn't get the plaudits they deserved. There success was over a short number of years and it didn't go down well with the Moscow authorities and a lot of referring decisions went against them in favour of the favoured Moscow teams and Kiev. I talked to some locals on the McGeady trip to Georgia about that team and the y were thrilled that someone remembered it. Got a few scoops bought for me as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 46>
  Share Topic