Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 46>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 7:21pm
Apart from United's games I've more interest in how the Championship finishes up due to Irish involvement and hope to see Leeds come up this year. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Arsenal are very interesting imo, they look diabolical at times yet Arteta has lost very few matches in recent times. Much like Spurs, they are teams who I have a gut feeling about putting a run together. Logically, Chelsea and Wolves should take 4th and 5th, but I think there could be a fierce battle yet.
I actually reckon Arsenal could be well suited to the empty stadiums, they're a team that always look edgy with crowds get on their backs.

I think United will finish 8th or 9th as they are a truly awful side, with the worst manager in the PL by a distance, and with Pogba hopefully back playing the failures will be glorious as everyone wonders how they can't succeed with such world beaters as that impostor LOL
What odds Pogba decides to play for a transfer and becomes a world beater for the month. Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford and Martial all on form could be a great combo.

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Do people really care anymore? All the leagues just seem a bit pointless now with no fans and such a long break. 
Kinda feeling the same way but I'm sure after 10 live games next weekend we'll all be back in the swing.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 8:41pm

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 8:43pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 8:43pm
24 goals and 25 assists in 102 PL games for Pogba. World Cup winner, including decisive goal in the final. Multiple title wins in a top league. Every single person who's been at the training ground, past player past coach or otherwise speaks of his positive attitude and leadership, even players who left the club in acrimonious circumstances and have no reason to sugar coat anything. You won't get a single person who's spent time in Carrington to speak badly of him. Agent is constantly angling for a move but he has the same agent as De Ligt and Haaland, Haaland in particular being a player United were fools to miss out on supposedly despite having Raiola for an agent. But yeah, it's him that's the toxic problem LOL

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 8:43pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Apart from United's games I've more interest in how the Championship finishes up due to Irish involvement and hope to see Leeds come up this year. 

Me too. Leeds are a club that should be in the Premier League. A proper good support and genuinely big club. Barring a couple of renditions of 'we're BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM' the Premier League's support genuinely is atrocious. Leeds have a great one any time i see them.

I also think that there's no more disheartening thing for a club about where they are when their historic rivals genuinely wish them the best LOL

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 8:53pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

24 goals and 25 assists in 102 PL games for Pogba. World Cup winner, including decisive goal in the final. Multiple title wins in a top league. Every single person who's been at the training ground, past player past coach or otherwise speaks of his positive attitude and leadership, even players who left the club in acrimonious circumstances and have no reason to sugar coat anything. You won't get a single person who's spent time in Carrington to speak badly of him. Agent is constantly angling for a move but he has the same agent as De Ligt and Haaland, Haaland in particular being a player United were fools to miss out on supposedly despite having Raiola for an agent. But yeah, it's him that's the toxic problem LOL

Well they knew what they were dealing with with his agent when they were paying him £20m as part of the transfer 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Well they knew what they were dealing with with his agent when they were paying him £20m as part of the transfer 

True, but i don't think he turns up to United's dressing room as a bad influence after every training session, and i didn't see every top club in England declaring they wouldn't touch the likes of De Ligt, Donnarumma and Haaland with a barge pole over it.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 9:04pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 9:15pm

Me too. Leeds are a club that should be in the Premier League. A proper good support and genuinely big club. Barring a couple of renditions of 'we're BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM' the Premier League's support genuinely is atrocious. Leeds have a great one any time i see them.

I also think that there's no more disheartening thing for a club about where they are when their historic rivals genuinely wish them the best LOL

It was the same with Man City under Keegan for me. I wanted City to come back to the EPL and they played really good football under him from what I remember. It was only because I wanted United's cross-city rival to be back in the EPL. 

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 9:20pm

It was the same with Man City under Keegan for me. I wanted City to come back to the EPL and they played really good football under him from what I remember. It was only because I wanted United's cross-city rival to be back in the EPL. 

There's nothing better than getting one over on rivals. it's what football is all about, no matter how big or small a team is. Everyone who says 'X former local rival is just an irrelevance to us now' is still looking at the fixture list to see when they're playing them.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 9:37pm

I know Newcastle have an atrocious record the last 5/6 times they played Sunderland and as much as their fans are getting a laugh out of Sunderland's demise, there must be some part of them that misses the derby with their biggest rivals.   

There's nothing better than getting one over on rivals. it's what football is all about, no matter how big or small a team is. Everyone who says 'X former local rival is just an irrelevance to us now' is still looking at the fixture list to see when they're playing them.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 9:45pm
Absolutely. Put it this way, no matter how much Celtic say that its a Newco formed in 2012 with no history, and in my book they are right, there's a reason why Parkhead is full for those games and not for St Johnstone. And deep down, none of their fans wanted to see rangers down in the third division forever with no opportunity to beat them and remind them every time till the next game that they beat them. Rivalry makes football.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 9:48pm
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Do people really care anymore? All the leagues just seem a bit pointless now with no fans and such a long break. 

I would agree to an extent, it's a completely different sport now and the integrity of lots of leagues and competitions could be questioned. At the same time, it's nice to watch football at any time. Even if the games aren't a patch on the standard they were months ago.

I have to say as well, the piped in crowd noises are embarrassing. 

Alot of Bundesliga games have been quite entertaining, and that's coming from someone who normally wouldn't watch that league, same with La Liga this weekend .......I honestly think the lack of a crowd would only come into affect watching the team you support .........from a neutral point of view I've not seen anything life changing and certainly not in the standard of play
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 10:11pm

That was a great City side, by Championship standards

Shaun Wright Philips, Eyal Berkovic, Ali Benarbia, Darren Huckerby, Shaun Goater, Paolo Wanchope in attack, Stuart Pearce and Richard Dunne at the back

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:41pm
Brittle Arsenal coming back. Two subs already due to injury. 

Haven't heard the full details but apparently they only flew up ton Manchester 3 hours before kick-off. Can understand it might help limit potential spread but leaving it that close to kick-off is madness.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Brittle Arsenal coming back. Two subs already due to injury. 

Haven't heard the full details but apparently they only flew up ton Manchester 3 hours before kick-off. Can understand it might help limit potential spread but leaving it that close to kick-off is madness.

Sure the GAA lads have to play matches after getting up at 4am to milk the cows, then spread the silage and going to Sunday mass
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:53pm
English f0-0tball just isn't the same since C0-0vid. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:59pm
Can see Arsenal getting a draw here. Woeful miss by Sterling. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 9:03pm
David Luiz back to his best
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 46>
  Share Topic