Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 46>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:33pm
If Everton had 4/5 more points on the board they'd have had an outside squeak. They've left too much to do though, so their season will probably peter out.

Arsenal are very interesting imo, they look diabolical at times yet Arteta has lost very few matches in recent times. Much like Spurs, they are teams who I have a gut feeling about putting a run together. Logically, Chelsea and Wolves should take 4th and 5th, but I think there could be a fierce battle yet.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 14 Jun 2020 at 4:34pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:34pm
I see the lockdown has hampered your supply of decent bait
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:36pm
I had this absolutely mad feeling that the team currently in fifth would be mentioned in the top 8 or 9 teams in the running for it ahead of all these teams that have been diabolical, but i caught myself on fairly quickly. Madness, ludicrous and laughable, really.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Give the man some sympathy. He has to stomach cultivating a liking for a Mourinho team now to cling onto United being finished and ending the season 8th at best, these are testing times LOL

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 4:39pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Give the man some sympathy. He has to stomach cultivating a liking for a Mourinho team now to cling onto United being finished and ending the season 8th at best, these are testing times LOL

I would never ever cultivate a like for Mourinho. He is vermin and it will end in tears at Spurs for him. A strange and terrible appointment by a club that had made huge progress.

The season is now in a very weird place, momentum will be everything and I have a feeling about a few sides. No harm in that.

I think United will finish 8th or 9th as they are a truly awful side, with the worst manager in the PL by a distance, and with Pogba hopefully back playing the failures will be glorious as everyone wonders how they can't succeed with such world beaters as that impostor LOL

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:44pm
Do people really care anymore? All the leagues just seem a bit pointless now with no fans and such a long break. 

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:46pm

The desperation is evident
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Do people really care anymore? All the leagues just seem a bit pointless now with no fans and such a long break. 

I would agree to an extent, it's a completely different sport now and the integrity of lots of leagues and competitions could be questioned. At the same time, it's nice to watch football at any time. Even if the games aren't a patch on the standard they were months ago.

I have to say as well, the piped in crowd noises are embarrassing. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:49pm

As with 99 percent of the time regards United, I will turn out to be correct. Little will be said at that stage of course. We have been here before many many times.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I would never ever cultivate a like for Mourinho. He is vermin and it will end in tears at Spurs for him. A strange and terrible appointment by a club that had made huge progress.

The season is now in a very weird place, momentum will be everything and I have a feeling about a few sides. No harm in that.

I think United will finish 8th or 9th as they are a truly awful side, with the worst manager in the PL by a distance, and with Pogba hopefully back playing the failures will be glorious as everyone wonders how they can't succeed with such world beaters as that impostor LOL

Don't support any team but the failures will be 'glorious'. Mourinho is vermin and it'll end in tears, but have a funny feeling despite nothing indicating it that they will be in the 8 team race for top 4 that doesn't include a team playing far better most recently, and above them. Ok. LOL

So 8th for United then. Let's see how that works out!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:57pm
8th or 9th for United actually is what I've said just to be clear. If the likes of Everton had a few more points in the bag United would be in real danger of finishing bottom half this season, but those teams around midtable can't really be trusted to get a decent run of form together.

There is absolutely no need for me to support any side, to realise that United are a poisonous football club right now. That is clear as day. If I'd supported United all my life I'd still realise this, as many life long United fans have in recent years.

I've never ever changed course on Mourinho. He is vermin.

As for your comments about recent form, well that's just hilarious. There is no recent form. Actually, I'd go so far as to say that this is the longest break that top flight English players have had all the way back to the war times. I'd imagine that was the last time a longer break happened. So your recent form comment is hilarious tbh.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 14 Jun 2020 at 5:01pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 5:03pm

As with 99 percent of the time regards United, I will turn out to be correct. Little will be said at that stage of course. We have been here before many many times.

I'm sh*te at football, but i'd win the World Cup if i could decide how and when the goalposts get moved LOL 

You vigorously defended the quality of the league this year because Liverpool are going to win it. When Mourinho's united finished 2nd behind City it was indicative of the Premier League being the worst it's ever been. And have regularly predicted that United will finish lower than they ever have in the 7 years since they last won a title. Closer to the relegation spots than Champions League a few times. 

When Klopp or Pochettino's teams beat a lower team, its beating whats in front of you and you have to do it. When United do it, it's the one time in football history that the table does in fact lie, because all the wins come from the fodder. When they actually have the nerve to go out and beat a Liverpool or a Tottenham, it's actually funny really, to see how far theyve fallen, coming to Anfield/WHL and playing like a Championship team in the FA Cup.

But all of this doesn't mean one can't have faith in United, certainly not. Someone could get a 'funny feeling' despite that United are in terminal decline, glorious failure, gleeful 'youd really worry about United' faux-concern, that despite them being "abysmal" they could turn it around. If Tottenham could do it, why can't the team 10 games unbeaten above them? Not a chance mate. 

I don't care who likes or hates United, but you can't masquerade as an impartial observer whilst doing so. LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 5:09pm

8th or 9th for United actually is what I've said just to be clear. If the likes of Everton had a few more points in the bag United would be in real danger of finishing bottom half this season, but those teams around midtable can't really be trusted to get a decent run of form together.

There is absolutely no need for me to support any side, to realise that United are a poisonous football club right now. That is clear as day. If I'd supported United all my life I'd still realise this, as many life long United fans have in recent years.

I've never ever changed course on Mourinho. He is vermin.

As for your comments about recent form, well that's just hilarious. There is no recent form. Actually, I'd go so far as to say that this is the longest break that top flight English players have had all the way back to the war times. I'd imagine that was the last time a longer break happened. So your recent form comment is hilarious tbh.

Well, United had a fair few long breaks where 'there was no form' under the same Jose Mourinho, even after he guided them to a 2nd place finish where nobody was stopping that City side, and there were no feelings that he might guide them to the Champions League the next season, in fact im pretty sure fairly detailed counter arguments were drawn up LOL

There is no form, but there are managers, backroom teams and tactics. The worst manager in premier league history managed to get enough right to go 10 games unbeaten before the break. Spurs have done little right since Mourinho was hired. Might be a case of bias beating intuition. LOL

I am still a big fan of Mourinho. Think a game like friday's with a long time to prepare against an attacking team plays right into his hands and he could well win it. But Spurs is a bad fit for him and he'll come to nothing there IMO. They are however the one team i wouldn't begrudge a bit of success as a vindication for the man himself.

I will however stick my neck out and say you haven't a prayer of United finishing 8th or lower even in your wildest dreams. And before this season began, i was pessimistic enough that i did predict that United would finish 7th or lower. But, from what i've seen this season, there are not 5 teams better than United in the Premier League this year. The table does not lie.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 5:14pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 5:20pm
Those 2 posts are like something from a dyslexic on speed.

I said United were sh*te under Mourinho because United were sh*te under Mourinho. They finished 2nd in the PL and I said that Liverpool would finish miles ahead the following season, many scoffed probably including yourself. Did Liverpool finish something like 40 points ahead of United the next season while also winning the CL? LOL

I have never ever changed my tune regarding Mourinho, he is vermin. As for United, its clear that they are now a despicable entity. I had the greatest of respect for United many years ago, even if Fergie was a c*nt, they had brilliant sides and players that I loved watching.

Solskjaer now manages United. This makes me think it actually is possible for Mike Bassett to return as England manager for real yet. There have been plenty of managers out of their depth in football through the years, but never have I seen one so comically out of his depth.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 5:48pm

Those 2 posts are like something from a dyslexic on speed.

I said United were sh*te under Mourinho because United were sh*te under Mourinho. They finished 2nd in the PL and I said that Liverpool would finish miles ahead the following season, many scoffed probably including yourself. Did Liverpool finish something like 40 points ahead of United the next season while also winning the CL? LOL

I have never ever changed my tune regarding Mourinho, he is vermin. As for United, its clear that they are now a despicable entity. I had the greatest of respect for United many years ago, even if Fergie was a c*nt, they had brilliant sides and players that I loved watching.

Solskjaer now manages United. This makes me think it actually is possible for Mike Bassett to return as England manager for real yet. There have been plenty of managers out of their depth in football through the years, but never have I seen one so comically out of his depth.

Flippant comments aside i'm fairly sure it was all quite coherent Thumbs Up

Not sure Liverpool winning the CL has any relevance. Fair play to them, they deserved it, not what was being said. You've argued against any lack of quality in the league when Liverpool are finishing top this year, but it was a laughably poor league when United came 2nd a couple years ago - despite the fact that the following year, the two Champions League finalists were both teams that came behind that abysmal, laughable, joke shop United team. They must have really been a joke! In any event, it's irrelevant because Liverpool winning the Champions League doesn't make Norwich City a better team. The quality of the league is alternately poor and great depending on the teams finishing higher up in it here. 

Arsenal finished ahead of United last season. As did spurs. Mourinho only came in after a while this season, but that would make Unai Emery the most comically out of his depth manager in the Premier League as he was - at the time of his sacking - behind that laughable joke shop team with Mike Bassett managing. In fact, so was Pochettino. Pub manager stuff, i mean really. How bad must they be to not be able to get ahead of a vile despicable club with the worst manager in the Premier League by a distance?

You've never changed your tune regarding Mourinho, but this is the first time you've a funny feeling he'll drag them from 8th to 4th, despite all signs pointing to them being utterly atrocious, Mourinho more likely to drag united to 12th place than the champions league at the time, toxic manager perfectly suited to a club in freefall. I fail to understand how a team can finish 2nd and they have no chance of Champions League the next year, won't be within an asses roar of it, but the same manager, doing poorly at another team in 8th place, is gonna magically get them into the CL. Whatever could the common denominator be? I wonder. It certainly isn't the incredible quality that 'vermin' will get out of his players at Spurs. LOL

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 5:51pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 6:06pm
My point (in case i was dyslexic there again) is that when you give all these 'In the cold light of day this is the bitter truth, they're going nowhere' analyses of United, it only works if the teams that have done objectively worse than them in previous years didn't get the magical 'i just have a feeling' benefit of the doubt based on nothing. For example, if United finished 2nd in 2018, you can't say that the quality of the league is atrocious, the team that finished 2nd is muck, and then big up two teams below United as great sides. They finished below, it was argued that the league was sh*t and that's why Mourinho's United came second, and there's no getting around that. Must've been a good league if they made it to the CL final the next year, Spurs didn't even buy anyone. But of course, that was a sh*t league and this year's league is far better. It tends to give away a lack of impartiality is all. LOL

Also, on the 'despicable entity' stuff - just curious to know why that is too as it's quite bizarre, have seen quite a few recent examples of despicable entities in the Premier League but can't remember United being one. Donated and helped out with the efforts for the virus, no attempts to take advantage of the furlough system, Rashford donated 400 grand of his own money to schoolchildren so they could have meals - what makes them despicable? They have dickhead owners, sure, but theyre no Abu Dhabi or Saudi Arabia. They're an investment group the exact same as FSG (but without the furlough attempt that they and Spurs tried), no repressive regime control like City and Newcastle, no notable incidents of fan racism or owner crime links like Chelsea, no incidents of publicly supporting player racism, i could go on. As historic success has no impact on a neutral, why are they more despicable than any other PL club, particularly the rest of the top 6?

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 6:20pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 6:51pm
City turned their ground into a base for the NHS among other things during the lockdown, if we are talking of clubs doing good things. Rashford deserves a lot of praise for his charity work also

United will finish 5th I think. They were in great form before the break and Fernandes has transformed them. 
Talk of 8th/9th is laughable Hans

Haven’t much interest in the resumption, it’ll be drab enough watching games in empty stadium (enter Gary McKays joke about the Emptyhad here)

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Jun 2020 at 6:53pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

City turned their ground into a base for the NHS among other things during the lockdown, if we are talking of clubs doing good things. Rashford deserves a lot of praise for his charity work also

United will finish 5th I think. They were in great form before the break and Fernandes has transformed them. 
Talk of 8th/9th is laughable Hans

Haven’t much interest in the resumption, it’ll be drab enough watching games in empty stadium (enter Gary McKays joke about the Emptyhad here)

For that City do deserve credit. 

I don't think i'll watch very many games that United aren't involved in, if any. Glad to have a team i support back, but games in empty stadiums are very weird. It's like snooker, when i'm not personally invested i'll watch it if im hungover and need something to stare at for a while, but i don't normally get entertained by it. League is done and dusted, have no interest really after that in how the other teams get on, and watching games played in empty stadia just isn't all that entertaining.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 7:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 46>
  Share Topic