Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 46>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 9:44am
Two players who've had very good seasons were torn apart on Saturday evening against City, Chilwell and Soyuncu
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 10:59am
Good Man Hans LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Either a very late night or very early to be on the sauce Hans 

I work nights and was catching up on the football highlights in the middle of the night. Gary Neville genuinely looks unwell having to keep backing Ole LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 12:54pm
Hans doesn't sleep
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 6:29pm
Just seen that Palace winner. Clap
Unbelievable bit of skill with the added bonus of making Declan Rice look a tit when he turned him. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 6:06pm
Feckin VAR ridiculous Norwich second goal disallowed.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:42pm
Rio Ferdinands face when the BT presenter just said that Solskjaer has more defeats in 38 games than Moyes had in 53 as manager of United LOL If I had one wish for the new year it's that Ole stays at the wheel for a few more years and gives a huge amount of football fans all the fun and laughter they could only have dreamt of in times past.

I wonder is there a single delusional person out there regularly watching United and not thinking that spending 120-130 million? on Maguire and Wan Bissaka is some of the most comical transfer business any football club has ever done. That back 4 that started tonight against Arsenal cost close to 200 million didn't it LOL LOL LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 10:53pm
Wan bissaka seems to have been a real let down. Seemed to get forward a lot more when he was at palace. Does he ever go forward now or has he set up a single goal all season? I thought he was going to be a better version of himself at palace but clearly not.

Edited by doherty - 01 Jan 2020 at 10:54pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 11:22pm
He's a speedster with absolutely no craft in his play. As good as he is in 1 v 1s defensively, he is actually awful at 1 vs 1s in attacking positions. His positioning defensively is very poor at times, but that should be no surprise as he was never a natural FB when a younger player and has been converted from a winger.

Tbh, it is hilarious that United paid such a massive sum of money for a player with such glaring deficiencies in his game. They were looking for young English players who were also pacey and I can understand that as they had become a total plodding football team. If you are shelling out that much money though, you should be getting a player of the very highest standard for a number of years. I've watched a lot of Crystal Palace this season (a team I thought would crash and burn to relegation tbh) and they don't miss Wan Bissaka at all defensively.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 11:43pm
Dan James impact has been minimal the past few months also, bar the odd assist.

A lot of Man United fans I know were getting ahead of themselves, any young winger has to keep reinventing their game or they will get sussed out very quickly in the PL.

Any team that sits back and denies United space really do curb their attacking threat well, now this is down to a number of things between lacking creativity in midfield, tactics/game plan or lack of from the manager etc

I could see United going another few years without Champions League football because Chelsea will only get better (they'll start spending big again) , Spurs will also improve in Jose's second season I would imagine and then who knows what the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Wolves etc will do in the near future.

Edited by Green Devil - 01 Jan 2020 at 11:44pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Dan James impact has been minimal the past few months also, bar the odd assist.

A lot of Man United fans I know were getting ahead of themselves, any young winger has to keep reinventing their game or they will get sussed out very quickly in the PL.

Any team that sits back and denies United space really do curb their attacking threat well, now this is down to a number of things between lacking creativity in midfield, tactics/game plan or lack of from the manager etc

I could see United going another few years without Champions League football because Chelsea will only get better (they'll start spending big again) , Spurs will also improve in Jose's second season I would imagine and then who knows what the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Wolves etc will do in the near future.

Im no utd fan or anything but at the start i didnt see what the fuss was about James. But as the months have gone on hes played really well IMO. Got a good few assists and a few goals if i remember esp at the start of the season. He defo has a lot of potential to get even better.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 11:54pm
James has been sussed alright, but tbf to him he's relatively young and could go on to be a very decent player for United if coached properly. That won't happen under the current regime though.

There are so many players there who are complete wasters. Martial who is a brilliant finisher imo, is a complete waster most days. Doesn't try a leg and yet Solskjaer wouldn't dare drop him. Lingard is simply an appalling player, he came through the academy though so he's obviously great. Perreira is another truly awful player but he's an academy product also so he's a great lad. 

The whole playing all these young lads schtick that Solskjaer is banking on keeping him in a job will surely run dry soon. The fans and owners can't be that thick that they fall for this for a year or 2 more could they? Look at their points tally, they will be 29 points off top spot after 21 PL games if Liverpool won their games in hand LOL they are heading for a season total of about 50 odd points in the PL, that is another level of shocking for a club having spent billions on wages and transfer fees over recent years.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 9:19am
Martial must be one of the most inconsistent players in the league.
Can look world class one week and then does nothing for the next six!

Rashford a bit like that too but not quite as bad

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:33pm
Great isnt it.

Id give my left testicle for Slur Alex to come back on here for a day next May.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:53am
Villa confirm Tom Heaton and Wesley both out for the season. Given that McGinn isn't likely to play much more either it's very hard to see them staying up at this stage.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Villa confirm Tom Heaton and Wesley both out for the season. Given that McGinn isn't likely to play much more either it's very hard to see them staying up at this stage.

If it happened in February I'd agree, but happening at start of Jan is a God send for them, plenty of time to replace, and even upgrade, both Wesley and Heaton.

Whoever they get in on loan is likely to be an upgrade on Wesley - someone like Giroud should be obtainable, has barely played but should be desperate for regular football to get back in France's squad for Euro 2020.

Butland only has 18 mths on his contract too, might not be too expensive
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Butland only has 18 mths on his contract too, might not be too expensive

With the threat of FFP hanging over them, plus a bloated, under-performing squad, Stoke are looking to sell players who might fetch a fee and/or reduce a huge wage bill.

And Michael O'Neill needs to fill a couple of glaring gaps in his team (CB, LB, RW etc), so Butland could well be for sale, esp since he's been awful this season.

Edited by Territorial - 03 Jan 2020 at 2:55pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:40pm
Is it amazing to see the PR spin job that goes on as regards United. Darren Fletcher talking as if it was almost a positive nights work for United LOL Keep Ole at the wheel Clap

Even Stuart Pearce is getting sucked into this. Talking about how successful Ole has been in the transfer market. Maguire and Wan Bissaka huge successes LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 46>
  Share Topic