Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Europa League Final 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 7:36am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Sarri supposedly stormed out of training earlier.. trouble in the camp 
Possibly his last game in charge ?

I’m really surprised after the league cup final shambles he managed to get Chelsea 3rd and to the Europa league final.

He should play the No.2 keeper and leave after this match.

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 7:57am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

6000 tickets to each club , this gets worse and in a 68,000 seat stadium .

6000 was too many for Arsenal 
Pathetic they can’t sell out their allocation for a European final 

It's in f**king Baku.

It's a disaster to get to, it's a weeknight, any number of the fans will already have been all over Europe following them in the Europa League, it necessitates another three days off work; I can see why they can't sell 6,000 tickets for it.

Baku was literally a provincial Soviet backwater until about 30 years ago.

So why the furore when they only got 6k tickets each? 
Which one is it? 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:28am
Totally forgot this was on tonight until a work colleague said it to me
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:42am
If Arsenal win (gulp) and Spurs who will lose on Saturday, will Spurs be out of the CL 19/20?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Is it early or late, could be interesting to see if Sarri flips out
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:58am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I didn’t know it was on tonight at all. I don’t think I wanted to know either! 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:02am
No real interest in it but might give a look from a betting point of view, what’s peoples thoughts on a bet for it ?
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:07am
I'm Going for 3-1 Arsenal @ 25/1
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I'm Going for 3-1 Arsenal @ 25/1

I got 2 1 9/1 Arsenal and 8/1 Chelsea.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:29pm
Cleaned up. Doc/Baggio some of the grown ups want to talk about the match tonight so cut it out.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

If Arsenal win (gulp) and Spurs who will lose on Saturday, will Spurs be out of the CL 19/20?

Nope, all of the PL top 4 will be in the CL next season irregardless of what happens in either European Final. 5 teams maximum per country allowed in the CL now afaik. No doubt that will get bigger in the next few years as we move to a hybrid CL/SuperLeague, along with a 3rd tier European comp.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Cleaned up. Doc/Baggio some of the grown ups want to talk about the match tonight so cut it out.
When are they due?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Nope, all of the PL top 4 will be in the CL next season irregardless of what happens in either European Final. 5 teams maximum per country allowed in the CL now afaik. No doubt that will get bigger in the next few years as we move to a hybrid CL/SuperLeague, along with a 3rd tier European comp.

Exactly.

If, say, Spurs had finished fifth, Arsenal sixth, and United fourth, then United would miss out if and only if Spurs and Arsenal both win.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

6000 tickets to each club , this gets worse and in a 68,000 seat stadium .

6000 was too many for Arsenal 
Pathetic they can’t sell out their allocation for a European final 

Apparently Arsenal have sold out their allocation and Chelsea have only sold over 2k of them.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 4:12pm

It's in f**king Baku.

It's a disaster to get to, it's a weeknight, any number of the fans will already have been all over Europe following them in the Europa League, it necessitates another three days off work; I can see why they can't sell 6,000 tickets for it. 
Agree with all of that, though with (indirect) flight to Tbilisi and overnight train to Baku etc, it would take more than 3 days for many.

True, but having been there myself, it's more like "Las Vegas on the Caspian" these days.

Which is why I can't understand why their shiny new airport has such limited capacity.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 4:21pm
I f**king hate the Daily Mail.

Big banner headline that Arsenal fans in Baku were stopped by police for wearing Mkhitaryan shirts and the subheading that they were "halted for a time then allowed to move on".

It's f**king shocking that police most likely only doing their job and telling lads that their attire might cause them some trouble from degenerate reprobates is somehow repackaged in a headline as the police harassing the spectators when the reality is the exact opposite, and the police are more likely trying to help them avoid harassment.

Yeah, no sh*t sherlock. If I walked down the Falls Road with a shirt saying "f**k the ra", I'd expect if the PSNI saw me, they'd stop me and tell me to cover it up, for fear of me ending up in a shallow grave somewhere, and the same if I walked down the Shankill Road with a shirt saying "the queen likes it up the arse".
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

True, but having been there myself, it's more like "Las Vegas on the Caspian" these days.

Which is why I can't understand why their shiny new airport has such limited capacity.

I do want to go. If we draw them, I'm definitely heading, even if they are ruled by a kleptocratic despot.

Also, I don't understand why an airport with two nearly parallel runways over a km apart can't have a heap of flights in and out. There mustn't be the demand, is all I can think of.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 4:30pm

I f**king hate the Daily Mail.

Tbf everywhere in the English media are running with the story. 

It first appeared on Twitter but the actual context of the story is unknown, the only people who would actually be able to verify the truth is the people in Baku - I suspect it's the Police warning people about the potential consequences rather than bullying them because of the shirt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic