You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The CRISC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I met Gufct in the stadium before the game in Gibraltar.  We had a pleasant chat.  As he said we are friends for many many years.  I don't know which member of CRISC abused him and didn't witness it.

I don't know who you are donegalman although like JonSwift and some others on here you obviously know me.  I did do quite a bit of voluntary fundraising for the John Giles foundation as part of organising the CRISC POTY dinner held before the USA game last June.  I was not aware of any questions surrounding it at the time.  Can you point me to any media reports or indeed any reports anywhere questioning the foundation prior to the USA game last June.  

I'm not answerable for CRISC and am not condoning any attacks on any fans.  
I don’t know you, have never claimed to know you or talked to you at any games as far as I am aware have I? Where did I say anything I’m regards to funds of last years CRISC dinner dance? I’m talking about how for some reason this years being held on the 2nd of June is in aid of the John Giles foundation still despite the investigations. It would have been no harm to change the charity until things are sorted. I also never suggested you were answerable for the CRISC I was simply talking about some of disgraceful behaviour of one committee member. The only time I mentioned you in my last post was about how i felt you and others seem to be putting the blame for the tension between fans back on the independent fans.

Edited by Donegalman - 10 May 2019 at 4:28pm
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:45pm
Link on Giles Foundation 

First of all there is no evidence of any wrong doing with JGF

However, there are lots of questions that have not been answered. These have been raised previously by Mark Tighe and other media outlets.
I will get back to those more in depth later.

I would ask why a fans group raises money for an FAI initiative?
Were they asked to do so by the FAI or was it solely a CRISC decision?

YBIG bought a few seats last year but in light of recent events, we won't this year unless there are assurances and tangible evidence that monies raised go where they should.

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

What's the need for all this lads? Fans having a cut at other fans, to serve what purpose exactly?

Tend to agree. 

A complete red herring I must say.

I am not coming on here to have a cut at anyone. I know a lot of those posting on here and most of the Sell outs. 

I am asking questions as I feel they big time let down Irish football at a time when the tide was turning against the scumbag and if a few of them even had a bit more back bone instead of bending over to Delaney and McGlue’s requests for them to form a club there could have been more of a revolt at the time and maybe just maybe things would improve 

I am at a loss as to how they would turn their backs on fellow fans and Irish football and maybe if they shed some light on that we could all begin at looking to draw a line in the sand.

But as they retain their stance to act just like Delaney has acted, that won’t happen, simple.
Same for the CRISC

Edited by The GerK - 10 May 2019 at 5:07pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:49pm

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

All Cof88 members must have a Season ticket through the club.  

I'm not in a position to answer anything regarding Cof88/CRISC.  Suffice to say there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and it is a matter for Cof88/CRISC.      

With all due respect, this stinks of the FAI appearance in the Oireachtas (the day before the sell outs withdrew from the CRISC I may add).

Its bad form from the club and its committee.

Fully agree with Pipkin. Complete lack of transparency here. Is there a spokesperson or an official position on the relationship with CRISC?

Someone else has also raised the very valid point about CO88 not having any visible online presence. How do prospective members join the SC? Is it by word of mouth, or is it a closed shop?

It is a SC and answerable to members not to YBIG.  There is no spokesperson or official position. 

I'm just trying to correct some rubbish on here.   

It is not a closed shop.  New members are welcome.    

Gspain, do you feel the club has benefited you since joining? Has it benefited other members since being formed? Has it benefited friends of members? 

And did it possibly benefit John delaney and the FAI more than all of the above?

I cannot comment on CRISC and cannot give a simple yes/no answer because there isn't a simple answer.  

I certainly haven't benefited financially or has anybody else.  I believe I still would have got tickets in any case.  I go to every game as many of you know.  Any work done on behalf of the club is voluntary.

I believe we have been of most benefit to members who travel to quite a lot but not to all games.  However these people would be competing v some independents who could have harvested tickets.  

If it made more sense to be independent then the club would disband.

The FAI make nothing on away tickets.   The club is of benefit to the FAI in that we buy season tickets.  We also take on the admin of distribution.  I cannot see how we benefited John Delaney.                  

I do not see it as SCs getting the tickets and independents getting the scraps.  I actually believe tickets are distributed pretty well by the FAI.  I am aware of views from a couple of SCs that they should get more away tickets as they sell quite a lot of season tickets.  They certainly have a point although I wouldn't agree.   

Remember if there is a universal scheme the FAI will decide the criteria and the FAI will decide the price.  The keyrings, scarves other junk etc cost very little when ordered in bulk.  These are done to make membership look a better deal.  The IRFU charge 50 euro per annum for a fraction of the benefits and to me that would be the minimum the FAI would start at.  Now rugby ticketing would be quite a story but strange that hasn't been done.   Although I doubt our interim CEO is too concerned with away ticketing at the moment.     

As for "friends of members" we do not allocate tickets where there is excess demand to non members.  Members can order extra tickets for family and friends for games that don't have high demand eg Denmark in June.

As an example of the stories I was provided a name via PM or a member who supposedly got a ticket for Denmark 2017 despite not having the travelling record.  The member in question actually didn't and I don't think was even in Denmark.  He wasn't allocated a ticket for Cardiff a month earlier but traveled anyway.  He got a ticket from Cof88 when another member missed their flight.

Was Class of 88 set up on the back of a request from John delaney and Joe McGlue? 

Yes or no?

I rest my case
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

What's the need for all this lads? Fans having a cut at other fans, to serve what purpose exactly?

Tend to agree. 

A complete red herring I must say.

I am not coming on here to have a cut at anyone. I know a lot of those posting on here and most of the Sell outs. 

I am asking questions as I feel they big time let down Irish football at a time when the tide was turning against the scumbag and if a few of them even had a bit more back bone instead of bending over to Delaney and McGlue’s requests for them to form a club there could have been more of a revolt at the time and maybe just maybe things would improve 

I am at a loss as to how they would turn their backs on fellow fans and Irish football and maybe if they shed some light on that we could all begin at looking to draw a line in the sand.

But as they retain their stance to act just like Delaney has acted, that won’t happen, simple.
Same for the CRISC

Boll0x you're not, mate. The very fact that you're calling them sell-outs of 88 every second post is you having a cut. You're not that dumb that you don't realise that. It makes you come across as petty and is hardly going to encourage any of them to answer you, is it?

I was approached to join when they founded and declined straight away but them forming the club did very little to prolong JD's reign. JD would still be lording it at the U17 Euros right now had Tighe not got lucky with a sympathetic high court judge unlike those that have awarded injunctions over the years. There's things I could criticise them over but suggesting that JD would have been out on his ear years ago had they not formed is ludicrous. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 10 May 2019 at 5:38pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:15pm
This thread would give the impression that the only reason YBIG wanted Delaney out was tickets.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:26pm
tbf co88 never pretended they were anything else than a way of getting tickets.  I thought it was very poor form at the time and still remains a pretty  sh*tty move but no need to constantly be grilling their members when they don't have answers. The leaders don't post on here so sadly they are the lads that all questions should be padressed to.  It's as if some people need to find new scapegoats and keep the feud between fans going.  Before anyone says it im not in a supporters club, boycotted for 4 years and I found their support of our dear leader sickening but some people just seem obsessed at the moment and are going after the wrong people. And PM I fully agree.  There's a few on this thread who believe that tickets are the main issue when they aren't in the top 10!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:35pm
Gary has been patient to answer questions. 
Agree that sniping is of no use to anyone. 

Keep thread for the pertinent questions and not for bitching.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:40pm

Boll0x you're not, mate. The very fact that you're calling them sell-outs of 88 every second post is you having a cut. You're not that dumb that you don't realise that. It makes you come across as petty and is hardly going to encourage any of them to answer you, is it?

I was approached to join when they founded and declined straight away but them forming the club did very little to prolong JD's reign. JD would still be lording it at the U17 Euros right now had Tighe not got lucky with a sympathetic high court judge unlike those that have awarded injunctions over the years. There's things I could criticise them over but suggesting that JD would have been out on his ear years ago had they not formed is ludicrous. 

ClapClapClap

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

tbf co88 never pretended they were anything else than a way of getting tickets.  I thought it was very poor form at the time and still remains a pretty  sh*tty move but no need to constantly be grilling their members when they don't have answers. The leaders don't post on here so sadly they are the lads that all questions should be padressed to.  It's as if some people need to find new scapegoats and keep the feud between fans going.  Before anyone says it im not in a supporters club, boycotted for 4 years and I found their support of our dear leader sickening but some people just seem obsessed at the moment and are going after the wrong people. And PM I fully agree.  There's a few on this thread who believe that tickets are the main issue when they aren't in the top 10!
Top 1000!
superp View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:30pm
as a member of a s.c. I would like to know who the committee member was threatening people in Denmark. This behaviour if true is totally unacceptable and should not be accepted by the CRISC committee. I go to home and away games for one reason and that’s to support the team not to support or criticise  any individuals

Edited by superp - 10 May 2019 at 8:38pm
irish to the core
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:58am
Garrethjoseph would be the boyo to deal with the 2 clowns mentioned above LOL

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 11 May 2019 at 9:59am
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:18am
Names deleted again. U live by your actions! ModsThumbs Down
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 11:20am
Folks, posts deleted and rightly so. 

No names when allegations are made. Use your heads.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:24pm
Thinking of setting up a supporters group here which will be the opposite of the class of 88.  

It’s sole purpose will be to have nothing to do with tickets in the belief that the Governing body should administer a fair and transparent ticketing system as advocated by the mandate committee. SmileI  

It will be purely a club for like minded fans who go to home and away games. 

The meetings will take place on a irregular basis usually in various stadiums in Europe and occasionally beyond.  

Items on the agenda will be 

Should Coleman and Doherty play on The same team, 

Are you booked up for the next away game

Will bohs keep their run going 

Where is good for a meal

There will be no joining fee and we don’t need your contact details.

There will be no committee and as long as we have a quorum of 500 at the stadium the opening remarks are Come On you Boys in green the meeting will commence, the same comments adjournThe meeting. 

Buses, face painting and stupid father ted/call of duty/ game of Thrones flags will not be encouraged.  

If interested please do nothing other than go to games and we hope to hit 2000 members by the end of the summer.  

Edited by Baldrick - 11 May 2019 at 6:33pm
AKA pedantic kunt
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

This thread would give the impression that the only reason YBIG wanted Delaney out was tickets.

Spot on. 

Sadly though for some of those posting on this thread it clearly is the only reason! 

Edited by El_nino - 11 May 2019 at 6:45pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Spot on. 

Sadly though for some of those posting on this thread it clearly is the only reason! 
Pure and utter bullsh*te as has been the norm for anyone speaking from the London club lately.

Points being made were that the actions of supporters clubs ensured the FAI and Delaney weren’t held to account.

El Nino - assume you were a huge critic at London meetings in the pastEmbarrassed
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:31pm
Jaysus lads, we wanted Delaney out, he's gone, lot more to go but it's going the right way.

Why the need to keep having a cut at other fans over by gones? What do ye hope to achieve? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic