You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League Final - Liverpool v Tottenham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

€350 for a room in a hotel less than 10 minutes walk from the stadium, and a four star hotel at that, for Saturday night.

There have clearly been a lot of cancellations. There are loads of hotel rooms now available.

You can also book hotel rooms for the 2020 final in Istanbul right now for €20 LOL

Rooms will be about ten times that once Liverpool reach the final again (every season Klopp has managed Liverpool in Europe, they've reached the final)

Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

€350 for a room in a hotel less than 10 minutes walk from the stadium, and a four star hotel at that, for Saturday night.

There have clearly been a lot of cancellations. There are loads of hotel rooms now available.

You can also book hotel rooms for the 2020 final in Istanbul right now for €20 LOL

Rooms will be about ten times that once Liverpool reach the final again (every season Klopp has managed Liverpool in Europe, they've reached the final)

Not in 2017 they didn't
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Not in 2017 they didn't

Indeed Denis. I believe that 2017 was the only time Klopp lost in a 2 legged European tie as Liverpool manager. Oh wait...
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:45pm
Just Booked

700 all in 2 nights in city centre hotel

Dublin Zurich Madrid  Friday
Madrid Munich Dublin Sunday
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:23am
As a matter of interest, what do Irish fans of these Brit clubs do at these away trips? Your average local fan of these clubs despises the tourist fans be they Paddies or Norwegians 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

As a matter of interest, what do Irish fans of these Brit clubs do at these away trips? Your average local fan of these clubs despises the tourist fans be they Paddies or Norwegians 
Once you throw a few plastic chairs at the dagos you be grand
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:28am

Not that I go to any of these games. But these clubs have very little local or English players or supporters for that matter.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:41am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Not that I go to any of these games. But these clubs have very little local or English players or supporters for that matter.

I don't think that's quite true. Spurs have a huge London fan base. Liverpool also have a large contingent of local supporters. They've traditionally been the Protestant club in the city, whereas Everton have tended to attract the Irish emigrant support.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 9:22am
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

I don't think that's quite true. Spurs have a huge London fan base. Liverpool also have a large contingent of local supporters. They've traditionally been the Protestant club in the city, whereas Everton have tended to attract the Irish emigrant support.
Damon Grant in Brookside was a Catholic and he supported Liverpool !!!

PS The 1890’s rang......

Also as you’ve brought religion into it why havent you mentioned that Spurs have a large Jewish fanbase. Or is it just Protestants you hate ?

Edited by Gary McKay - 31 May 2019 at 9:26am
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 9:27am

Highlight of lastnight was witnessing an Irish Liverpool fan starting on a Londoner Liverpool fan because “he shouldn’t support Liverpool because he’s from London”

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 9:30am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Highlight of lastnight was witnessing an Irish Liverpool fan starting on a Londoner Liverpool fan because “he shouldn’t support Liverpool because he’s from London”

f**king hell LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 9:35am
Nearly as bad as Irish Arsenal fans wanting Spurs to win.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 9:37am

Your average local fan of these clubs despises the tourist fans be they Paddies or Norwegians 

absolute rubbish , i have been to hundreds of games in london, chelsea , millwall ,etc etc  and I never once heard any supporter say anything against supporters who came from other countries, they like that fact the foreigners follow their team, you're talking sh*te 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:36am

Wow LOL
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Damon Grant in Brookside was a Catholic and he supported Liverpool !!!

PS The 1890’s rang......

Also as you’ve brought religion into it why havent you mentioned that Spurs have a large Jewish fanbase. Or is it just Protestants you hate ?

Not really sure where you've got the idea that I "hate" Protestants.  In fact, I am one so that just shows how ridiculous your comment is.  The point I was making is that Liverpool rely on a strong local support from the city of Liverpool, whereas there is a perception (rightly or wrongly) that Everton are the Irish club in the city.

As for the Jewish connection at Spurs, I think that's been well documented over the years and serves to illustrate the club's strong connection to North London.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:51am

<p style="margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;">Highlight of lastnight was witnessing an Irish Liverpool fan starting on a Londoner Liverpool fan because “he shouldn’t support Liverpool because he’s from London”</span>

Looks like you copied that from somewhere.

I find that hard to believe anyway.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:51am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Wow LOL

it was you walls wasnt it ? 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 11:12am

Not really sure where you've got the idea that I "hate" Protestants.  In fact, I am one so that just shows how ridiculous your comment is.  The point I was making is that Liverpool rely on a strong local support from the city of Liverpool, whereas there is a perception (rightly or wrongly) that Everton are the Irish club in the city.
I don't know you so wouldn't know that but am delighted to hear it.
Just assumed you were another bigoted Celtic fan.

Yes its true most Irish people have no idea of the historic connections with English clubs.
They all like to claim an Irish connection.
Like I cant understand Irish people supporting Chelsea and I know a good few.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
  Share Topic