Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Training Camp Squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

McDermott in to replace O'Hara.

All but confirms Westwood is not arsed ??

I'd doubt he's suddenly "not ars*d" considering he's been happy to play second fiddle for most of the last 10 years despite probably deserving to be 1st choice for 4/5 years of that decade. I would say it's more likely he either injured; or Mick just doesn't see the point in having a 34 year old second choice and wants to give younger keepers a go (much the same reason as Doyle and Elliot haven't been called up).
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

I think Mon-Roy were ethical on Rice. but you can't trust in England they will get anyone around. They didn't qualified for 1994. Almost out in 2002 . Rice won't get much caps when the hype is over. Lawro was right about it he should have remained in green. But another day another dollar. Actually he remained in other green
What? Confused
Ask MaGee
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:46pm
Out of contract ..Keiran will negociate with Celtic and Norwich it seems.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:46pm
Great to Travers and Connell in there, really nice to see us building for the future.

Would have loved to have seen Coventry get in as well.  He's an outstanding prospect and this would be the ideal time to give him a taste for senior football.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

McDermott in to replace O'Hara.

All but confirms Westwood is not arsed ??

Thought McCarthy mentioned last week he has a knee problem
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

I think Mon-Roy were ethical on Rice. but you can't trust in England they will get anyone around. They didn't qualified for 1994. Almost out in 2002 . Rice won't get much caps when the hype is over. Lawro was right about it he should have remained in green. But another day another dollar. Actually he remained in other green

loving your scattergun approach to nothing in particular LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:27pm
Anyone know why arter is out? Seems strange, apart from that it's what we would expect apart from connell, absolutely no doubt England are sniffing around him if he gets a big move this summer, got to cap him against Gibraltar, I actually think odowda will get a big move, I think he could be a great player
royal rover
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:34pm
Only noticed it there, but Cunningham's inclusion is a bit of a surprise as well; he played very little football in the second half of the season.
We're decent enough..
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:47pm
Arter isn’t injured is he? I see him as our best midfielder tbh.

Edited by Gabrieléire - 20 May 2019 at 11:49pm
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 3:52am
Didn't realise that Luca Connell was a scouser. I don't think there will be any issues with his commitment. Anyone know his connection, 2nd or 3rd generation? 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Didn't realise that Luca Connell was a scouser. I don't think there will be any issues with his commitment. Anyone know his connection, 2nd or 3rd generation? 

He was brought up in the Irish flats near the docklands, he lived on the second floor
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:36am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

He was brought up in the Irish flats near the docklands, he lived on the second floor

Yeah I thought that was him alright. He lives upstairs from me
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:43am
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

I think he might have seen me before. Not sure though.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:06am
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17652781.bolton-wanderers-secure-rangers-spurs-norwich-target-to-longer-deal/

signs a longer academy deal with Bolton, wouldnt think that would stop a bigger club buying him though
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:37am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17652781.bolton-wanderers-secure-rangers-spurs-norwich-target-to-longer-deal/

signs a longer academy deal with Bolton, wouldnt think that would stop a bigger club buying him though

Bolton triggered a 1 year extension. This means they can command a higher fee. Still think he'll be at pastures new come August.

On the back of his current "heat" and now getting a international call up, I'm sure he's being advised to move on from the now League 1 side now. 6 months time, who knows where bolton/his form could be. Hope he chooses wisely though. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

You can be sure, sure everybody sees YOU LOL
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:24am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

You can be sure, sure everybody sees YOU LOL

Fair point. Even more so now with the beard!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:35am

Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic