You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Could well be our only goalie starting regularly next season 

I have seen it implied in a number of different threads that Bazunu may not be starting for Southampton. What makes people think this?

A keeper with Bazunus qualities is paramount to the way Russell Martin wants to play football. Can see him fitting like a glove. 

Edited by kevin100 - 25 Jul 2023 at 5:15pm
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

That's a massive signing for Stoke if they want to get away from bottom half strugglers and have a crack at pushing for the play offs.

As for Travers agreed. Stoke should be thanking their lucky stars they have got a young keeper of this quality who was arguably the best keeper in the division the one year he has played in it. 
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 5:45pm
Yeah, a good move. No fear of Bazunu not starting either. Deathly silence re Kelleher - this is the kind of move he needs to be in the frame for.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 6:03am
Caoimhins ego is too big to play in the championship 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 6:50am
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Yeah, a good move. No fear of Bazunu not starting either. Deathly silence re Kelleher - this is the kind of move he needs to be in the frame for.
It's 50-50 with McCarthy. Southampton fans have zero faith in Bazunu and McCarthy. A shocker season by a youngster and a failed intervention by an over-paid veteran. They'd happily see the back of both and who could blame them.  
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

It's 50-50 with McCarthy. Southampton fans have zero faith in Bazunu and McCarthy. A shocker season by a youngster and a failed intervention by an over-paid veteran. They'd happily see the back of both and who could blame them.  

Anyone with more than half a brain presumably.
We're decent enough..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:54am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

That rules you out so.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 8:13am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

He's having a medical at Stoke today.

Cracking signing.

Best of luck to him.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 8:27am

That rules you out so.

I'm sure you've been writing letters to the Southampton board all summer begging them to replace one of their biggest assets with a Championship journeyman Clown
We're decent enough..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 8:42am

That rules you out so.

I'm sure you've been writing letters to the Southampton board all summer begging them to replace one of their biggest assets with a Championship journeyman Clown
You're wrong again, I haven't been in touch with the Southampton board. Maybe you're right about board members' opinions but my post was about fans' opinions and they're as I indicated. Their patience with Baz and Mac is spent - they want neither. 
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Could well be our only goalie starting regularly next season 

I have seen it implied in a number of different threads that Bazunu may not be starting for Southampton. What makes people think this?

A keeper with Bazunus qualities is paramount to the way Russell Martin wants to play football. Can see him fitting like a glove. 

Hope you're right but he's switching between both Bazunu and McCarthy in pre-season so it'll be a close call. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 12:58pm
Named in the EFL championship Team of the week
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

He was in the Championship team of the season only 2 years ago. I think he was very unlucky last year the way it went at Bournemouth, he was scapegoated early doors for problems that were much deeper than who was in nets. There is a very decent keeper there when he gets a run of games. His distribution probably holds him back a bit the way the modern game is played.

For all the hype around Kelleher, I wouldn't be surprised if Travers ultimately has a better career overall.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

He was in the Championship team of the season only 2 years ago. I think he was very unlucky last year the way it went at Bournemouth, he was scapegoated early doors for problems that were much deeper than who was in nets. There is a very decent keeper there when he gets a run of games. His distribution probably holds him back a bit the way the modern game is played.

For all the hype around Kelleher, I wouldn't be surprised if Travers ultimately has a better career overall.

100% dropped after a 9-0 similar to Angus Gunn. Definitely no harm just to reestablish himself/get confidence but he’s better than a Championship player tbh Stoke have pulled off a right coup getting him. 

Is he PL standard is another question. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 11:16pm
Kenny's Kids
@KennysKids
·
1h
Another busy night for Mark Travers tonight.

Championship saves per 90 mins stats

🔺 3rd - Mark Travers (3.8)

🔺 11th Max O'Leary (2.7)

🔺 13th Gavin Bazunu (2.6)

Edited by John Nice - 28 Sep 2023 at 12:31pm
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 12:30pm
Couldnt find a thread for Max O'Leary, but Travers is on 7th in this list also.

Between the Lines
@Between_TL
Championship - Goalkeepers with the best save % (2023/24):

1️£ Max O’Leary - 81.3% ⭐️
2️£ Mads Hermansen - 80.8%
3️£ Freddie Woodman - 77.3%
4️£ John Ruddy - 74.1%
5️£ Asmir Begović - 73.9%
6️£ Illan Meslier - 72.7%
7️£ Mark Travers - 71.8%

🧤 Elite shot stoppers.

Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 12:36pm
There's a thread for Max O'Leary.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

There's a thread for Max O'Leary.

I'm genuinely having trouble finding threads through the Search function. Couldnt find the Marcus Harness thread earlier either and I'm pretty sure there is one.

Anyway Travers appears on this list too, so not irrelevant to this thread..
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637>
  Share Topic