Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 37>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 9:43pm
We're in good hands for the next 10+ years with all the keepers we have. To be fair goalies or defenders have never been a worry for us. It's the other end of the field.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 9:35pm
Mike McGrath in the telegraph reporting that Luton Town have held talks with Asmir Begovic but are also looking at Mark Travers for a possible move.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:00am
Bournemouth and Leeds have been linked with Darlow from Newcastle the last few days. 

Would suggest that Bournemouth are in the market for a back up keeper. Is it 2nd/3rd choice hard to know. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 12:12pm
I think that's because Travers will want to play first team football next season. They'll either loan him out to a Championship team or sell him. Someone like Darlow would come in then to compete with Neto, but you'd expect Neto to keep the jersey - he's a good keeper.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 2:02pm
Didn't know Neto signed a new three year contract. He's also their captain. Think he had the second highest save percentage in the PL so you'd except him to start alright with Darlow and Randolph providing back up.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 8:53am
Travers linked with a loan move to Millwall this morning. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:07am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Travers linked with a loan move to Millwall this morning. 

You can see a few Millwall fans in comments already saying it sounds too good to be true. 

Travers would be some signing for them.

Edited by kevin100 - 05 Jul 2023 at 10:07am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:24am
If they can get Travers and McNally then you'd back them to finally make the playoffs. They've missed out by a couple of points on a few occasions now since promotion from League One.

Either one of those two could make a difference defensively which turns a lose into a draw or a draw into a win to make up those points needed to finish top six.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:03pm
They were desperately unlucky last season, missing out on the play-offs on the last day. Two loans of that quality and you’d have to fancy their promotion chances.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 1:29pm
Stoke and Milwall interested apparently. Not sure if loan or permanent.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 1:33pm
Would be guaranteed starts at Stoke if nothing else, only competition there seems to be former Irish underage international Jack Bonham, who is poor enough at that level. Travers would be miles ahead of him.

Edited by You Tell Me - 18 Jul 2023 at 1:34pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 3:04pm
Would be guaranteed starts at Millwall too. They dropped their first choice keeper last season for the lad they picked up on a free two years ago to be a back up keeper.

Think whoever picks up Travers will be doing so for him to be first choice.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Would be guaranteed starts at Millwall too. They dropped their first choice keeper last season for the lad they picked up on a free two years ago to be a back up keeper.

Think whoever picks up Travers will be doing so for him to be first choice.

Millwall are always stuck in limbo though. They push for a play-off spot most seasons, but always fall short.

Stoke might reach the big time again one day. Alex Neil should get them moving in the right direction. Should.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 3:20pm
The thing with Travers though is that he's arguably better off going to a team that won't get promoted and where he will play regularly. He's not a modern style keeper, isn't very comfortable with the ball at his feet and doesn't command his area. So if he helps a team to promotion again the same thing will probably happen as happened to him last season, where he gets dropped for someone more suited to that league.

Unless he reinvents his game I think he'll always be a good solid Championship keeper and no more than that unfortunately.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 1:07pm
Bournemouth bringing in Andrei Radu on loan from Inter with an option to buy. We'll hopefully see some movement with Travers leaving on loan or permanently with Bournemouth having the option to buy Radu and Neto signing a four year contract I believe.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 2:13pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 2:22pm
That's a massive signing for Stoke if they want to get away from bottom half strugglers and have a crack at pushing for the play offs.
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 5:11pm
Could well be our only goalie starting regularly next season 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 37>
  Share Topic