Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 37>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 8:53am
Removing the green tinted specs for a moment, do people believe that Travers would keep his place as No.1 if Bournemouth gain promotion this year?

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 10:19am
travers has been one of the top goalies in the league this year why would he possibly be dropped? clubs like to have two good options in goal and right now bournemouth only have one. Woodman will be back up
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 10:56am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Removing the green tinted specs for a moment, do people believe that Travers would keep his place as No.1 if Bournemouth gain promotion this year?

At the start of the season I thought no, but as the season as gone on he's changed my mind. All the talk before the season started was the quality they had in the squad to gain promotion and Travers would have been at the bottom of that list more than likely.

But as the season has went on he's been Mr Consistent for them and has pulled big saves out the bag to secure 3pts in a few games now. Most recently at the weekend when Barnsley could have been 2-1 up just after half time, even though Bournemouth dominated the half they could only manage one shot on target.

If Bournemouth get promoted goalkeeper won't be anywhere near the first thing they'd need to worry about strengthen. Could honestly see them being worse than Norwich.

Edited by J89 - 31 Jan 2022 at 10:57am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 12:51pm
Parker wanted Woodman in the summer and as we know with managers when they get notions about players or like players they tend to get hopelessly married to said notions/players

There's no way Travers should be dropped on form but that would slighly worry me.

As for Bournemouth going up if they do go up and he can keep his place over Woodman as strange as this sounds I wouldnt be remotely worried about them signing a replacement goalkeeper. As posters have said that's the least of their worries a competent goalkeeper. 

I'd be more worried about him holding off Woodman and keeping his place then him losing it if they go up.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 1:44pm
if he's doing a good job then why would Parker drop him? They risk damaging Travers' value and confidence for what reward? 

This feels to me like a back up signing of someone that can push Travers as opposed to a replacement for him. I see a point made here as to why Newcastle would send him out to be second choice. Well, there's a reason he's only getting a loan on the last day of the transfer window, I'm sure.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 2:12pm
Plus they've got oil money now and if you're leaving on loan in January it's probably to make room for a better player so I doubt they care how you really get on over the next few months as you'll probably be gone for good in the summer.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 2:16pm
Woodman has signed on loan for Bournemouth.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 2:16pm
It's an odd one, but remember Woodman was going to Bournemouth on transfer deadline day in August but Newcastle pulled the plug as Dubravka was injured and Darlow got Covid.

Travers wasn't seen as number one, in fact Ørjan Nyland was he then got injured and Travers took his chance, which he has done well with.

I still think Parker does have some doubts over Travers hence why he has revitalised the interest in Woodman 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 2:27pm
When did Nyland get injured? He was signed August 17th and went straight into the match day squads. Even started the third league game he was there for because Travers was injured and then dropped straight back to the bench.

Nyland has been available for every league game bar three and the first two came after he had been sitting on the bench for 12/13 games since he joined.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

When did Nyland get injured? He was signed August 17th and went straight into the match day squads. Even started the third league game he was there for because Travers was injured and then dropped straight back to the bench.

Nyland has been available for every league game bar three and the first two came after he had been sitting on the bench for 12/13 games since he joined.

I heard he was injured not 100% sure. he wasn't on the bench for Bournmouth's last game so may be a recent injury that occurred??
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 2:41pm
Pretty sure Nyland was only ever signed as cover for Travers, basically to give them an experienced option if things went wrong with Travers.

I'd hope this is similar and with Nyland injured Woodman will now provide that cover. Obviously if Travers' form falls off Woodman would become an option, but it would seem a clear mistake to drop Travers based on recent form.

Also makes sense to go with your own player rather than a loan player, even Gavin Bazunu found that to his cost at Rochdale at times last season.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 2:41pm
He's picked up a long term injury atm alright but was signed to provide cover for Travers rather than signed to be their first choice.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

if he's doing a good job then why would Parker drop him? They risk damaging Travers' value and confidence for what reward? 

This feels to me like a back up signing of someone that can push Travers as opposed to a replacement for him. I see a point made here as to why Newcastle would send him out to be second choice. Well, there's a reason he's only getting a loan on the last day of the transfer window, I'm sure.

Yeah Travers has become their most valuable young player arguably as it stands. A 22yo keeper playing at that level even higher level Championship is rare don't mind standing out to the extent Travers is.

Problem is Parker or any manager won't care about that owners would but not managers. It's odds on Travers keeps his place and even goes on to play PL football for.them if they go up but still its a slight curveball for our lad.

Edited by kevin100 - 31 Jan 2022 at 2:42pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 2:46pm
travers in the team of the week along with jimmy dunne. 0 chance he is getting dropped
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Green tinted glasses trigger warning 

But could Travers be a contender for championship keeper of the season if he keeps going like he is? 

The number of clean sheets is the key metric for keepers, he's also kept the team in the points on a few games including the last game... 

Team of the season is decided by Whoscored stats, as it stands hes in second placed marginally behind Huddersfields goalkeeper.

An interesting stat in its own, Travers has the most clean sheets in top 4 flights of English football this season so far. and in second is Bazunu with 11!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

But could Travers be a contender for championship keeper of the season if he keeps going like he is? 

The number of clean sheets is the key metric for keepers, he's also kept the team in the points on a few games including the last game... 

Team of the season is decided by Whoscored stats, as it stands hes in second placed marginally behind Huddersfields goalkeeper.

An interesting stat in its own, Travers has the most clean sheets in top 4 flights of English football this season so far. and in second is Bazunu with 11!

He doesn't, that Irish Propaganda page was living up to its name. Luke McGee the Forest Green keeper has 13, and both Ederson and Liam Roberts whose the Northampton town keeper have 12. There's four keepers that have 11 clean sheets each.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

He doesn't, that Irish Propaganda page was living up to its name. Luke McGee the Forest Green keeper has 13, and both Ederson and Liam Roberts whose the Northampton town keeper have 12. There's four keepers that have 11 clean sheets each.

Perhaps is was correct at the time of posting and they failed to mention they were joint top.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 5:38pm
Was posted Saturday after Travers and Richards would have gotten their 12th clean sheets and Gee got his 13th. Bazunu can get his 12th tonight to join the lads and Ederson as joint second.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 37>
  Share Topic