You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 37>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:46pm
Real positive this year, I watch the game yesterday he was excellent.fair play to him and long may it continue
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 8:44pm
He was very good. Only for him it would have been a lot worse only minor fault his distribution once or twice went a bit haywire but credit to Middleborough they put them under plenty pressure. 

Kilkenny was certainly one of their best outfield players too I was conscious of "having green glasses on" but the player ratings for both lads in the players ratings section backs that up. Biggest compliment I can pay Kilkenny is they double pressed on him everytime he got the ball. They spotted him as a major source of creativity from deep 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 9:39pm
Agree kilkenny looks a good prospect and he played well yesterday.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 7:47pm
Rock solid again tonight. No brady or kilkenny however which was disappointing 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Rock solid again tonight. No brady or kilkenny however which was disappointing 

was hoping one of them would get on. thought dunne was ok for qpr
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 10:25pm
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 10:42pm
He is having an excellent season, delighted for him.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 1:49am
Mark has Traversed a difficult start to his international career
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Some absolutely fierce competition for the number one spot.

My thinking is still - 

1. Baz,
2. Trav 
3. Kells 

But bazunu can't afford to be complacent, that's for sure.

Dead
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:21am
I don't think he has gotten ahead of Kelleher. Kelleher obviously hasnt played as much as Travers this season, but when he has done so, he has played really well and it's at a level higher than Travers. Plus Kelleher hasnt out a foot wrong in the games he's played for the Irish team
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:57am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

My thinking is still - 

1. Baz,
2. Trav 
3. Kells 

Dead

Is it the over familiar use of nicknames that we dont even know are nicknames? LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:07am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

My thinking is still - 

1. Baz,
2. Trav 
3. Kells 

Dead

Is it the over familiar use of nicknames that we dont even know are nicknames? LOL
Hes always at it. Time to start the bans, its been a whileClap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

My thinking is still - 

1. Baz,
2. Trav 
3. Kells 

Dead

Hes always at it. Time to start the bans, its been a whileClap

Big smileBig smile c'mon! People loved the nickname Molly for Molumby... right?  Big smileBig smile
Might have to put you back on probation and have your posts approved if this carries on Shocked
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 1:13pm
Freddie Woodman linked with a loan move to Bournemouth again. Shows the progression of Travers in the last six months that when Woodman was linked in August it was with a view to him being the starting keeper whereas now it's likely he's being signed to cover the bench spot with Nyland injured for a while.

Edited by You Tell Me - 30 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 12:41am
Looks like the woodman loan is happening. Would be surprised if Newcastle loan him as a no. 2. Hopefully travers retains his place. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Looks like the woodman loan is happening. Would be surprised if Newcastle loan him as a no. 2. Hopefully travers retains his place. 

Travers has kept the most clean sheets (12) in the top 4 flights of English football so far this season. Hes not going anywhere. Woodman is being signed as backup for the injured Nyland. Sure hes currently 3rd choice at Newcastle and they're about to sign Henderson on loan from United that would only push him further down the pecking order there.

Edited by Bandwagon - 31 Jan 2022 at 12:52am
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 1:13am
Yea fair, you are most likely right. Strange Newcastle wouldn’t loan him elsewhere. Just hope it’s not a case of one mistake and they are looking to replace Travers. Seems to a consensus from fans that he is their POTY so far….
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 8:18am
Woodman played a few first team games for Newcastle at the start of the season and was fairly useless if I remember correctly. To be fair to him he has played two full seasons of Championship football the last two seasons so dropping to number 2 at Bournemouth would seem like a big step backwards for him all the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 37>
  Share Topic