You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 37>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:56pm
2-0 down at half time doesn’t sound great until you realise where Swindon are and you realise Doncaster are flying.

I haven’t seen either but he’s getting game time anyways for the rest of the year. They were always likely to lose today. 
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:29am
Called back from his loan spell at Swindon.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 9:48am
Begovic injured? For how long? If it means Travers plays for Bournemouth great but if Begovic is out for just a few weeks I’d prefer him at Swindon playing football matches.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 9:59am

I see he's been playing every week for Swindon but is there any news on how he performed? Hopefully he's done enough that another L1 side might fancy getting him in on loan when the chance arises. 
El Puto Amo
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 11:27am
Played very well for Swindon. But clubs generally don't want to sign second choice keepers on loan as there is always a high risk of them being recalled, as has happened here.

Also the loan window is closed so he could only move again this season as an emergency loan signing.

Hopefully he can get a run of games at Bournemouth but the most likely outcome now is that he spends most of the rest of the season on the bench.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 11:29am

Cheers. Hopefully his stock has risen as a result of his time at Swindon and he is in demand in future. 
El Puto Amo
DamoGUFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 1:20pm
I see Begovic is starting today. I can't see Travers seeing much game time now.
Galway United,
My love,
My passion,
My Life.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 1:40pm
just ridiculous why he was called back. He was out playing football matches why couldn’t they have left him out to get ready/develop. If Begovic leaves in the next year/18 months they could then look at bringing him in off the back of that experience. Farcical situation.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:16pm
Agreed  it was crazy sending him out to get game time and then re calling him from the loan to sit on the bench again. Very unfair on Travers

Edited by aviva8 - 24 Feb 2021 at 8:17pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 9:47pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:06pm
This guy could easily take over from Shane Duffy as our biggest scoring threat. He's matched Shane Long's average season tally  and double Troy Parrot's

Edited by Conan - 05 May 2021 at 10:11pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 10:31pm
Begovic officially leaving Bournemouth? I was disgusted when Bournemouth recalled Travers back from his Swindon loan seemingly out of panic almost. Simple reason being it would have allowed him to get a full run of games at a decent level and potentially take him to the next level. Don’t know wether this news makes it even more annoying that happened with Begovic.

If he continued to impress like he did I reckon he’d be in a far better position to take that next step and establish himself as No.1. What chance do people think he has of doing this now. 

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Jul 2021 at 10:35pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 10:55pm
When did he impress? Didn't really follow his tone at Swindon.

Can't say I rate him at all but hope he proves me wrong. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 11:04pm
Travers seemed to have a nervous start when he was starting for Bournemouth early in the season. He made a mistake a wasn't selected again.

He then went on loan and started to get a run of games and rid himself of the nerves. This loan was then cut short.

I feel that Travers is a very good reaction keeper. It would be silly to rule him out as someone who can't do better than kelleher and bazunu in the long run.

I wouldn't rule out him being Bournemouth  number one before the end of this season.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 11:17pm
This is it he had hit the ground running at Swindon and was playing well the experience would have taken him to the next level. It was the fact he was called back in a panic only for the club to realise Begovic wasnt as badly injured as first feared that annoyed. They could have taken a breath.

I don’t think he has the ceiling of Kelleher or Bazunu myself but I don’t see any reason why he can’t go on to be at least as good as Randolph is/was let’s say if not better then him. He got stage fright for Ireland against Serbia but I wouldn’t knock him too much for that. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 11:31pm
”disgusted” at him being recalled LOL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

”disgusted” at him being recalled LOL

Yeah very strong words I know but I genuinely was at the time. 💀😂
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 10:56am
Swindon have been in total disarray off the field which may have impacted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 37>
  Share Topic