FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 37>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 2:41pm
Mark Travers is a harder nut to crack than a woman being chatted up by me.

Sponsored Links

Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 9:49pm
Baz=looks at home in the goals
Trav=Consistently consistent
Kells= Scoring cup final winners
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 10:52pm
A few Bazunu level stops today alright. Definitely an argument for him to be our number 2 keeper. Though Kelleher has done nothing wrong either. Someone says it every weekend, but it's an unbelievable situation we're in with the three young keepers.

I liked this comment on Travers on the Bournemouth forum:

Absolutely magnificent. If I were Woodman I would get padded tracksuit bottoms because there is no way you are going to get the number 1 slot. I will go so far to say that, in his current form, Travers is the best keeper we have had for many, many years. His positioning and shot stopping were sensational today. To be fair to Blackpool they probably should have scored four or five. One bit I want to see on the television is the shot that hit the cross bar because my son thinks he even got a hand to that. BRILLIANT.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 9:09am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I have a feeling Kenny will play all 3 keepers for at least 1 half in the games next month. Its incredibly hard to split them and they're all playing so well. Bazunu just about deserves the number 1 jersey ATM because he's been excellent, but he has serious competition. 

I would agree with this. Would be harsh not to give them all at least a half of football. If all three are fit I could see him play Bazunu in both with Kelleher and Travers replacing him at half time. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 8:24am
I have a feeling Kenny will play all 3 keepers for at least 1 half in the games next month. Its incredibly hard to split them and they're all playing so well. Bazunu just about deserves the number 1 jersey ATM because he's been excellent, but he has serious competition. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 6:14am
Bournemouth fans are speculating on his value, comparing him to Ramsdale and evaluating whether Woodman can come close to taking the shirt: https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/how-much-will-travers-be-worth-this-time-next-year.15372/

Hats off to this lad. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:18pm
Another great performance tonight by all accounts.

Lerma and Livermore sent off for Bournemouth and West Brom so opportunities for Kilkenny and Molumby, granted Bournemouth have lots of strength in depth in CM.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:47pm
He was very good tonight
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 8:47pm
There was a slight worry and it was only very slight that Parker seemingly keen on bringing Woodman in the summer would be having said thoughts. Managers are odd creatures. 

Reality is it was a 5% doubt and now it's really a 0.1% doubt. Travers is flying and I actually wouldn't be in the slightest worried about his position in the side if and likely when they go back up in the summer. Of all positions Travers in goal is one of the least of their worries and also from an asset point of view Travers being a young goalkeeper flying at a high level and potentially playing in the English top flight (rare commodities in today's game) he's very quickly become there most valuable young asset and potentially their most valuable sellable asset if he continues to impress. Solanke being a goalscorer and Billing would be the other two in the running for this alongside him.

Edited by kevin100 - 09 Feb 2022 at 8:48pm
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 10:45pm
maybe a move to forest would have suited him better
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 2:22pm
Fir enough. But people will soon be getting sycamore jokes of this timber. Maybe time to leaf it be ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 1:45pm
Can i play...

He was like a beaver dam when he faced Sammon and his leap in the SPL some years ago. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 1:36pm
I thought he would have been well protected by playing tree at the back.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 1:04pm
But he's poplar with the fans, they'll be rowan in behind him.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 12:53pm
Woodman is a bit of a sap anyway, he'll be getting plenty of splinters sitting on the mahogany bench
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 12:47pm
Oakay, if yew say so.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 12:39pm
He's barking up the wrong tree if he think's he'll displace Travers who is pineing to get back in the team

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 07 Feb 2022 at 12:40pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

A root and branch review of Bournemouths playing squad is underway

Looks like he may have to uproot again if things don't improve.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 37>
  Share Topic