You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armstrong Okoflex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

What's the story with this lad, can someone fill me in on the details?
Born in Dublin, played for England and then us?
I see that he transferred from Arsenal to Celtic, played 39 mins and seems to have pissed off fans with some social media posts?

He's packed a lot into a career already for a 19 year old!!
Only played in friendlies for England as he wasn’t fully qualified for them. His biggest impact at Celtic were probably his Instagram lives during the first lockdown.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 7:35pm
The most notable thing he did at Celtic was tell an 8 year old online that she’ll look “peng” when she’s older 
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The most notable thing he did at Celtic was tell an 8 year old online that she’ll look “peng” when she’s older 

peng???? I suppose it's obviously not a compliment........i need to get down with the kids to keep up with this new language!
It's not me it's you:-)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 6:07pm
It is a compliment. Which was the problem, given she was 8.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:53pm
would Oko-Flex have played under age internationals with
Mipo Odebuku? As both are together at West Ham, we’ll be hoping Moyes gives youth a shot next season. We might be asking a lot for them two and Conor Coventry to get game time….

Edited by greenshoots - 29 Jun 2021 at 8:53pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:57pm

Mipo Odebuku? As both are together at West Ham, we’ll be hoping Moyes gives youth a shot next season. We might be asking a lot for them two and Conor Coventry to get game time….

LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:57pm

They both won the Victory sheild at u16 level for Ireland.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 9:04pm
ok hopefully Oko-Flex can help convince Mipo that his future lies with us…
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 4:45pm
Scores the 6th for west ham against Celtic today in a friendly 
6-2
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 9:49pm
Hattrick for the West ham U23s tonight. Coventry and Odubeko also on the score sheet. Thin West Ham squad might see all involved with the first team 
GWAN YBIG
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 12:13am
Cap him ASAP
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Cap him ASAP

Cap his brother as well , is his mother any good ? Cap her too just to be on the safe side and make sure you get the address right to send the ‘you are now Irish’  welcome pack to
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 10:09am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 10:53am

He has hit the ground running at West Ham anyway!!

I wonder if odubeko is happy about Okoflex coming in and potentially bumping him down the pecking order at West ham.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 12:14pm
Just curious lads what’s the situation with Oko Flex and England? Is he basically not allowed declare for England now? 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Just curious lads what’s the situation with Oko Flex and England? Is he basically not allowed declare for England now? 

I understand that his links to England would be supported via 5 year residency. As he has moved to Scotland that 5 year period was not met. So I guess he would have to wait another 5 years to qualify for England.

All in all its difficult to swallow as if he did qualify for England would he left the ireland set up? On finding out he doesn't qualify are we just a fall back option where his heart is not really in it.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 12:53pm
Listening to the interview, he sounds like a born and reared Londoner, with zero hints of his Irish roots.

I'd question how Irish he feels, which is not a judgment as I think he left Ireland when he was 11 or 12, so his formative teenage years have been in England (and in London).

I can't help but feel that, for lads with only tentative ties to here (as in, simply born here out of circumstance to two non-Irish parents), the realities of International football mean it's treated as a career choice more than anything else.
But look, if he plays for us and says he wants to play for us and puts in a shift, that's good enough for me.

Edited by Fozz - 17 Aug 2021 at 12:54pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Cap him ASAP

Cap his brother as well , is his mother any good ? Cap her too just to be on the safe side and make sure you get the address right to send the ‘you are now Irish’  welcome pack to
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
  Share Topic