You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armstrong Okoflex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 9:27pm
Weren't lads on here saying he needed to get his loan cancelled? For a lad having his first loan at Championship level especially he's getting a good introduction! We see so many young players 19/20 have to drop to League 1 as they ain't ready for Championship level.

Edited by kevin100 - 01 Nov 2022 at 9:28pm
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:12pm
Starts today. Manning and Obafemi also in the team.

Edited by Bandwagon - 05 Nov 2022 at 2:13pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Starts today. Manning and Obafemi also in the team.

Ffs, needs another loan move!!
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:27pm
Playing RWB if Livescore is correct.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 4:25pm
Subbed at Half time
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 10:52am
Russell Martin's comments on why Okoflex was subbed at half time.

"Russell Martin suggested that Armstrong Oko-Flex's work out of possession was the reason for his half-time withdrawal during the draw with Wigan.

The West Ham loanee was handed his first start for the club and was the brightest spark for the hosts in the first half. However, he was replaced by Jamie Paterson for the second half, with Swansea dominating after the restart following a sloppy start to proceedings from the outset.

And Martin says Oko-Flex is aware of why he was substituted at the break. "I was happy with moments," said Martin of the 20-year-old's display.

"We were very young playing against a very experienced team. Armstrong has been really good coming off the bench and I felt he deserved a start. Sometimes it goes well and sometimes it doesn't go so well.

"Some people will look at some of the bits he did and will be wondering why he came off. Armstrong will know the reason, that's the most important bit. He will learn from it and get better.

"We just need to keep trying to develop him the same as the other players because he's playing in a very different way at a different level to what he has been. He just needs to keep doing what he's asked and he'll be more than fine.

"When we have such clarity in what we want in can be quite frustrating sometimes when we don't get it. We've made a few changes to the team recently because of that.

"We just need to keep developing Armstrong's understanding of what we want from him, especially out of possession."

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 2:55pm
There's chatter about whether or not West Ham will recall him. Not getting enough games at Swansea. The hitch though, he's already played for West Ham this season so he can't be sent on another loan. Certainly isn't ready for the PL.

Swansea looking to bring in Ogbene too, he can cover the winger/striker/attacking RWB roles that Oko-Flex has played.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 8:50pm
Swansea seem happy enough to let him go after Russell Martin admitted that he probably won't get many minutes in the second half of the season if he stays.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 10:52am
Recalled by West Ham. Odd few months for him, he seemed to impress the Swansea support when he played but Russell Martin clearly didn't take to him at all.

Does his 9 minute cameo for West Ham in Europe mean he can't go out on loan again this season? Would probably be looking at League 1 if he could move again. Would he be allowed to go on loan to another country, maybe even to Ireland?

Edited by You Tell Me - 06 Jan 2023 at 10:56am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 11:43am
Yeah I'm sure he now has to remain at West Ham unless he joins a club whose league plays March to November. Could join the LOI which is highly doubtful and not sure where else they could send him bar US or Scandinavian leagues.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 12:40pm
Swansea fans not too pleased - suggestions that it plays into a wider theme of Martin wasting what's available to him this season.
We're decent enough..
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 2:56pm
Saw him play for Swansea a couple of times and he actually looked good. strange one.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Saw him play for Swansea a couple of times and he actually looked good. strange one.

Yep, and that was while playing out of position as well. They've stuck fairly rigidly to a back 5 with wing-backs. Hopefully he can get another loan somewhere in March to one of the Summer-calendar leagues for a couple of months.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 1:26pm
Out the door at West Ham alongside Odubeko.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 1:37pm
Got minutes at Swansea last season and some fans thought he should have gotten more. Hopefully like Luca can find himself a club where he plays regularly next season.

Similar with Odubeko but after two poor loans at League One it's gonna be interesting who takes a chance. Given his strengths I think he'd be best served going abroad. Couple of seasons abroad similar to Cullen and see what offers he gets.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 1:41pm
Would think Okoflex would get a better offer at this point than Odubeko. Odubeko has had three poor loans so will need someone to take a chance on him. Though there's usually more demand for a big centre forward than a tricky winger. Long term I have doubts as to whether either will make it in the professional game. I think it's a while since either lived in Ireland - both left around the 12-14 age group I think, but a move to a good League of Ireland club mightn't be the worst thing for either player at this point.

Edited by You Tell Me - 16 Jun 2023 at 1:41pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 3:31pm
Joins FC Zurich who are currently sitting top of the Swiss League after four games.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 3:40pm
Pretty good move, certainly beats Serie C.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic