Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro U17s May 3-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:38pm
Interesting to see a few lads in their squad who have moved abroad so young. 

I also assume that someone will enquire as to whether Malachi Fagan-Walcott has any Irish in him.LOL
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:53pm
Surely the only time we'll ever have players from Ballinamallard and Real Betis in the same squad. 

Lack of expectation around the squad compared to previous years and given recent results might be a good thing.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

No Okoflex in English squad.

England squad

Goalkeepers: Louie Moulden (Manchester City), James Trafford (Manchester City)

Defenders: Matthew Bondswell (RB Leipzig), Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Manchester City), Malachi Fagan-Walcott (Tottenham Hotspur), Teden Mengi (Manchester United), Haydon Roberts (Brighton & Hove Albion), Samson Robinson (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Miguel Azeez (Arsenal), Lewis Bate (Chelsea), Teddy Jenks (Brighton & Hove Albion), Nonso Madueke (PSV Eindhoven), Yunus Musah (Arsenal), Cole Palmer (Manchester City), Jensen Weir (Wigan Athletic), Jeremy Sarmiento (Benfica)

Forwards: Joseph Gelhardt (Wigan Athletic), Sam Greenwood (Arsenal), Benjamin Knight (Manchester City), Morgan Rogers (West Bromwich Albion)

England game v France on BBC Connected TV and the BBC website. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Does anybody know more about this 17s crop? Are they as good as the 19s? Do they have a chance in to get out of the group and go far in this tournament? Stand-out players? 

Cheers!

Main stand-outs based on my limited knowledge:
Bazunu - was excellent for Rovers' 1st team, good reports from Man City so far
Garcia McNulty - our U16 POTY, skillful CB who scores a few goals
Ebosele - haven't seen much of him but I liked what I saw - committed and strong. Has played at U19s
McCann -  One of the top talents in the squad IMO, English-born. Was snapped up by Man U from Coventry. Scored a nice brace on his U18 Man U debut. Massive potential
Everitt - haven't seen anything, but heard good things.

Although there may be totally legitimate reasons for it, the absence of Deji Sotona of Man U was a little surprising to me.

Nice to see a good LOI representation, but also clubs like Norwich, Southampton and Derby - all known for their decent academies. It's a very strong squad - really hope they do well. 

Edited by skylarking - 02 May 2019 at 8:15pm
McCarthyy21 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Does anybody know more about this 17s crop? Are they as good as the 19s? Do they have a chance in to get out of the group and go far in this tournament? Stand-out players? 

Cheers!

Main stand-outs based on my limited knowledge:
Bazunu - was excellent for Rovers' 1st team, good reports from Man City so far
Garcia McNulty - our U16 POTY, skillful CB who scores a few goals
Ebosele - haven't seen much of him but I liked what I saw - committed and strong. Has played at U19s
McCann -  One of the top talents in the squad IMO, English-born. Was snapped up by Man U from Coventry. Scored a nice brace on his U18 Man U debut. Massive potential
Everitt - haven't seen anything, but heard good things.

Although there may be totally legitimate reasons for it, the absence of Deji Sotona of Man U was a little surprising to me.

Nice to see a good LOI representation, but also clubs like Norwich, Southampton and Derby - all known for their decent academies. It's a very strong squad - really hope they do well. 

Agree with these, Joe Hodge from City is meant to be very good too, England fans don't seem to be very happy losing him to us, Also surprised that neither Sotona nor Odubeko were named in the squad.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:43pm
Hopefully now there will be a decent crowd at the game tomorrow. Going to the game in Tolka Park in the morning too. Would be great if were was a decent crowd behind the goals like in 114 and get a bit of atmosphere for tomorrow night for the lads to spur them on.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:47pm
Ebosele barely got a look in on the warm up games from memory. 
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:07pm
Sotona and Odubeko have played a grand total of 187 minutes between them this season for the Man United U18's, so its understandable why they're not included.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:09pm
Seen on twitter they may not have been released due to sitting A levels .
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

Sotona and Odubeko have played a grand total of 187 minutes between them this season for the Man United U18's, so its understandable why they're not included.

Ah, I was't aware of that, thanks. I was extremely impressed from what little I saw of Sotona
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Free parking in the square tomorrow?

Anyone know this? Remember a few years back they didn't have free parking for dundalk bate, was a nightmare after 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:26pm
Both keepers in England squad are with Man City. Stiff competition for Bazuna at club level wha
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:44am
Any insight as to how McCann and Hodge qualify? Percentage or grand parentage?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:59am
Anyone know how many of the squad are born outside of Ireland? 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 9:50am
Madness there is a round of LOI on at same time as this tonight - doesn't do either any favours

Also noticed that both of England's keepers are with Man City, plenty of competition for Bazuanu, be impressive to even be their U-18s first choice.
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:00am
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Madness there is a round of LOI on at same time as this tonight - doesn't do either any favours

Also noticed that both of England's keepers are with Man City, plenty of competition for Bazuanu, be impressive to even be their U-18s first choice.

I believe he's the second choice at City at the moment.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:06am
any chart with fixtures,dates& venues?
Easy to read jobby 👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:27am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
  Share Topic