Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56941
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 4:28am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Euro U17s May 3-19
Posted By: Missy
Subject: Euro U17s May 3-19
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 1:53pm
I hope  this is well attended and supported. Our good friend Cria is  one of the people running this event. Tickets are free and available through Ticketmaster and FAI ticket office.
It would be great to get as many people into all games. Like most here I feel like I owe her a favour or 2 so I will be attending  all ROI games and most games within an hour or so from Mullingar. It would be great if some of you could attend a game or 2 in your locality.

Replies:
Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 1:57pm
How did you manage to get them for free? Thought they were all a fiver.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 1:57pm
Can we just take a moment to thank JD for this championships coming to Ireland as we all know this wouldn't happen without him....!!!

In all seriousness, If I was at home I'd be trying to go to as many games as possible. Hopefully our lads will get great support and hopefully the event is well supported in general. Would make our bids for future tournaments stronger. And hopefully seeing this top underage players might inspire the younger generations. 

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:05pm
Will go to our games in Tallaght but I thought all tickets were a fiver. FAI said to me on Facebook that because it's a UEFA event, season ticket holders do not get in for free.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:16pm
Ireland games would be a great occasion to hold a protest against JD and the FAI in front of all their Uefa 'friends'

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:26pm
Will go to the tallaght games and got a ticket for the final. Can't go wrong for a fiver a pop

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Ireland games would be a great occasion to hold a protest against JD and the FAI in front of all their Uefa 'friends'

I'd be against this - not fair on our U-17 team

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 3:29pm
a comprise if you want to protest do so  at games where Ireland are not playing

-------------
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 3:45pm
Or after at main entrance to Tallaght Stadium. HE will be there and a lot of UEFA VIPs.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

How did you manage to get them for free? Thought they were all a fiver.
I just received an email from the FAI offering me tickets for €2.

It really is Arthur Daley stuff isn it.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 4:03pm
€2  is the handling charge package and postage. Think that they are free in Ticketmaster too just handling fees.

-------------
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 6:50pm
I paid 5 euro each plus handling on ticketmaster.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 7:22pm
Presume you can pay into all these games at the gate?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Presume you can pay into all these games at the gate?
Bollocks, I misread that. Being a smart arse doesn't always come off.Embarrassed

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: nordlingen
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
would be totally against any form of protest at any of the games....
Hoping to tip up to Longford for England v France on Fri then back to Tallaght Stadium for Ireland v Greece + 5/6 more over the two weeks...
Anyone know if it's definite that tickets on sale at grounds on match days ?

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Can we just take a moment to thank JD for this championships coming to Ireland as we all know this wouldn't happen without him....!!!

In all seriousness, If I was at home I'd be trying to go to as many games as possible. Hopefully our lads will get great support and hopefully the event is well supported in general. Would make our bids for future tournaments stronger. And hopefully seeing this top underage players might inspire the younger generations. 

I'm still thanking him for the WNT's upcoming fixture in September.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:04pm

Republic of Ireland Under-17 Head Coach Colin O'Brien can now fully prepare for the 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championships after learning who his team will face in the group stage of the tournament.

The tournament, which will be held in The Republic of Ireland from May 3-19, sees 15 teams join the host nation in competing for the trophy that was last lifted by The Netherlands in England in 2018.

The draw ceremony took place in Aviva Stadium - with over 14,000 people from around the world tuning into the live stream on the FAI Facebook page - and all 16 nations who will be involved were represented.

Tournament ambassador John O'Shea helped conduct the Draw, which saw Ireland placed into Group A alongside Greece, Czech Republic, and Belgium.

FAI Season Ticket Holders and Club Ireland Members get free access to matches as part of their membership

https://fai.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=67e524e5a6ebc3f6590f643f1&id=566256076f&e=ffcc006178" rel="nofollow -

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:12pm
Will take a few of theses games in on the ST so

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:21pm
You need to apply through the ticket office and they send you out tickets.
This is to do with Health and Safety 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:46pm
Will Troy Parrot be in our squad or is only going to be involved with the 21s etc ?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 1:12am
he should be in the squad to get tournament experience for his development 

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

I hope  this is well attended and supported. Our good friend Cria is  one of the people running this event. Tickets are free and available through Ticketmaster and FAI ticket office.
It would be great to get as many people into all games. Like most here I feel like I owe her a favour or 2 so I will be attending  all ROI games and most games within an hour or so from Mullingar. It would be great if some of you could attend a game or 2 in your locality.

This. the boys deserve good support.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:30pm
I see season ticket holders have free access now to the matches. anyone know how to activate this? FAI email is less than clear...

Posted By: RobsYourUncle
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

I see season ticket holders have free access now to the matches. anyone know how to activate this? FAI email is less than clear...

I'd imagine all you've to do is show your card at the gate

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

I'd imagine all you've to do is show your card at the gate

You pre apply for Tickets through the ticket office. They will get paper tickets to you. 
You WILL NOT GET IN with ST arcthe gate

-------------

Posted By: superp
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 11:27am
yeah hope the tournament goes well. Great chance to see the stars of the future. hopefully the irish lads get a great turn out to support them. Going to get to as many games as possible. would bne great to see the u17 go far 

-------------
irish to the core

Posted By: McCarthyy21
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 11:38pm
Have we any idea when the squad for this will be released? 

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 3:45pm
Ticket prices start at €5 for adults and Under-16s go FREE.  https://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/p6dd8b" rel="nofollow - Click here to secure tickets now

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/fixtures-confirmed-for-u17-euros

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 4:19pm
Match Officials - only one top Irish Match Official involved (4th Official duties) some fella by the name of Paul McLaughlin Big smile

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: delgado
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:45am
See these 2 lads have signed on as scholars for man utd,
is only one i our under 17 squad
mipo odubeko,deji sotona

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 11:21am
Both eligible for u17 next year. Squad announced on Monday.

Posted By: sligoybig
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 12:26pm
Are you sure? Both are U16 this year for club(Sep-Aug) but International is done by calendar year and they are both born in 2002 which makes this there last year U17......... I think.

Posted By: skylarking
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:27pm
Would love to see Deji Sotona or Mipo Odubeko make the squad. Can't say I'm an expert in the ins and outs of eligibility but I see Deji recently went from the U16's to make his debut for the U18’s in March. Looks very promising from his highlight reel - lightning fast and confident!

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by sligoybig sligoybig wrote:

Are you sure? Both are U16 this year for club(Sep-Aug) but International is done by calendar year and they are both born in 2002 which makes this there last year U17......... I think.

Your right, thought they were 2003. 

Be sad to see the likes of them, Parrott and Okoflex miss out. Could go a long way with likes of them involved.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:02am

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/u17-euro-ireland-squad-announced-for-tournament" rel="nofollow -
https://www.fai.ie/.../u17-euro-ireland-squad-announced-for-tournament

7 minutes ago · Republic of Ireland Under-17 Head Coach Colin O'Brien has announced his squad for the 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championships, which kick off in Ireland on Friday, May 3.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:04am
Hopefully Ireland will do well

-------------

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:21am
Still unsure if spurs will release Troy Parrot .

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:31am
Release the Parrott

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 12:04pm
Will be a huge miss if they don’t release him. Havnt seen him play live yet but he really is our best underage prospect. What is the actual reason they won’t release him? Do they want to give him a rest or are they still involved in some league that late?

Posted By: Joxer34
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 12:33pm
Surprised the two lads from united mipo odubeko and deji sotona haven’t made it and isn’t tyreik Wright still underage??

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 12:53pm
Got an email from the FAI saying that I'll need to print off tickets as season ticket won't work on the night. Email says U16's are free in but they also need a ticket. There was no option to add a childrens ticket to mine when I clicked the link. Then when I looked on Ticketmaster, children tickets were only available in another part of the ground. Anyone else have this problem?

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Got an email from the FAI saying that I'll need to print off tickets as season ticket won't work on the night. Email says U16's are free in but they also need a ticket. There was no option to add a childrens ticket to mine when I clicked the link. Then when I looked on Ticketmaster, children tickets were only available in another part of the ground. Anyone else have this problem?
Just get an adult ticket for them anyway when they are free. I think you can get up to 8 tickets anywy

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Just get an adult ticket for them anyway when they are free. I think you can get up to 8 tickets anywy
Will try that so. Thumbs Up

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:12pm
Had problems getting tickets for the games in Home Farm did anyone else have the same problem? Some good games on in Tolka Park and Whitehall. Very handy as both only a few minutes walk from college.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:27pm
Got 5 tickets for the two Ireland matches in Tallaght and the Semi in Tallaght. Would only allow me to get 3 for the final.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:29pm
No Okoflex, Parrott, Odubeko, Sotona or Gilseenan.

Obviously Okoflex has been playing with the Brits, Gilseenan hasnt been involved in any squads for some reason and Parrott might be involved, anyone know why the other 2 arnt included ? 

Posted By: Yoco Santos
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:53pm
Not returning any ticket for the Netherlands v England game and the final through season ticket link. Anyone else having a problem with tickets for those games?

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

Not returning any ticket for the Netherlands v England game and the final through season ticket link. Anyone else having a problem with tickets for those games?
Got the final grand yeah but nothing for any games in home farm

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:59pm
RTE showing the game against Greece live on RTE 2 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Yoco Santos
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Pity it is on the same night as a full round of LOI fixtures.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 2:28pm

Yeah terrible planning. Would have been very easy to move the LOI to the Saturday for on week. Might have even attracted some travelling fans to the games

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:05pm

🙈🙈🙈

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:19pm

🙈🙈🙈
This concept needs to be looked at also, one of the reason there was such a big crowd in tallaght for the Rovers v Bohs game was because it was a stand alone fixture. I was at the game and in my company was 3 Cork City supporters, 1 Shels, 1 Pat's and 1 neutral.  

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:43pm

It seems you can still buy tickets for Whitehall but don't see any free ones.  

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:01pm

I can never get me head around this, it is something that happens a lot in Irish football. How hard would it have been to tweak the fixtures? We have a fairly small match going population, most of those with an interest in the u-17 tournament would be LOI match goers. If nothing else, would be a nice gesture for the 'football family'...

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: RobsYourUncle
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:02pm
Also unable to get any tickets for the Final...

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

🙈🙈🙈
This concept needs to be looked at also, one of the reason there was such a big crowd in tallaght for the Rovers v Bohs game was because it was a stand alone fixture. I was at the game and in my company was 3 Cork City supporters, 1 Shels, 1 Pat's and 1 neutral.  
Who was the neutral then WinkWink

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Also unable to get any tickets for the Final...

Surely there is no chance of 8,000 people attending the final and tickets should be easy enough to come by a bit closer to the time?

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:38pm
probably need to wait until the finalists have been decided

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 8:36pm
And just like that Troy Parrott is absoloutley creamed while playing for Spurs u23 and is strechered off. Hope hes alright. Dosent sound good.

Posted By: Howdo
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

And just like that Troy Parrott is absoloutley creamed while playing for Spurs u23 and is strechered off. Hope hes alright. Dosent sound good.

Leg broken it seems

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 10:41pm
Am I imagining that a lot of our top under age prospects get injured just when it seems they're on the brink of first team football?

In recent times Jayson Molumby, Aaron Connolly and now Parrott have all suffered pretty bad injuries at crucial moments of their careers.

Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Am I imagining that a lot of our top under age prospects get injured just when it seems they're on the brink of first team football?

In recent times Jayson Molumby, Aaron Connolly and now Parrott have all suffered pretty bad injuries at crucial moments of their careers.

Michael Obafemi is another one - just a week after his first Premier League goal too, rotten luck

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:17am
Anybody know if there is TV coverage of the tournament outside of RTE ? Can't see anything on the Eurosport website about it.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Anybody know if there is TV coverage of the tournament outside of RTE ? Can't see anything on the Eurosport website about it.

not TV but I believe UEFA are streaming games on their website.

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:04pm
Does anybody know more about this 17s crop? Are they as good as the 19s? Do they have a chance in to get out of the group and go far in this tournament? Stand-out players? 

Cheers!

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Leg broken it seems

I think he's ok
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/no-broken-bones-troy-parrott-delivers-injury-update-but-will-miss-irelands-u17-euro-campaign-38063126.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/no-broken-bones-troy-parrott-delivers-injury-update-but-will-miss-irelands-u17-euro-campaign-38063126.html

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 2:50pm
Be nice if he could play some part in Toulon with the u21's

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 3:21pm
Free parking in the square tomorrow?

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Does anybody know more about this 17s crop? Are they as good as the 19s? Do they have a chance in to get out of the group and go far in this tournament? Stand-out players? 

Cheers!
Havent seen much of this age group but Ive seen and heard great things about Ebosele a very pacy winger who had his pick of clubs apparently but chose Derby. 

Then Bazunu who was very good with Rovers last year in nets.

Sobowale, Hodge and McCann are with City and Utd so must have something about them. 

Havent seen the rest play but be great to see them make the World Cup later in the year.

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:10pm
Results in friendly games ahead of this tournament suggest that this side isn’t as strong as recent years, but still some decent players about. 

With that being said it’s hard to judge a team that hasn’t played a competitive game together. 

Hopefully they can atleast make it out of the group. 

Posted By: DalyerRegular
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:29pm

No Okoflex in English squad.

England squad

Goalkeepers: Louie Moulden (Manchester City), James Trafford (Manchester City)

Defenders: Matthew Bondswell (RB Leipzig), Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Manchester City), Malachi Fagan-Walcott (Tottenham Hotspur), Teden Mengi (Manchester United), Haydon Roberts (Brighton & Hove Albion), Samson Robinson (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Miguel Azeez (Arsenal), Lewis Bate (Chelsea), Teddy Jenks (Brighton & Hove Albion), Nonso Madueke (PSV Eindhoven), Yunus Musah (Arsenal), Cole Palmer (Manchester City), Jensen Weir (Wigan Athletic), Jeremy Sarmiento (Benfica)

Forwards: Joseph Gelhardt (Wigan Athletic), Sam Greenwood (Arsenal), Benjamin Knight (Manchester City), Morgan Rogers (West Bromwich Albion)

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:38pm
Interesting to see a few lads in their squad who have moved abroad so young. 

I also assume that someone will enquire as to whether Malachi Fagan-Walcott has any Irish in him.LOL

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:53pm
Surely the only time we'll ever have players from Ballinamallard and Real Betis in the same squad. 

Lack of expectation around the squad compared to previous years and given recent results might be a good thing.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

No Okoflex in English squad.

England squad

Goalkeepers: Louie Moulden (Manchester City), James Trafford (Manchester City)

Defenders: Matthew Bondswell (RB Leipzig), Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Manchester City), Malachi Fagan-Walcott (Tottenham Hotspur), Teden Mengi (Manchester United), Haydon Roberts (Brighton & Hove Albion), Samson Robinson (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Miguel Azeez (Arsenal), Lewis Bate (Chelsea), Teddy Jenks (Brighton & Hove Albion), Nonso Madueke (PSV Eindhoven), Yunus Musah (Arsenal), Cole Palmer (Manchester City), Jensen Weir (Wigan Athletic), Jeremy Sarmiento (Benfica)

Forwards: Joseph Gelhardt (Wigan Athletic), Sam Greenwood (Arsenal), Benjamin Knight (Manchester City), Morgan Rogers (West Bromwich Albion)

England game v France on BBC Connected TV and the BBC website. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:12pm

Cheers!

Main stand-outs based on my limited knowledge:
Bazunu - was excellent for Rovers' 1st team, good reports from Man City so far
Garcia McNulty - our U16 POTY, skillful CB who scores a few goals
Ebosele - haven't seen much of him but I liked what I saw - committed and strong. Has played at U19s
McCann -  One of the top talents in the squad IMO, English-born. Was snapped up by Man U from Coventry. Scored a nice brace on his U18 Man U debut. Massive potential
Everitt - haven't seen anything, but heard good things.

Although there may be totally legitimate reasons for it, the absence of Deji Sotona of Man U was a little surprising to me.

Nice to see a good LOI representation, but also clubs like Norwich, Southampton and Derby - all known for their decent academies. It's a very strong squad - really hope they do well. 

Posted By: McCarthyy21
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

Cheers!

Main stand-outs based on my limited knowledge:
Bazunu - was excellent for Rovers' 1st team, good reports from Man City so far
Garcia McNulty - our U16 POTY, skillful CB who scores a few goals
Ebosele - haven't seen much of him but I liked what I saw - committed and strong. Has played at U19s
McCann -  One of the top talents in the squad IMO, English-born. Was snapped up by Man U from Coventry. Scored a nice brace on his U18 Man U debut. Massive potential
Everitt - haven't seen anything, but heard good things.

Although there may be totally legitimate reasons for it, the absence of Deji Sotona of Man U was a little surprising to me.

Nice to see a good LOI representation, but also clubs like Norwich, Southampton and Derby - all known for their decent academies. It's a very strong squad - really hope they do well. 

Agree with these, Joe Hodge from City is meant to be very good too, England fans don't seem to be very happy losing him to us, Also surprised that neither Sotona nor Odubeko were named in the squad.

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:43pm
Hopefully now there will be a decent crowd at the game tomorrow. Going to the game in Tolka Park in the morning too. Would be great if were was a decent crowd behind the goals like in 114 and get a bit of atmosphere for tomorrow night for the lads to spur them on.

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:47pm
Ebosele barely got a look in on the warm up games from memory. 

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:07pm
Sotona and Odubeko have played a grand total of 187 minutes between them this season for the Man United U18's, so its understandable why they're not included.

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:09pm
Seen on twitter they may not have been released due to sitting A levels .

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

Sotona and Odubeko have played a grand total of 187 minutes between them this season for the Man United U18's, so its understandable why they're not included.

Ah, I was't aware of that, thanks. I was extremely impressed from what little I saw of Sotona

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Free parking in the square tomorrow?

Anyone know this? Remember a few years back they didn't have free parking for dundalk bate, was a nightmare after 

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:26pm
Both keepers in England squad are with Man City. Stiff competition for Bazuna at club level wha

-------------

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:44am
Any insight as to how McCann and Hodge qualify? Percentage or grand parentage?

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: Gabrieléire
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:59am
Anyone know how many of the squad are born outside of Ireland? 

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 9:50am
Madness there is a round of LOI on at same time as this tonight - doesn't do either any favours

Also noticed that both of England's keepers are with Man City, plenty of competition for Bazuanu, be impressive to even be their U-18s first choice.

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:00am
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Madness there is a round of LOI on at same time as this tonight - doesn't do either any favours

Also noticed that both of England's keepers are with Man City, plenty of competition for Bazuanu, be impressive to even be their U-18s first choice.

I believe he's the second choice at City at the moment.

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:06am
any chart with fixtures,dates& venues?
Easy to read jobby 👍

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:27am

-------------

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 12:17pm
Hodge & Everitt are the only Engloids as far as I know

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

wow that’s some competition 

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 1:12pm
Czech Republic 1-0 up against Belgium in other group A game. A draw would probably suit us best, if not a Belgium win as we play them in the last game when they’re potentially already through.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 3:05pm
Any reason why Tolka is being used ahead of Dalymount? Would have thought Dalyer would have the better facilities etc!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Czech Republic 1-0 up against Belgium in other group A game. A draw would probably suit us best, if not a Belgium win as we play them in the last game when they’re potentially already through.

Finished 1-1 with 95th minute equaliser from Belgium who had a man sent of 10 mins earlier.

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 4:22pm
Belgium equalised in added time with ten men.  Decent game.  I thought the Belgians shaded the first half but went behind early in the 2nd half failing to defend a corner.  

It will be tough for us to get past either side so tonight is absolutely a must win.  

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 5:59pm
Have noticed all of the FAI official releases over the last couple of days misspell Festy Ebosele's name. People are pointing it out to them on Twitter. Amateur hour strikes again - show a bit of respect to the lad !

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Hodge & Everitt are the only Engloids as far as I know
Charlie McCann is

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 6:58pm
anyone have a link to a stream for this? I'm outside ireland so RTE Player won't work

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 6:59pm
All the lads singing the anthem... good start!

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net