Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:38am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Van Dijk was at Celtic to the age of 24, Southampton to the age of 27 but yes let’s write Collins off at 22 years of age.

It’s as well this place wasn’t about when Richard Dunne was 22.

I don't see anyone writing him off.

Then you haven’t read the past few pages Hoolahan.
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:44am
Nobody is writing him off, it's just concerning to see the amount of mistakes he's making that are being punished. He needs to cut them out and fast. Football is a cruel industry and I'm shocked he hasn't been dropped as of yet. He's been poor for us as well, just has lapses in concentration and it's happening in every game. A bit of realism here lads, he's not the Rolls Royce he was once touted on here but has plenty of time to improve. 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:59am

Van Dijk was at Celtic to the age of 24, Southampton to the age of 27 but yes let’s write Collins off at 22 years of age.

Me either
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:02am

Then you haven’t read the past few pages Hoolahan.

I've read every single one of them while I eat my bucket of popcorn. The most damning criticisms are comments usually prefaced by people emphasising that they like him and that he has obvious potential but that he needs to cut mistakes out of his game if he is to see the potential that saw him linked with teams like Man Utd realised. How on earth is any of that writing him off? I don't think I've read anyone say that he needs to drop down to the Championship or that he's as well to retire. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Salmon of Knowledge Salmon of Knowledge wrote:

Sorry lads, but Collins is rubbish. Wolves would have been relegated last year if they hadn't dropped him and bought in Craig Dawson in the Jan transfer window. And judging by today's performance, Brentford might get relegated too if they keep starting him. 

FAO Baggio and Hotlips
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Murph Murph wrote:

collins is a brutal defender,seems to be getting worse instead of better the older he gets 

Another.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:04am

seriously,one of our most important players,we could make a team of centre backs,he's the worst of the lot, living off that one goal for Ireland 

Not even in our top 10 centre backs according to this genius.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:07am
He's an absolute bomb scare,
Take the blinkers off lads, he's not good enough.
always due a f**k up it seems.
Sorry lads, but Collins is rubbish
collins is a brutal defender

Just two pages back and you get them quotes from multiple posters.

Who should be taking the blinkers off?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:08am
"It’s as well this place wasn’t about when Richard Dunne was 22."

There are loads of posters posting reasonable criticisms of Collins's performances but you make a blanket judgment on the entire place because of two people going too far with it. Seems a tad unfair to me. Don't let two people calling him "rubbish" invalidate the better articulated criticisms from other posters.

Edited by razzmatazaz - 20 Feb 2024 at 11:09am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:15am

seriously,one of our most important players,we could make a team of centre backs,he's the worst of the lot, living off that one goal for Ireland 

I'd be sure that these comments were made when he was breaking through at Burnley, which was a long time ago now.

Not long after, he was a rolls royce of a footballer and world class and according to other posters.

The reality he is somewhere in the middle - he's neither written off or world class.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:31am

There are loads of posters posting reasonable criticisms of Collins's performances but you make a blanket judgment on the entire place because of two people going too far with it. Seems a tad unfair to me. Don't let two people calling him "rubbish" invalidate the better articulated criticisms from other posters.

Again Hoolahan that post is credible, Dunne would have got pelters form the weirdos we have in our support.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:38am

Again Hoolahan that post is credible, Dunne would have got pelters form the weirdos we have in our support.

As evidenced by the emotion displayed on this thread over the last few days, there are extremes on both sides, just like fans of every national team, just as in all walks of life these days. For some people everything has to be militantly one way, and for others it's militantly the other. As Horsebox said, the truth is somewhere down the middle. Collins is a player with fantastic upside but it's not unfair to say he has had a turbulent season so far and was found wanting against Liverpool.

Not everything has to be black and white even if there will be inevitably be people using his performance against Wolves one week to slam any dissenters before people on the other side start calling him rubbish because he's poor against Liverpool the next week.

Look at the body of evidence. He's rarely sustained any momentum in form this season and didn't really build on his Ukraine performance with us.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:39am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd be sure that these comments were made when he was breaking through at Burnley, which was a long time ago now.

Not long after, he was a rolls royce of a footballer and world class and according to other posters.

The reality he is somewhere in the middle - he's neither written off or world class.

So in other words, you are writing off the possibility that he'll be a top defender.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:40am

This is the 3rd/4th profile you've set up in the past month HH, getting sloppy.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:41am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

So in other words, you are writing off the possibility that he'll be a top defender.

What I am saying that is that peoples opinions of him are at both ends of the spectrum.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Second Captain's mentioned a stat yesterday that he's made the most errors leading to goals (4) of any outfield player this season. Alexander-Arnold is closest with 2. 

I don't think playing in a back 3 suits him, especially with how open Brentford are when they chase a game. Playing in a back 4 might develop his concentration levels a bit because he won't have 2 other defenders to cover him when he makes a mistake. Although they weren't covering him too well against Liverpool anyway.
Brentford are one of the most data driven teams out there yet the still pick him. Maybe in isolation this one stat tells you not very much. 

I don’t think it’s a stat that can be argued against tbh.

No one should write him off, but he needs to gain a level of consistency, quickly.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:59am

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Second Captain's mentioned a stat yesterday that he's made the most errors leading to goals (4) of any outfield player this season. Alexander-Arnold is closest with 2. 

I don't think playing in a back 3 suits him, especially with how open Brentford are when they chase a game. Playing in a back 4 might develop his concentration levels a bit because he won't have 2 other defenders to cover him when he makes a mistake. Although they weren't covering him too well against Liverpool anyway.
Brentford are one of the most data driven teams out there yet the still pick him. Maybe in isolation this one stat tells you not very much. 

I don’t think it’s a stat that can be argued against tbh.

No one should write him off, but he needs to gain a level of consistency, quickly.

Well Pinnock is out until the end of March so that gets him a bit of breathing room he may not be afforded otherwise. Shackling Haaland tonight will go towards silencing some of the doubts.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 12:21pm
He needs to shackle the best CF in world football to prove he isn't sh*t. Our fanbase js out of touch alright, but not in the direction you're claiming.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697>
  Share Topic