You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 97>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 6:34pm
Burnley would be a good move. He could feasibly challenge for CB and RB positions this year and end up in the starting xi. If he’s playing in the premier league at 19, he could feasibly make a move up the league within a couple of seasons and still be a young acquisition with a high ceiling and high sell on value for any mid-high level club.

Michael Keane has done alright 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Burnley would be a good move. He could feasibly challenge for CB and RB positions this year and end up in the starting xi. If he’s playing in the premier league at 19, he could feasibly make a move up the league within a couple of seasons and still be a young acquisition with a high ceiling and high sell on value for any mid-high level club.

Michael Keane has done alright 

Burnley have Ben Mee and Tarkowski who are really good centre backs. Kevin Long is not too bad either. Jimmy Dunne would suffer greatly

I'd like to see Collins stay at Stoke for another season and then loon for a potential bigger move 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 6:55pm

Wasn’t there speculation that Tarkowski is looking for a move?
El Puto Amo
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:13pm
Tarkowski is gone at the end of the season will surely be signed in the summer. Burnley being very shrewd signing Collins for that money now. 

I think if Burnley stay up this year they will stay up the following year too it was just the club was unstable and had a shocking start this year. 

Might be no harm to wait out the summer as they will be looking for a defender in the summer anyways. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:13pm
Tarkowski will be gone in the summer.

He’s also a much better defender than Conor Coady, Eric Dier and Tyrone Mings, should get more games for England.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 24 Jan 2021 at 7:16pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Tarkowski will be gone in the summer.

He’s also a much better defender than Conor Coady, Eric Dier and Tyrone Mings, should get more games for England.

Yep most have called it right about Traks he wants out so he will move on and the summer looks like the best time for him .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 2:15pm
Burnley have an opening offer of £4.5m turned down. That's a lot. If the rule of thumb is that you add 10m to their value if they're British, that means he's worth £14.5m already.

Looks like Arsenal would rather do what's served them so well over the last 15 years and fritter away money on defenders from Ligue 1. Maybe if he had a vowel at the end of his name, like Sebastien Squillaci or Pablo Mari or Shkodran Mustafi.

Ah well.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Burnley have an opening offer of £4.5m turned down. That's a lot. If the rule of thumb is that you add 10m to their value if they're British, that means he's worth £14.5m already.

Looks like Arsenal would rather do what's served them so well over the last 15 years and fritter away money on defenders from Ligue 1. Maybe if he had a vowel at the end of his name, like Sebastien Squillaci or Pablo Mari or Shkodran Mustafi.

Ah well.
Yer HH the Clarets came in at 4.5 mill Stoke came back and said they want double that at least , always the same with them next offer will 6.25 plus add ons this will rumble on until the 31st where they will either go for Josh King or Knight at Derby , i really can't see they bringing in more than two players .

Tarks will go in the summer will Dunne make up the lightwight with Collins not sure .

Sure there other irons in the fire but this will come to the boil before the window shuts .

Like i say i expect at least one Irish player to be signed .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Ah well.
He would be better sitting tight. He’ll do better than Burnley.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:57pm
Agreed. The fact that Burnely came in at 4.5 looks says it all. Wait it out and he will get a nice move. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:15pm
4.5m is peanuts for a lad of his talent. Forget about the fact he’s Irish if he was Algerian or Chilean the same would apply he’s an outstanding talent. Surely goes for more then that. Chelsea Utd and Arsenal all linked to him last summer too. 

Burnley would be a good move for him as there would be nothing stopping him getting a similar move to what Keane or Tarkwoski will get down the line.

Do people here think he will do better then Burnley? How much better?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:17pm
What happened to Darren Fletcher thinking big things of the lad when he was at Stoke. Any chance with DF being at united, they'd have a sniff?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

What happened to Darren Fletcher thinking big things of the lad when he was at Stoke. Any chance with DF being at united, they'd have a sniff?
Too much quality at OT already 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He was linked with Man Utd last summer Im sure concrete enough rumours. If they signed him I say this as a United fan I’d like to see them loan him back out to Stoke. Ole literally plays Maguire in every game man has almost a perverse blindspot with him. Axel Tuanzebe at the moment is talented but can’t get games because god forbid he’s rest Maguire. 

Maguire is decent but he’s not that decent.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:16am
Collins has a broken bone in his foot, so hopefully won’t be out for too long

Not ideal, but better than knee injury
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:01pm
Man Utd being linked to Collins this morning. Was curious to see what Man Utd Twitter were giving out about being linked to a Championship player. Turns out it’s Collins. Not the first time he’s being linked to Man Utd. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:10pm
Dazzler Fletchers influence 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:18pm
That would be correct. He was linked to United in the summer of 2019 too and vividly last summer. Not the first time. 

I don’t know would that be a good thing long term for him but that link will do his profile no harm especially if it gets heavy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 97>
  Share Topic