You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 97>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 4:46am
If a team concedes 4 in the first half, it's hardly uncommon for a defender or 2 to be whipped off. 

It may have only been 1 goal out of 6 but that's a really poor mistake to make 3 minutes after coming on. His first thought should have been clear it, but again, focusing to much on being a ball playing CB rather than a fully defensive-minded one. Also, it was a crowded area too so the pass wasn't exactly on.

If he had come in and been solid for the 2nd half, he'd have had a very good chance to start the next game. Giving away a goal does little to help him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 7:15am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Ultimately Collins,Toti,Kilman Bueno are adults and I’m not excusing them for their part in the sh*tshow yesterday. 

To throw Collins and Toti in particular off the bench at half time into that mess and take off your experienced defenders was proper poor management. 

They are 4-0 down Collins and Toti weren’t part of the shambles in that half. Why throw them into it. A touch of a Mourinho move about it

I’m not generally one of these that go “oh he needs a loan” cause he doesn’t play a game etc but if that’s what Collins is going to be offered by Lopetegui long term then he’d be well advised to consider his future. 

A few Wolves fans on here any of them that can explain why he did that
I'm not a Wolves fan, but maybe, just maybe, Lopetegui hoped to improve things. Damned if he did, damned if he didn't. Suggesting substitutes - experienced or otherwise - should be saved from a "mess",  is nonsense. Had Collins been ignored you'd bemoan him not getting time . . .  and if he wasn't Irish you wouldn't give a fat rat's arse either way. 

Edited by Mr Brick - 01 May 2023 at 7:20am
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 2:36pm
"Focusing to much on being a ball playing CB rather than a fully defensive-minded one. Also, it was a crowded area too so the pass wasn't exactly on."

Sums it up for me.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

"Focusing to much on being a ball playing CB rather than a fully defensive-minded one. Also, it was a crowded area too so the pass wasn't exactly on."

Sums it up for me.

We've had any amount of "defensively minded" centre backs over the years, we should want him to be developing into a player like John Stones in 5 years, not another Shane Duffy. 

You can't simply play "safety first" for a couple of years and then magically develop back into ball-playing defender, you have to work through the difficult periods, make your mistakes, and come out a more complete player on the other side of it.
We're decent enough..
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:07pm
Stones had a manager at Everton whose priority was to play passing football and he stuck with Stones through his mistakes.

Collins is on a completely different trajectory at the moment given that his manager has already dropped him, presumably as he has little time for his repeated mistakes. He isnt going to win his place back under Lopetegui by playing stupid passes in like the one he played at the weekend. 

It was completely idiotic for him in those circumstances (chance to make an impression off the bench and win his place back) to do what he did. 

You simply cant decide that a player should disregard his current circumstances and start playing in a way you would like him to, pick out another player who had a completely different set of circumstances and say that it worked out for him, therefore.. LOL
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 5:24pm

Ultimately Collins,Toti,Kilman Bueno are adults and I’m not excusing them for their part in the sh*tshow yesterday. 

To throw Collins and Toti in particular off the bench at half time into that mess and take off your experienced defenders was proper poor management. 

They are 4-0 down Collins and Toti weren’t part of the shambles in that half. Why throw them into it. A touch of a Mourinho move about it

I’m not generally one of these that go “oh he needs a loan” cause he doesn’t play a game etc but if that’s what Collins is going to be offered by Lopetegui long term then he’d be well advised to consider his future. 

A few Wolves fans on here any of them that can explain why he did that

Honestly as said Wolves fan on this forum. I'm kind of ignoring yesterday. I think the win (massively important) against Palace took it out of us and Brighton are a significantly superior team who just had a disappointing result in the week so came in significantly more motivated with European football in sight.

Lopetegui definitely has a "I'm going to send them a message" tendancy. Which might be why he changed so much. He's kept a presumably fit Raul Jiminez and Rayan Ait-Nouri out of repeated matchday squads as apparently not training hard enough. When it works it's fine but won't win him some friendships with some players. Ultimately he took us from rock bottom 20th at Christmas to being basically safe mainly with a very unbalanced squad who don't score goals. He will deservedly get his own chance to change things in the summer. 

I'm not sure where Collins stands but don't consider it likely we would disregard a young homegrown CB so I reckon he will have his chance.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 2:15pm
Starts vs Everton.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 5:03pm
Almost a clean sheet but the keeper had a disaster in the 99th minute and Everton got a late equaliser.

Edited by You Tell Me - 20 May 2023 at 5:04pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 6:13pm
Did okay bit shaky to begin with I thought but grew into the game and was good overall. 

Edited by SC92 - 20 May 2023 at 6:13pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 1:22pm
Speaking to a Wolves fan he said his confidence looked a bit shot yesterday at times but he did play okay. Definitely a player in him.

Same individual thinks Kilman is being sold in the summer. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 2:38pm

Speaking to a Wolves fan he said his confidence looked a bit shot yesterday at times but he did play okay. Definitely a player in him.

Agreed with that assessment on Collins. Although the whole fanbase isn't convinced I've seen some stupid not good enough comments.

It wouldn't suprise me. I wouldn't sell Kilman but he would be good for FF reasons and there would be interest. Although we still lack homegrown players so unless we dip more into the English market than we have in recent years it doesn't make sense to sell him. I'm still hoping for the club to keep developing the Kilman and Collins pairing think it could work well with time.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Agreed with that assessment on Collins. Although the whole fanbase isn't convinced I've seen some stupid not good enough comments.

It wouldn't suprise me. I wouldn't sell Kilman but he would be good for FF reasons and there would be interest. Although we still lack homegrown players so unless we dip more into the English market than we have in recent years it doesn't make sense to sell him. I'm still hoping for the club to keep developing the Kilman and Collins pairing think it could work well with time.

Yeah the same fella likes Lopetegui but does worry it’s a high profile manager with a weak board situation. Cited Ait Nouri being frozen out as a good example talented young player who could be a £40/50m sale in a few years if developed properly. Stated a strong board doesn’t allow that to happen to a potential asset/talent. 

Collins would be another good example in the mould of Ait Nouri. Would make no logical sense to not want him/develop him long term but it’s hard to know what Lopetegui makes of him tbh. 

It will all stand to Collins with a view to the long term anyways.

Edited by kevin100 - 21 May 2023 at 4:29pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 2:14pm
Between Burnley & Wolves, if he starts today it'll be his 37th Premier League start, 45th PL appearance overall.

Not bad going at all for a lad only just turned 22.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 1:23pm
Would say he’ll go on loan or possibly sold next season. Him and Kilman are getting a lot of stick from the wolves fans. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Would say he’ll go on loan or possibly sold next season. Him and Kilman are getting a lot of stick from the wolves fans. 

I wouldn’t panic in that sense. Not sure Lopetegui is staying on. 

the stick both lads are getting is mental. Both talented defenders have made mistakes for sure but who hasn’t in that team. Dawson has been a benefit to both in terms of experience no doubt.  

Every chance Kilman will go for decent money. Has Spurs written all over it. 

Edited by kevin100 - 29 May 2023 at 11:56pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:33pm
A large section of the Wolves fans on social media give every player stick either they don't care, aren't good enough or we paid too much. Ruben Neves is the only exception. So it's nothing new after a bad result and a poor season.

I don't think we'll sell Collins at all. Young and homegrown players don't grow on trees and we won't get profit yet. Kilman is a different case as he's been here several years and we paid a pittance for him from non league so it's easy FFP profit. Though I'd also think we would be stupid to get rid of him too. Shame that partnership doesn't seem to be the most successful yet both need an experienced CB partner for sure, it could work in the future I'm sure though.

Edited by SC92 - 30 May 2023 at 4:34pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 7:22am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Think this would be the worst possible time for Wolves to sell Collins. He has had a poor enough season so they wouldn't make much if any profit on him. But his potential ceiling remains high and he has a lot of experience now - Championship, Premier League and international - for a player his age. I can still see him playing for a top 6/7 club in a few years time. I think we'll see him push back into the Wolves starting 11 at some point next season.

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 7:30pm
Conor Coady is heading back to Wolves after Everton refused to sign him ....
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 97>
  Share Topic