You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 97>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Just watched James being twisted in and out for Leicester's third goal this morning. Poor defending.
Didn't see the first two goals so I don't know if Collins was involved.

James lol

Oops!

He's a sh*te enough striker without blaming him for the defensive ills of a team he doesn't even play for!
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 10:48pm
Collins post match interview:

Collins was one of only four players to acknowledge the fans at full-time, as he raised his hands in apology, and the summer signing has now condemned the team’s display on a dismal day at Molineux.

He said: “It’s not good enough. End of. It’s nowhere near where we need to be.

“It’s a shambles, a poor performance. It was embarrassing playing that today, I feel ashamed, for me and the players, and we need a reaction.

“We said it before the game, both boxes, you look at the stats, we’ve had so many chances. We’ve had the better chances probably, but we don’t score a goal, they have five shots and score four goals. Defensively and attacking, we were nowhere near where we needed to be.

“I don’t think it can get much worse, I think we can get better. There’s so much quality in this dressing room to get better and I think we will.

“We’ve gone so low, we can only bounce back up. It’s my job and the other leaders in the group to get us going and get performances out of us.”

When asked about the fans’ frustration, Collins added: “I don’t blame them, they spent good money to come and watch us, and they didn’t deserve that from us, it was embarrassing from us, and they deserve better.

“They deserve for us to at least try hard. We didn’t give them a performance to be proud of.”
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 6:58am
I could be wrong but I get the sense that Wolves have a lot of technically proficient players who are ideal when the team is going well in the top half of the table, but maybe aren't as suited to the dogfight of a relegation scrap. Though lack of quality strikers is a big issue as well.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 3:14pm
Couldnt do much about the 1st & 2nd goals. Should have done better for the 3rd and his positioning was poor for the 4th goal. If he gets back in line with the defender who is attempting to block the cross, he can easily clear it. Maybe he was anticipating a pull back but should be in a better position.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 4:53pm
With a view to Collins said I would throw this in from Twitter. Sums up how bad Wolves as a club not all of it may be true but a good portion certainly is. 

Still maintain despite all the above they have a decent chance of staying up so wouldn't panic completely yet for Collins. They will eventually be frightened into getting thier act together. 

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 5:08pm
Had a really good game. I thought his confidence had gone after the red but he's getting back to himself.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 4:52pm
I sat down to watch the last 10 minutes of Wolves at home to Brighton. Mitoma (Brighton) picked up the ball on the left of Wolves' box and skinned Nathan Collins so easily, passed across the box and Brighton scored to go 3-2 in front.
It looked lazy defending by Collins.
If Collins is going to be a good defender, let along a great one, he has a lot of improving to do.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 5:01pm
Yes he was done far too easily around the outside for the winner. Made a great block earlier in the game, but he had been far too slow getting back just before it, which was why he needed to make the last gasp block in the first place. Does a lot of good things but needs to cut out the mistakes.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 5:22pm
I watched the period from when they went 2-1 up to half time and it was like watching a pub team trying to defend a lead against a PL team. 11 behind the ball camped. The only blessing for them is they are still only 3-5 points behind a lot of the teams in contention to go down with them by the time this proper manager comes in to try and turn it around. 

As for Collins very poor for the 3rd goal and needs to learn quickly mistakes like that at the top level will hurt his team. Hopefully the management coming in will help. Feel sorry for himself and Kilman a lot being asked of them! 

Edited by kevin100 - 05 Nov 2022 at 5:24pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 7:32pm
I haven't seen the general game but Collins must have been bad in general! Lad is getting absolutely lamped by Wolves twitter. Even Semedo isn't getting as much stick.

Edited by kevin100 - 05 Nov 2022 at 7:33pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 10:00pm
Wolves fan aren't happy with many of them right now believe me, I don't see much criticism for Collins that the rest aren't getting. Ruben Neves (and Hugo Bueno tbf) is about the only one who escapes criticism because he is single handedly doing his best in games to give us a chance. Semedo is getting plenty of stick too and he's been solid for us for 2 years.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 10:44pm
Wolves fans seem to think he was a waste of money, maybe the pressure of the transfer and premier league is getting to him. Not long ago we were all thinking Collins and O'Shea would be playing for the top clubs sooner or later. They're both still so young though for centre halves so let's not worry too much yet. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Wolves fans seem to think he was a waste of money, maybe the pressure of the transfer and premier league is getting to him. Not long ago we were all thinking Collins and O'Shea would be playing for the top clubs sooner or later. They're both still so young though for centre halves so let's not worry too much yet. 
Ah O'Shea is miles off that standard in fairness. Did nothing to suggest that PL clubs would chase his signature during his one season in the PL. His best chance of playing at that level again is going up with a team like West Brom. John Egan is a better defender and hasn't attracted interest beyond paper talk. Collins having a bit of a reality check as well ATM.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 11:31am
We tend to overhype all our young players and Collins is no different. His goal vs Ukraine which was in truth a little fortuitous saw the hype machine move into overdrive. There is no doubt he is one of the brightest CB prospects around, but he is 21yo and will be prone to errors as he learns on the job. He has a big month coming up as do all the young Irish at Wolves because Lopetegui will be casting a critical eye ahead of the January window. Anything could happen, he's obviously been given assurances over funding, maybe he decides he wants an experienced CB, who knows? I'd imagine Collins and Kilman are comfortably the youngest CB pairing in the PL.
Idah Dream!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 11:39am
Nayfin's a good player.  Eel come good.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Nayfin's a good player.  Eel come good.
I fink so too! But seriously lads on here were talking about moving himself and/or omabamidele who is only 20 into midfield before they have even learned their primary job as defenders. Comparisons to Mc Grath and Lawrenson are way ott at this stage of their careers. Fine prospects both, although Oma's injury issues are becoming a concern. Hopefully both go on to fulfil their undoubted potential, but it's far from a given.
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 2:01pm
Hopefully I don't jinx him but he's been very good so far for Wolves today against United. Has had some very good moments with a couple of blocks and interceptions and won a free there with a dangerous run past Casemiro and Fred. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 2:05pm
Was a little weak for the goal just there unfortunately.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 97>
  Share Topic