You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 97>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 10:15am
Does Collins really need to “learn” not to lunge at an opponent in such a dangerous way?? If he does then I think he’s going to struggle in the game. A 10 yo would know not to do that, never mind a 20 million pro. He’s let his team and supporters down. The Wolves fans from what I’ve read have concerns over Collins and Saturday is going to make things worse. I think we’re entitled to point that out on this forum. Anyone who puts it down as “learning experience” doesn’t really look at the game closely enough IMO.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 10:44am
I see McClean having banter with Collins today at the meetup.  

Not sure the fai social media account should be releasing it though.  Normal chat within a group but would they post it if it wasn’t grealish.  Seems a bit small time imo.
AKA pedantic kunt
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 10:49am
Case for the defence
firstly the tackle was not that bad and the yoke made a big deal about it. yes NC caught him but his foot went across him rather than being planted into his stomach.

both players were off the ground which means it is very hard to change ur trajectory. NC was up first and the yoke jumped towards the ball also which is where NC had his foot.

Case for the prosecution
NC needs to learn that once he is off the ground he is out of control and then it is in the lap of the gods. If he was cuter he would have stayed on his feet and let that other thing jump into him and the red card would (should, because obviously u wouldn't send off and english player for fouling an irish player the week thats in it!)

Verdict
I think a red was probably justified but just about. Still shots make it look like he went through him when the reality is he went across him. No real danger in it other than a scrape and a few bruises. But he still caught him above the hip.
It's not me it's you:-)
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 10:52am
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

Does Collins really need to “learn” not to lunge at an opponent in such a dangerous way?? If he does then I think he’s going to struggle in the game. A 10 yo would know not to do that, never mind a 20 million pro. He’s let his team and supporters down. The Wolves fans from what I’ve read have concerns over Collins and Saturday is going to make things worse. I think we’re entitled to point that out on this forum. Anyone who puts it down as “learning experience” doesn’t really look at the game closely enough IMO.

Yes, he does need to "learn". He may not have your mental capacity for football but I'm sure he will be just fine. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 11:25am
He temporarily let his frustration boil over. Its like when players raise their hands up or push their head against another player. It's stupid and you regret it after as you are liable to be sent off.

Most learn not to repeat as you can't afford to be getting sent off. 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I see McClean having banter with Collins today at the meetup.  

Not sure the fai social media account should be releasing it though.  Normal chat within a group but would they post it if it wasn’t grealish.  Seems a bit small time imo.

McClean is sl*gging Collins about not leaving the pitch and looking awkward trying to explain himself. So yes they would have posted it no matter who the player was that was tackled.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Case for the defence
firstly the tackle was not that bad and the yoke made a big deal about it. yes NC caught him but his foot went across him rather than being planted into his stomach.

both players were off the ground which means it is very hard to change ur trajectory. NC was up first and the yoke jumped towards the ball also which is where NC had his foot.

Case for the prosecution
NC needs to learn that once he is off the ground he is out of control and then it is in the lap of the gods. If he was cuter he would have stayed on his feet and let that other thing jump into him and the red card would (should, because obviously u wouldn't send off and english player for fouling an irish player the week thats in it!)

Verdict
I think a red was probably justified but just about. Still shots make it look like he went through him when the reality is he went across him. No real danger in it other than a scrape and a few bruises. But he still caught him above the hip.

It wasn't bad at all - a red card yes but no danger of serious injury. He was too high to break a players leg and nowhere near high enough to cause a head injury, he also didn't lead with his studs and had them facing down (as he was obviously trying to control the ball). It was clumsy and mistimed, but the supposed "danger" of the challenge has been overblown to high heaven.
We're decent enough..
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 2:25pm

Case for the defence

Case for the prosecution

Verdict

What a load of thrash there is no question to be asked it’s a red card 100 times out of 100 within the laws of the game.

Anything else is just rubbish talk Collins knows it as well.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Case for the defence

Case for the prosecution

Verdict

What a load of thrash there is no question to be asked it’s a red card 100 times out of 100 within the laws of the game.

Anything else is just rubbish talk Collins knows it as well.

Ah don't be comparing him to Anthrax now.
Phil Babb View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Babb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 2:40pm
I noticed this aswell. James seems dead happy with him. You can hear Collins saying he didn't mean it.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 3:02pm
The Classy Grealish said he spoke to Collins after the game and he was told it wasn't intentional and Grealish accepted that as fine for him. 

“It was sore,” Grealish said. “He caught me around my stomach. I spoke to him and he didn’t mean it, which is obviously fine. I went in for the tackle because if I do win the ball then I’m away and I think I would’ve been through [on goal].”
It would damage this forums' reputation
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Phil Babb Phil Babb wrote:

I noticed this aswell. James seems dead happy with him. You can hear Collins saying he didn't mean it.

Or he's having the laugh taking the mickey out of a team mate for a mistake he made. People are reading way too much into it if they're trying to see McClean is happy with Collins cause Grealish was the one on the recieving end.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 5:04am
It's 100% a red. He does pull out of the tackle so it wasn't as bad as it looked but he's also not in control which is why it's a red. He'll learn from it as it's a tackle he doesn't need to make as he has the recovery pace to let Grealish run at him. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 8:56am
McClean was giving him a bit of friendly grief LOL, must admit I enjoyed it.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:00am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Phil Babb Phil Babb wrote:

Or he's having the laugh taking the mickey out of a team mate for a mistake he made. People are reading way too much into it if they're trying to see McClean is happy with Collins cause Grealish was the one on the recieving end.

Yeah, from what I can see McClean is taking the piss out of him for the mistake and his subsequent reaction. He embraces him like every other player did one another to greet him, not in a congratulatory fashion. 

As an aside, there is some amount of hugging and embraces going on there. Great to see the camaraderie. Brady said yesterday it was like he was never away. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:07am
In the FAI video, it would appear that there seems to be an issue between Cullen and McClean? or am I reading too much into this. 

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:18am
Maybe they had already greeted each other 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:27am
Cullen looks very serious LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 97>
  Share Topic