Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 97>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 12:58pm
Shout out to Kevin Long too, has the lad ever put a foot wrong in professional football. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Shocking that United didn't spend 15m on this lad when you consider the money they've wasted.

He's Irish.

He's a Rolls Royce . Var is a joke . If that's a pen then Wolves should of had 2 against Man City the other night. 

Would be more suited to this Spurs defence than Davison Sanchez. Might be the green tinted glasses but wouldn't look out of place at Chelsea either with them needing to replace a couple of CBs in the summer.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 1:56pm
He has been brilliant all game. Pretty much every touch was quality and added something. On an individual level he doesn't deserve to be on the losing team here, even if Spurs probably just about deserve the win. If he was English there's no way he would be at Burnley beyond the summer, they probably wouldn't even have been able to sign him last summer to begin with. Even allowing for him being Irish there will be clubs taking a look.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Shout out to Kevin Long too, has the lad ever put a foot wrong in professional football. 

Has rarely had a chance to
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:06pm
Everton are very much not safe. I think they'll be OK in the end, but right now they're still in trouble. I think Coleman will stay on for another season at Everton but maybe more as a squad player next season.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Everton are very much not safe. I think they'll be OK in the end, but right now they're still in trouble. I think Coleman will stay on for another season at Everton but maybe more as a squad player next season.
a kick in the guts for them if Everton don’t get anything today - 1 up after 10, the stadium rocking then… imploding … go back in front…. Defender out for rest of the season and they’ll be under pressure against a good CP team. Could yet be them to go.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:29pm
Coleman has a year left on his contract I doubt he'll be going anywhere next season.

Burnley might very well cash in on Collins this summer if the monies right. A lot of players coming to the end of their contracts this summer and next year. They get a good offer this summer and they'll take it.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:34pm

Coleman has a year left on his contract I doubt he'll be going anywhere next season.

Burnley might very well cash in on Collins this summer if the monies right. A lot of players coming to the end of their contracts this summer and next year. They get a good offer this summer and they'll take it.

Tarkowski is leaving (out of contract). Collins who was brought in as his replacement won't be going anywhere unless a stupendous offer is made, unlikely.

Edited by colemanY2K - 15 May 2022 at 6:38pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Tarkowski is leaving (out of contract). Collins who was brought in as his replacement won't be going anywhere unless a stupendous offer is made, unlikely.
burnley related article in the athletic suggested that a large loan to the club that was part of the recent buy out is due in this seasons accounts if relegated or 24/25 if they remain in EPL until then. So if they down there a v strong chance hell be sold - any player their worth more at this stage taking in the transfer + salary outlay a buying club would need to come up with.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

burnley related article in the athletic suggested that a large loan to the club that was part of the recent buy out is due in this seasons accounts if relegated or 24/25 if they remain in EPL until then. So if they down there a v strong chance hell be sold - any player their worth more at this stage taking in the transfer + salary outlay a buying club would need to come up with.

Not far wrong there D79 , look if the Clarets drop down they have to pay off a huge part of the loan that is outstanding £60 to £80 million depending on what you hear . 
The owner more or less said a few would have to leave ( Pope , McNeil , and Collins ) and those players would raise close to what they need . Now on the other hand if we stay up no need to sell and carry on payments at 8% on the loan a year . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:44am
Didn't see the game but I'm assuming Collins was head to head with Kane? And did he get the upper hand? Some going...
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 12:32pm
Anyone think Collins has potential in CM?

As we have some good CB options, it might be worth trying him there sometimes. He's got good vision, carries the ball well, obviously strong defensively, mobile... 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

Anyone think Collins has potential in CM?

As we have some good CB options, it might be worth trying him there sometimes. He's got good vision, carries the ball well, obviously strong defensively, mobile... 

He's got all the hallmarks of a top class CB but he has more then enough quality to play as a sitting midfielder if needs be. If we are overloaded with CBs and our midfield depth doesn't improve it's for sure an option! 

Collins was outstanding yesterday btw. Best game an Irish player has played in the PL in a while. Treated Kane like a schoolboy. I'm his biggest fan but even I wouldn't have predicted him capable of that effort yesterday. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

i don't know if there's a very strong chance he'll be sold. there's other players at the club on higher wages who would be further up the list like taylor, mcneil and pope for example. the parachute payments coupled with a few sales should cover payments due and reduce overheads. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 1:47pm
There may be a release clause in his contract should Burnley be relegated. I honestly would value him at about €20m the only thing that may hinder that type of price tag would be the amount of premier League appearances.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 2:44pm
Is there much benefit in taking a young defender down with you in terms of getting a return on your investment? If you think about Dara O'Shea, there may not have been interest in him but the injury has definitely served to reduce his value - that is until he can build up the value by getting a good season behind him. If you paid 12-15m for Collins then you'd be wanting to get somewhere around 20m? Are you more likely to get that now or next season? This does ignore the benefit of having him centre half next year which is fairly sizeable too and has to be considered! 

It's a strange conundrum. Hypothetically, Leeds bringing Joel Gelhardt down with them and him scoring 10+ goals in the Championship next season, in my head, makes more sense in terms of getting a return on the player. Is it a little more difficult with a young defender?

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Didn't see the game but I'm assuming Collins was head to head with Kane? And did he get the upper hand? Some going...

Yes he was quicker and stronger in most of their tussles was also excellent on the ball! He’s a class act.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Yes he was quicker and stronger in most of their tussles was also excellent on the ball! He’s a class act.

Agreed. I only saw the first half but he was outstanding in that. Definitely the best player on the pitch - he was everywhere and even found time to create Burnley's best/only chance of the half.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 97>
  Share Topic