Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 97>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by trapscat trapscat wrote:

starts today, hopefully it goes well for him. 
Boy you beat me to it , Mee is out so Nat get his chance .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by trapscat trapscat wrote:

starts today, hopefully it goes well for him. 

A starting premier league player and still a very young lad 

Fantastic to see

Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 2:34pm
great news, if plays well puts him right into contention for upcoming games Clap
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:21pm
for my sins I was at this game, Nathan was good throughout 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:27pm
193rd Irish player to appear in the Premier League: https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1444333354657136643

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:32pm
Clean sheet on his PL debut at 20yo, great to see.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

That seems to be the consensus, bbc has him as their best player. In no time we could have a defence of Collins, oshea, omobamidele. All very young lads
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

That seems to be the consensus, bbc has him as their best player. In no time we could have a defence of Collins, oshea, omobamidele. All very young lads

Yes he was solid in the air and his passing was decent too. Great debut for the lad - he’s got all the attributes to play in the PL but I think we knew that already.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 7:01pm
With the way Burnley are playing though he might find himself back in the championship again next season.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 7:03pm
Will probably need to settle for a bit part role this season with Mee and Tarkowski there, unless maybe Tarkowski goes in January. Might pick up a few games at right back as well. But longer term I'd expect him to do well at this level.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Will probably need to settle for a bit part role this season with Mee and Tarkowski there, unless maybe Tarkowski goes in January. Might pick up a few games at right back as well. But longer term I'd expect him to do well at this level.

I suspect some movement with tarkowski in January as his contract is up but also Collins is making it more difficult to leave him out of the team.
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think you are spot on YTM unless one of Mee or Tarks leave…but he played right back at Stoke and wasn’t as comfortable which is understandable…Darren fletcher recommended him to Man Utd so the lad has something….delighted for him.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:17pm
Did well i must say , one mistake when he was when he let the Norwich player round him on the bye line other then that did what he was asked to do . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 2:19pm
Tarkowski seems to be near the top of the Newcastle signing list for January, which should see Collins come into the Burnley first team on a more regular basis. 

Newcastle's sudden wealth does increase the likelihood of Burnley being relegated though, as it will take one of their main relegation rivals out of the picture completely.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 2:39pm
If he moved in January that would be great for Collins, but I can't see Burnley selling in January and especially to Newcastle who as you said will be battling against relegation too.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 2:42pm
Depends how much Newcastle are willing to pay, every other team will now just see them as a cash cow to be milked as soon as they become interested in one of their players. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 2:54pm
Unless they pay enough to make up for the possible loss in TV Burnley could loss I can't see it. Doesn't Tarkowski also want to join a club higher up the table to help him get into the England.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 3:10pm
I think the point is that he would be joining a club higher up the table. I'd expect Newcastle to be challenging for the top 6 at a minimum next season.

Burnley's decision might also factor in how ready they think Collins is. If they think they have Tarkowski's replacement already in the squad they may be willing to take a strong offer over him leaving for £0 in the summer. The other consideration is that they could hold on to him and still get relegated, so nothing for the player next summer and out of the EPL also.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 97>
  Share Topic