You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 97>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

The new American owners have literally stated they plan to buy young/semi young talent with a view to them excelling and selling them on as well only recently. Collins fits that bill. 

If it's true that Knight is available for £5m to £7m this summer they could do a lot worse than to buy him also. Hard to gauge his ceiling but looks exceptional value at that price.

£5-7 million for knight doesn't read well. Reserve goalkeeper money in this day and age.

Full senior international, one of irelands best prospects and only turned 20 could be available for that. 

Why the hell can't we produce a bloody midfielder.

Edited by Left foot - 22 Jun 2021 at 8:00pm
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

The new American owners have literally stated they plan to buy young/semi young talent with a view to them excelling and selling them on as well only recently. Collins fits that bill. 

If it's true that Knight is available for £5m to £7m this summer they could do a lot worse than to buy him also. Hard to gauge his ceiling but looks exceptional value at that price.

£5-7 million for knight doesn't read well. Reserve goalkeeper money in this day and age.

Full senior international, one of irelands best prospects and only turned 20 could be available for that. 

You do realise we are not English. I’d point to Joe Rodon of Wales 11m adding up to 15m full Welsh international first team starter for Swansea promotion chasing club. Andy Robertson went for 8m too at 23 despite two seasons in the PL for Hull.

David Brooks at 20 if you want an example closer to Knights age was signed for 10m and that was a promotion chasing club not broke. Derby’s situation means 7m would probably snap up Knight. 

It’s nice we have 19-20 year old young fellas impressing to the point they are linked with top flight clubs when’s the last time we see that.

I do get your point you’d love to have a Declan Rice type kid but glass half full.  
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 8:38pm

Was definitely something along those lines yes. It would be interesting to see will there be any moves for Knight. Of the clubs hes linked to I would prefer West Ham or Burnley to Brighton. Bissouma leaving or not they have plenty midfielders Molumby is having that problem getting a run at Brighton bad enough one running down that blind alley. 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 8:51pm

Needs to be viewed in the context of Derby's current situation. Knight has plenty of potential.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 8:53pm

Needs to be viewed in the context of Derby's current situation. Knight has plenty of potential.

David Brooks similar age went to Bournemouth for 10m and that was a club chasing promotion not a broke one like Derby battling relegation. Context indeed we ain’t English unfortunately. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 8:53pm

If Knight was born in Wales or Scotland even, you could easily add another £5m to that transfer value.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:01pm
It's really amazing to see our players transfer upwards to better clubs or even up a league.

Ireland seem to have some good players coming through and going for 5, 10, 15 million which is really good.

What I'm saying is we haven't got that game changer player and haven't had one for decades. Since Roy Keane really.

Where Scotland have mctomminay and Gilbert. Wales have Bale and Ramsey. 

Surely we're due a player that is that bit of class to change our team.
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:09pm

It's really amazing to see our players transfer upwards to better clubs or even up a league.

Ireland seem to have some good players coming through and going for 5, 10, 15 million which is really good.

What I'm saying is we haven't got that game changer player and haven't had one for decades. Since Roy Keane really.

Where Scotland have mctomminay and Gilbert. Wales have Bale and Ramsey. 

Surely we're due a player that is that bit of class to change our team.

Off topic here with the name drop and it’s very early days but I think that young lad at Brighton Andy Moran looks to have that bit of class about him. Again I stress early early day and we’ve been here many times before Big smile

Re Collins, great move if it materialises. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:12pm

Did I see that Cherry Orchard will be getting a nice few bob?
El Puto Amo
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 10:17am
Latest rumours is Stoke have basically laughed at the notion of 12m for Collins. Burnley will have to break their previous transfer record for Gibson to sign him. 

I did think he’d go for 15m initially myself but clearly now they are looking for more then that. 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:02pm
Deal done. Nathan Collins is now a claret, signing a 4 year deal with the option of an extra year.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:13pm
Looks a bit like those hemsworth lads. 

Nathan Collins gets used to his new surroundings. Picture: Burnley FC
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:17pm
Good for him. at Stoke in 2019/2020 IIRC he was in and out a little bit, before last season was a bit of a breakout before the injury. Pleased for him that didn't hold him back or impact his reputation, and that he has achieved a £10 Million+ transfer at 20 years old, and before he has made his international debut. Hopefully he will be able to make the step up quickly, and undoubtedly will be in Kenny's plans in September.

With O'Shea doing well last term and Omobamidele also making the step up to the PL with Norwich, and Kelleher signing his new deal at Liverpool, we are certainly building from the back again.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Good for him. at Stoke in 2019/2020 IIRC he was in and out a little bit, before last season was a bit of a breakout before the injury. Pleased for him that didn't hold him back or impact his reputation, and that he has achieved a £10 Million+ transfer at 20 years old, and before he has made his international debut. Hopefully he will be able to make the step up quickly, and undoubtedly will be in Kenny's plans in September.

With O'Shea doing well last term and Omobamidele also making the step up to the PL with Norwich, and Kelleher signing his new deal at Liverpool, we are certainly building from the back again.

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Might have to do something drastic like shifting O'Shea into CM.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:28pm
Great move for him and a new transfer record for an uncapped Irish player.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 8:31pm
good luck to him. Great prospect. Hope he gets in early and does well. If not, could be in for a long spell on the bench. Dyche doesn’t change it up much.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 9:01pm
Like always he will need to get Dyche fit first then he will get his chance .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Like always he will need to get Dyche fit first then he will get his chance .

Surely Collins should prioritise his own physical condition rather than worry about the fitness levels of his new manager? 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 97>
  Share Topic