You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 97>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 10:33am
Watched the game in the pub with no commentary and thought he had a good game.

Showed good awareness to head one over the bar and was decent on the ball.

He gets forward in possession quite a bit for Brentford.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 11:06am
Poor might have been a stretch in the immediate aftermath, but he was definitely no better than average. Has to bear at least some culpability for the goal (should have closed down his man initially and then waves a lazy leg instead of trying to stop the cross, something he did on at least three occasions). I also thought he was far too eager to get ahead of Wilson throughout the game resulting in a number of frees. Wilson is an awkward enough lad to play against tbf, but he used all his experience to come out on top of those particular battles.

Collins needs to add a bit of composure to his game defensively, he needs to learn he cant win every ball especially up against a wily old pro like Wilson.
Idah Dream!
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:17pm
I thought he played OK too. Wilson got the better of him physically a few times but he's a great striker who's built like a brick wall. He'll get better at managing those type of players with experience. Could have easily been a clean sheet.

Could have closed down a bit sharper on the goal but was far from at fault and that's being overly critical

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

I thought he played OK too. Wilson got the better of him physically a few times but he's a great striker who's built like a brick wall. He'll get better at managing those type of players with experience. Could have easily been a clean sheet.

Could have closed down a bit sharper on the goal but was far from at fault and that's being overly critical

He played fine and dealt with Wilson in the main very well. A player like Wilson is going to get the better of you physically from time to time that’s par for the course regardless of who you are. 

A real solid 7/8 out of 10 performance strange to say otherwise! 

Something that will come from experience is learning when to back off and that he doesn’t have compete on every single ball. He was very anxious to compete for everything with Wilson yesterday. 
I’m sure he was under strict instruction to get stuck into Wilson too.

Edited by kevin100 - 17 Sep 2023 at 2:24pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

He played fine and dealt with Wilson in the main very well. A player like Wilson is going to get the better of you physically from time to time that’s par for the course regardless of who you are. 

A real solid 7/8 out of 10 performance strange to say otherwise! 

Something that will come from experience is learning when to back off and that he doesn’t have compete on every single ball. He was very anxious to compete for everything with Wilson yesterday. 
I’m sure he was under strict instruction to get stuck into Wilson too.

8 out of 10 my hole! Shocked 
Idah Dream!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:35pm
I thought he was okay for the goal tbh. Enough pressure on Anderson to force him into making a poor cross which Hickey has made a terrible mess of. Soft penalty to boot.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:05pm
Oh dear, caps another average performance with a cheap giveaway leading to Everton's third!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:24pm
Has had a shocker to be honest.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:25pm
Is every Irish player playing absolute sh*te at the minute apart from Ferguson?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:27pm
Idah's back, so now it's Collins turn to be finished. This f*cking place turns like the weather LOL
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Idah's back, so now it's Collins turn to be finished. This f*cking place turns like the weather LOL

Like seriously, nobody's saying that about either player.

Stop making sh*t up.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is every Irish player playing absolute sh*te at the minute apart from Ferguson?

and Idah, if he gets one more goal from open play. Smile

Tbf a lot of our normally reliable defenders arent playing/playing well lately, but Azaz, Connolly, Idah, Will Keane, Conor Noss are all having pretty decent seasons thus far. Russell Martin isnt helping matters!
Idah Dream!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:34pm
He could have scored an equaliser but he air kicked at the ball in the box. Not his day
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:39pm

Oh ffs, give it a rest, one can be critical of a players form/performance without dismissing his entire future. I have stood up for plenty of players on here, when criticism has gone overboard, Idah being a prime example, but Bazunu's form is a concern for any normal Irish fan and Collins had a very poor game tonight (I actually think he was poor last week also although many didnt agree and in general I havent been impressed with his form this season). 

Thats not to say I dont rate both players or that theyre finished! I would like to see their form improve however.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Stop making sh*t up.

Yeah, they are. Literally every week players get written off or hyped up based off miniscule, insignificant amounts of evidence. Collins goes fromt from "a future Champions League player" to "a liability who can't defend" every few weeks. The lack of any sort of broader view on a players form or progress is embarrassing, most of you are little more than fickle armchair fans Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:48pm
"Armchair fans" coming from a lad who when you check the match thread the next day he's always on it so clearly doesn't go to a game home or away. 

Was on the the Dutch game thread lecturing people on the correct Germanic pronunciation of the Dutch players names LOLLOLLOLLOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:48pm

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Stop making sh*t up.

Yeah, they are. Literally every week players get written off or hyped up based off miniscule, insignificant amounts of evidence. Collins goes fromt from "a future Champions League player" to "a liability who can't defend" every few weeks. The lack of any sort of broader view on a players form or progress is embarrassing, most of you are little more than fickle armchair fans Embarrassed

No theyre not! Absolutely nobody has written Collins off or claimed that he is finished. That's in your head.

Collins is potentially a Champions League player in the future, he had a sh*te game tonight and his form hasnt been great imo.

We are all guilty of hyping players up, but some seem not to like it when a hype bubble is questioned!
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

"Armchair fans" coming from a lad who when you check the match thread the next day he's always on it so clearly doesn't go to a game home or away. 

Was on the the Dutch game thread lecturing people on the correct Germanic pronunciation of the Dutch players names LOLLOLLOLLOL

Hadn't realised the Aviva was a 4G blackspot?

Germanic pronunciation? Dutch people speak Dutch. You were b*tching about how a Dutch players name was being pronounced by a commentator, when in fact he was pronouncing it correctly and you were talking out of your hole. I wouldn't even compliment you by calling you an armchair fan, you're just a good old fashioned clown Clown
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 97>
  Share Topic