Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 97>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 2:53am
His distribution is top class. Played a lovely pass out of defence to get the move going for Schade's goal.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 4:58am
That’s sh*te defending. He’s there before the keeper so should be taking the responsibility and clearing it, even if the keeper calls for it. Another example of him needing to concentrate of being a defender first.

Has had a good start at Brentford but needs to cut out those errors if he wants to keep his place.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 8:10am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

That's not his game, it's not what he does. He can sometimes step out from centre back and add a body in midfield during a game, but he absolutely can't do what Cullen or Smallbone do at 6.

Maybe but, with all due respect, we won't get to a world cup with Cullen and smallbone in our engine room. We should try something else rather than just accept that's what we have and thats that. I like Cullen but he's far too quiet to be a consistently good performer at international level. You rarely see him open his mouth and being a good communicator in that position is a skill thats very important. 

Collins has the skills, personality and quality to be a good midfielder for us. 

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 11:49am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

That's not his game, it's not what he does. He can sometimes step out from centre back and add a body in midfield during a game, but he absolutely can't do what Cullen or Smallbone do at 6.

Maybe but, with all due respect, we won't get to a world cup with Cullen and smallbone in our engine room. We should try something else rather than just accept that's what we have and thats that. I like Cullen but he's far too quiet to be a consistently good performer at international level. You rarely see him open his mouth and being a good communicator in that position is a skill thats very important. 

Collins has the skills, personality and quality to be a good midfielder for us. 

Except he is not a midfielder and big difference watching and anticipating game in front of you from defence, and being no6 playing game on the half turn 
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 3:15pm
This might already have been pointed out, but has Collins ever played in midfield at any level? 

McGrath was able to play in midfield because he was a world class talent. There's an old saying that good players can play anywhere and intelligent players with the physical capabilities can transition (thinking Philipp Lahm from RB to CM), so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. It just doesn't seem very likely.
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

This might already have been pointed out, but has Collins ever played in midfield at any level? 

McGrath was able to play in midfield because he was a world class talent. There's an old saying that good players can play anywhere and intelligent players with the physical capabilities can transition (thinking Philipp Lahm from RB to CM), so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. It just doesn't seem very likely.

Pretty sure Lahm played midfield when younger and Bayern turned him into a FB. They did it with Alba and even Ryan Johansson played RB.

Remember someone saying beoft they liked to play midfielders as FBs when breaking into the senior team because it's a safer position to play in and helps make players versatile.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:21pm
Ben Mee returns to the starting line up today. Their first game after the internationals is away to Newcastle so Collins will likely come back into the starting XI when they go 3-5-2 for that game.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:50pm
“Nathan Collins has made the bench for Brentford”
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

“Nathan Collins has made the bench for Brentford”

What a carpenter!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 4:44pm
On now. Bringing Mee back in and playing two left footed centre backs didn't really work.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 4:56pm
Lovely pass from Collins for the assist.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 4:56pm
Gets an assist for a 93rd minute goal to bring it to 2-2
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 5:54pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 5:07pm
A short thread on Nathan Collins' 50th Premier League appearance today, the only Irish player under 30 with 50 PL appearances

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 7:35pm
Poor today. I'll get my helmet!
Idah Dream!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 11:04pm
I didn’t think he was poor. You could criticise him for letting the cross in for the goal but two other players made the crucial mistakes, particularly the keeper who bought a cynical play by Gordon and conceded the penalty that won the game. Brentford deserved a draw.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 12:13am
didnt see the game but in the one player ratings article i read he got a 7/10
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 8:14am
I taught he was solid yesterday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 97>
  Share Topic