Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 97>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Salmon of Knowledge Salmon of Knowledge wrote:

Sorry lads, but Collins is rubbish. Wolves would have been relegated last year if they hadn't dropped him and bought in Craig Dawson in the Jan transfer window. And judging by today's performance, Brentford might get relegated too if they keep starting him. 

FAO Baggio and Hotlips
Sponsored Links

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:02am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Van Dijk was at Celtic to the age of 24, Southampton to the age of 27 but yes let’s write Collins off at 22 years of age.

It’s as well this place wasn’t about when Richard Dunne was 22.

I don't see anyone writing him off.

Then you haven’t read the past few pages Hoolahan.

I've read every single one of them while I eat my bucket of popcorn. The most damning criticisms are comments usually prefaced by people emphasising that they like him and that he has obvious potential but that he needs to cut mistakes out of his game if he is to see the potential that saw him linked with teams like Man Utd realised. How on earth is any of that writing him off? I don't think I've read anyone say that he needs to drop down to the Championship or that he's as well to retire. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:59am

Van Dijk was at Celtic to the age of 24, Southampton to the age of 27 but yes let’s write Collins off at 22 years of age.

Me either
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:44am
Nobody is writing him off, it's just concerning to see the amount of mistakes he's making that are being punished. He needs to cut them out and fast. Football is a cruel industry and I'm shocked he hasn't been dropped as of yet. He's been poor for us as well, just has lapses in concentration and it's happening in every game. A bit of realism here lads, he's not the Rolls Royce he was once touted on here but has plenty of time to improve. 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:38am

Then you haven’t read the past few pages Hoolahan.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:35am

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:30am

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Second Captain's mentioned a stat yesterday that he's made the most errors leading to goals (4) of any outfield player this season. Alexander-Arnold is closest with 2. 

I don't think playing in a back 3 suits him, especially with how open Brentford are when they chase a game. Playing in a back 4 might develop his concentration levels a bit because he won't have 2 other defenders to cover him when he makes a mistake. Although they weren't covering him too well against Liverpool anyway.

Lads need to take off the green tinted glasses, the lad is having a bit of a mare recently.

People refuse to accept he is making errors directly leading to goals and then jump down your throat when you point out the obvious. I like Collins but he can't be trusted not to make an error, he has silly mistakes in him and if you can't clearly see that, there's no hope for ya

Nail on the head. 
Page after page arguing that he didn't make any mistakes on Saturday to lead to goals. Come on now, wise the fook up. 
Of course he made mistakes, I think there was only 1 poster who argue against that. It was all the other comments that went along with it. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:00am

Second Captain's mentioned a stat yesterday that he's made the most errors leading to goals (4) of any outfield player this season. Alexander-Arnold is closest with 2. 

I don't think playing in a back 3 suits him, especially with how open Brentford are when they chase a game. Playing in a back 4 might develop his concentration levels a bit because he won't have 2 other defenders to cover him when he makes a mistake. Although they weren't covering him too well against Liverpool anyway.
Brentford are one of the most data driven teams out there yet the still pick him. Maybe in isolation this one stat tells you not very much. 
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 9:47am

Lads need to take off the green tinted glasses, the lad is having a bit of a mare recently.

People refuse to accept he is making errors directly leading to goals and then jump down your throat when you point out the obvious. I like Collins but he can't be trusted not to make an error, he has silly mistakes in him and if you can't clearly see that, there's no hope for ya

Correct. 

He's played well in some games, and struggled in others. He is still learning at this level. CBs usually don't peak until around 27. Hopefully he finds a home at Brentford and irons out his game.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 9:42am

Nail on the head. 
Page after page arguing that he didn't make any mistakes on Saturday to lead to goals. Come on now, wise the fook up. 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 8:27am

"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 3:49am

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

@Gerk

Too many posts to quote but I think any defender would be a bit hesitant making a committed challenge in that position when it's someone like Salah who has such good close control. Collins at least stayed on his feet but you have to give Salah credit for bamboozling him and finishing it well. 

Thought Salah's second touch was poor. He pushed it too straight and Collins then had a chance to get the foot in. 
Get it's Salah and all, but I think he could have done better there. 
But yea, unreal finish
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

They conceded meaning he clearly didn’t make the right decision. Some of your posts on here are beyond laughable at this point 

Your post suggests that if he'd done something different they definitely wouldn't have conceded - do you need an explanation about non-binary outcomes? I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but making the right choice in any given situation does not guarantee the desired outcome...
Like win the ball? Pretty sure if he wins the ball in that situation, they don’t concede in that very moment

Easier said than done mate. 
I’m well aware. Are we also glossing over the fact that after his two tame swipes at the ball, he gets completely outmuscled? It’s a poor showing from him, no doubt he has the ability but as has been mentioned numerous times already he needs to cut out these types of games 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 7:06pm

They conceded meaning he clearly didn’t make the right decision. Some of your posts on here are beyond laughable at this point 

Your post suggests that if he'd done something different they definitely wouldn't have conceded - do you need an explanation about non-binary outcomes? I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but making the right choice in any given situation does not guarantee the desired outcome...
Like win the ball? Pretty sure if he wins the ball in that situation, they don’t concede in that very moment

Easier said than done mate. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 7:06pm
@Gerk

Too many posts to quote but I think any defender would be a bit hesitant making a committed challenge in that position when it's someone like Salah who has such good close control. Collins at least stayed on his feet but you have to give Salah credit for bamboozling him and finishing it well. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 6:50pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 97>
  Share Topic