FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 97>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 11:08am
Going by the highlights on MOTD, he had a very poor game. Is directly responsible for the 1st and 3rd but also doesnt win a header in the run up to McNeil’s chance and then himself and the RB lose Doucouré again as he hits his the bar. 

A young defender playing in the PL will have bad days no matter the opposition. Wouldn’t be panicking just yet.

Edited by The Huntacha - 24 Sep 2023 at 11:11am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Salmon of Knowledge Salmon of Knowledge wrote:

I don't think Collins is up to the grade as a top level defender. Wolves spent a fortune on him the season before last and they were bottom of the league. One of the first things Lopetegui did when he became manager was bring in Dawson from West Ham and drop Collins. Wolves started to rise up the table once Collins was dropped.

Now he's at Brentford for another big fee and looking shaky again. I think Thomas Frank will drop him if his performances don't improve dramatically. He's good on the ball which is all very well (although he was caught badly in possession for Everton's third goal tonight) but a Premier League quality centre half of his size needs to be dominant, and he simply isn't. 
Haven't seen that goal yet but he does seem to have a habit for trying too much with the ball and giving it away. He lost Doucoure due to ball watching for Everton's first goal tonight as well. As John said, I think he has all the tools to be a PL quality defender, but doesn't seem to be capable of putting it all together yet. Frustrating because I'd say he is too good for the Championship but not quite good enough for the PL (yet).
Salmon of Knowledge View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salmon of Knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 10:58pm
I don't think Collins is up to the grade as a top level defender. Wolves spent a fortune on him the season before last and they were bottom of the league. One of the first things Lopetegui did when he became manager was bring in Dawson from West Ham and drop Collins. Wolves started to rise up the table once Collins was dropped.

Now he's at Brentford for another big fee and looking shaky again. I think Thomas Frank will drop him if his performances don't improve dramatically. He's good on the ball which is all very well (although he was caught badly in possession for Everton's third goal tonight) but a Premier League quality centre half of his size needs to be dominant, and he simply isn't. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Honestly he looks similar to his Wolves career to me. Does a lot of very good things but has a mistake in him. Brentford having a better defensive shape an playing identity has helped compensate for that so his errors aren't usually as costly. He'll be fine though I'm sure just one of those days.

I'm not disagreeing, but he has to improve his concentration levels if he wants to get to the next level. No top team will take a chance on him unless he eradicates some of the sloppy stuff. He has all the tools, there's no doubt about that.
Idah Dream!
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 8:34pm
Honestly he looks similar to his Wolves career to me. Does a lot of very good things but has a mistake in him. Brentford having a better defensive shape an playing identity has helped compensate for that so his errors aren't usually as costly. He'll be fine though I'm sure just one of those days.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

"Armchair fans" coming from a lad who when you check the match thread the next day he's always on it so clearly doesn't go to a game home or away. 

Was on the the Dutch game thread lecturing people on the correct Germanic pronunciation of the Dutch players names LOLLOLLOLLOL

Hadn't realised the Aviva was a 4G blackspot?

Germanic pronunciation? Dutch people speak Dutch. You were b*tching about how a Dutch players name was being pronounced by a commentator, when in fact he was pronouncing it correctly and you were talking out of your hole. I wouldn't even compliment you by calling you an armchair fan, you're just a good old fashioned clown Clown
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Idah's back, so now it's Collins turn to be finished. This f*cking place turns like the weather LOL

Like seriously, nobody's saying that about either player.

Stop making sh*t up.

Yeah, they are. Literally every week players get written off or hyped up based off miniscule, insignificant amounts of evidence. Collins goes fromt from "a future Champions League player" to "a liability who can't defend" every few weeks. The lack of any sort of broader view on a players form or progress is embarrassing, most of you are little more than fickle armchair fans Embarrassed

No theyre not! Absolutely nobody has written Collins off or claimed that he is finished. That's in your head.

Collins is potentially a Champions League player in the future, he had a sh*te game tonight and his form hasnt been great imo.

We are all guilty of hyping players up, but some seem not to like it when a hype bubble is questioned!
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:48pm
"Armchair fans" coming from a lad who when you check the match thread the next day he's always on it so clearly doesn't go to a game home or away. 

Was on the the Dutch game thread lecturing people on the correct Germanic pronunciation of the Dutch players names LOLLOLLOLLOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Idah's back, so now it's Collins turn to be finished. This f*cking place turns like the weather LOL

Stop making sh*t up.

Yeah, they are. Literally every week players get written off or hyped up based off miniscule, insignificant amounts of evidence. Collins goes fromt from "a future Champions League player" to "a liability who can't defend" every few weeks. The lack of any sort of broader view on a players form or progress is embarrassing, most of you are little more than fickle armchair fans Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:39pm

Oh ffs, give it a rest, one can be critical of a players form/performance without dismissing his entire future. I have stood up for plenty of players on here, when criticism has gone overboard, Idah being a prime example, but Bazunu's form is a concern for any normal Irish fan and Collins had a very poor game tonight (I actually think he was poor last week also although many didnt agree and in general I havent been impressed with his form this season). 

Thats not to say I dont rate both players or that theyre finished! I would like to see their form improve however.
Idah Dream!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:34pm
He could have scored an equaliser but he air kicked at the ball in the box. Not his day
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is every Irish player playing absolute sh*te at the minute apart from Ferguson?

and Idah, if he gets one more goal from open play. Smile

Tbf a lot of our normally reliable defenders arent playing/playing well lately, but Azaz, Connolly, Idah, Will Keane, Conor Noss are all having pretty decent seasons thus far. Russell Martin isnt helping matters!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:28pm

Stop making sh*t up.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:27pm
We're decent enough..
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:25pm
Is every Irish player playing absolute sh*te at the minute apart from Ferguson?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:24pm
Has had a shocker to be honest.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:05pm
Oh dear, caps another average performance with a cheap giveaway leading to Everton's third!
Idah Dream!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:35pm
I thought he was okay for the goal tbh. Enough pressure on Anderson to force him into making a poor cross which Hickey has made a terrible mess of. Soft penalty to boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 97>
  Share Topic